Setting The Record Straight Again...

There has been NO slavery since 1865 thus NO free labor was used to build up the Railroads, Assembly line Factories, cars, steel high rise, bridges, Airplanes, gas tractors and so on.

America was mostly built on wages and investments the last 157 years thus ZERO reparation claims can be used for this period of time.
What replaced slavery in the United States? I'll give you a clue...

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction​

What replaced slavery in the United States? And this is not a trick question, I'll even give you a clue...

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution​
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction​

On February 25th, 1913, the 16th Amendment of the United States Constitution was ratified. This amendment created the income tax. Today, every working American must pay income tax unless their income is below a certain level. Since 1913 blacks have paid federal income taxes to help finance programs and policies that have excluded us. Most states began income taxes during Jim Crow Apartheid, and working blacks paid income taxes that helped states implement policies enforcing apartheid.

More than 50 billion dollars (based on 1930’s value) was spent on The New Deal and Servicemen's Readjustment Act. That amount equals over 1 trillion dollars in today's money. Both programs are credited with providing a significant boost to wealth accumulation in America. Both policies excluded vast numbers of black who worked and paid taxes. Federal housing policies kept blacks segregated in poorly built or maintained property using tax dollars working blacks paid. Education, paid for by tax dollars blacks pay into the system, continues underfunding schools in black neighborhoods. Blacks pay taxes to fund law enforcement who kill blacks at three times our population, even as whites are more than double the arrests. Tax money working blacks pay into the system allocated for social services or community development are not equally invested in organizations, services, or policies that would increase positive outcomes in black communities. When the discussion is about reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

So it's time for the I'm not going to pay my money people to shut up. Blacks have paid for most everything whites have today. Literally from slavery to this moment. While a lot of our communities remain underdeveloped and underserved, black tax dollars fund white community development. Black dollars drawing interest in white banks get loaned to white entrepreneurs to start businesses while blacks get denied. So let's set the record straight, blacks have paid taxes for 109 years and have watched whites get things we have been refused.

Jonathan Kaplan and Andrew Valls, Housing Discrimination As A Basis For Black Reparations, Public Affairs Quarterly, Volume 21, Number 3, July 2007

H.R.3745 - Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act, H.R.3745 - 101st Congress (1989-1990): Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act

Shawn D Rochester, The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America, pg, 82, Good Steward Publishing, Southbury CT., 2018

U.S. Constitution - Sixteenth Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

When Did Your State Adopt Its Income Tax? | Tax Foundation

Jim Powell, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For

Blacks HAVE NOT PAID for most of what whites have today. There you go with your victim mentality again. You lie and whine as you do it.

Stupid. You see the black tax dollars that helped pay for the streets you drive on, and probably to the company that built your house.
I’m sure those streets have been repaved several times over with white tax dollars too

: "The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household."

Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap, pg. 10 https://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Asset Value of Whiteness_0.pdf

"Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education."

Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, Education Alone Can't Close The Racial Wage Gap, Education Alone Can't Close The Racial Wage Gap
Perhaps they chose the wrong careers

Look, this tactic gets old. Since 1913 the government implemented policies that benefitted whites and excluded blacks although blacks paid taxes. Every one of you here has directly or indirectly benefitted from such policies. Whitey has not given us a break by making us poor. That's asinine. Blacks were excluded from various high paying fields against our will. What has happened is whitey created a deficit because whitey decided that only whitey had the right to earn a high wage. Whitey created blacks on public assistance because of whiteys racism. Because of this piss poor thinking, whitey has probably cost this country 50 trillion in income since 1913 and I'm probably being conservative.
If someone didn’t have the education, experience, or skill, why should they get equal pay? Poor people paid less, if any, taxes, so your argument is moot. If white people paid their taxes, they in no way denied you shit.

In the 1830s, powerful Southern slaveowners wanted to import capital into their states so they could buy more slaves. They came up with a new, two-part idea: mortgaging slaves; and then turning the mortgages into bonds that could be marketed all over the world.

First, American planters organized new banks, usually in new states like Mississippi and Louisiana. Drawing up lists of slaves for collateral, the planters then mortgaged them to the banks they had created, enabling themselves to buy additional slaves to expand cotton production. To provide capital for those loans, the banks sold bonds to investors from around the globe — London, New York, Amsterdam, Paris. The bond buyers, many of whom lived in countries where slavery was illegal, didn’t own individual slaves — just bonds backed by their value. Planters’ mortgage payments paid the interest and the principle on these bond payments. Enslaved human beings had been, in modern financial lingo, “securitized.”

As slave-backed mortgages became paper bonds, everybody profited — except, obviously, enslaved African Americans whose forced labor repaid owners’ mortgages. But investors owed a piece of slave-earned income. Older slave states such as Maryland and Virginia sold slaves to the new cotton states, at securitization-inflated prices, resulting in slave asset bubble. Cotton factor firms like the now-defunct Lehman Brothers — founded in Alabama — became wildly successful. Lehman moved to Wall Street, and for all these firms, every transaction in slave-earned money flowing in and out of the U.S. earned Wall Street firms a fee.

