Setting The Record Straight Again...

Some dude named Roy said that.

Very convincing.

I love that you think it was a "study". LOL!
Suck it up. Because it was a study and no matter how many more studies I show you, you are going to do the same thing. You were shown the facts. You lost.

Suck it up. Because it was a study and no matter how many more studies I show you, you are going to do the same thing. You were shown the facts. You lost.

Study? Why does it say commentary?

1653799679812.png

It's 444 words.

Calling it a study is stupid, even for you.

You're on ignore Todd. I'm tired of you. You were shown the facts. You lost. Since you won't shut up you can talk to yourself.

You're on ignore Todd. I'm tired of you. You were shown the