The infant American financial industry nourished itself on profits taken from financing slave traders, cotton brokers and underwriting slave-backed bonds. But though slavery ended in 1865, in the years after the Civil War, black entrepreneurs would find themselves excluded from a financial system originally built on their bodies.
-
Edward E. Baptist and Louis Hyman, American Finance Grew on the Back of Slaves

Wrong again.
Is this thread about slavery?

What replaced slavery in the United States? I'll give you a clue...

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution​
Judicial labor was a rare thing. Chain gangs were a thing in the South and prison inmates were paid for their labor (admittedly a pittance, but since the public already paid for their housing and sustenance it was all spending money).

IM2 you're casting your pearls before swine. They wouldn't get it or rather admit to getting it to save their own lives.
That may be, but when I face the lord, he will know I tried.

Well some us grew up reading actual books. For the Twitter generation, I understand that reading anything that's longer than a 140 character length tweet is HARD lol.
Mike is a white dude who posts the same racist lies daily. If I was posting loads of stuff blaming blacks for our problems, he'd read all of and ask for more. The channel of white racism needs to be changed. Mike can't do that because he'd have to log out.

There were blacks who did pay income tax,

A few.

and the blacks below the threshold existed because of Jim Crow.

I know, damn democrats!

All you do with your argument is bolster my claims.

Punctured your whiny bs about black taxes funding all the cool stuff.

A few.

and the blacks below the threshold existed because of Jim Crow.

I know, damn democrats!

All you do with your argument is bolster my claims.

Punctured your whiny bs about black taxes funding all the cool stuff.
What IM2 doesn't want to admit is that almost all whites fell below the threshold as well. To use his own trope there were many more poor whites than poor blacks.

On February 25th, 1913, the 16th Amendment of the United States Constitution was ratified. This amendment created the income tax. Today, every working American must pay income tax unless their income is below a certain level. Since 1913 blacks have paid federal income taxes to help finance programs and policies that have excluded us. Most states began income taxes during Jim Crow Apartheid, and working blacks paid income taxes that helped states implement policies enforcing apartheid.

More than 50 billion dollars (based on 1930’s value) was spent on The New Deal and Servicemen's Readjustment Act. That amount equals over 1 trillion dollars in today's money. Both programs are credited with providing a significant boost to wealth accumulation in America. Both policies excluded vast numbers of black who worked and paid taxes. Federal housing policies kept blacks segregated in poorly built or maintained property using tax dollars working blacks paid. Education, paid for by tax dollars blacks pay into the system, continues underfunding schools in black neighborhoods. Blacks pay taxes to fund law enforcement who kill blacks at three times our population, even as whites are more than double the arrests. Tax money working blacks pay into the system allocated for social services or community development are not equally invested in organizations, services, or policies that would increase positive outcomes in black communities. When the discussion is about reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

So it's time for the I'm not going to pay my money people to shut up. Blacks have paid for most everything whites have today. Literally from slavery to this moment. While a lot of our communities remain underdeveloped and underserved, black tax dollars fund white community development. Black dollars drawing interest in white banks get loaned to white entrepreneurs to start businesses while blacks get denied. So let's set the record straight, blacks have paid taxes for 109 years and have watched whites get things we have been refused.

Jonathan Kaplan and Andrew Valls, Housing Discrimination As A Basis For Black Reparations, Public Affairs Quarterly, Volume 21, Number 3, July 2007

H.R.3745 - Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act, H.R.3745 - 101st Congress (1989-1990): Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act

Shawn D Rochester, The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America, pg, 82, Good Steward Publishing, Southbury CT., 2018

U.S. Constitution - Sixteenth Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

When Did Your State Adopt Its Income Tax? | Tax Foundation

Jim Powell, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For

There is an example of this kind of thing in the book "From Here to Equality." Although this program is funded by federal taxes on gasoline, not the income tax, the resulting negative effects apply. Money black folks payed out ended up being used against them by discriminatory practices.

“The federal interstate highway program was deployed to situate new freeways through the heart of black communities, disrupting established neighborhoods, displacing residents, and destroying black-owned business districts. The goal was clear to most, even if it was rarely stated directly. Actions and policies made intentions transparent – and the visible consequences of the highways the highwaymen built are the best evidence of their desired objective. As one former federal highway official conceded in a 1972 interview, “The urban interstates gave city officials “a good opportunity to get rid of the local niggertown.”

I believe that this happened in Buffalo, the site of the recent mass shooting.

Segregation Along Highway Lines: How the Kensington Expressway Reshaped Buffalo, New York

By William Fox

Really? What degrees would those be and who are claiming has them? SPECIFiCALLY, not just your insinuation regarding black people.

By the way, Bill Gates doesn't have a degree.
Apparently he can't read. And this is why I have to repeat stuff. They ignore thing then say dumb shit.

"Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education."
- Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

He was shown this and still makes his foolish comment.
Cognitive dissonance.

Forum List

Back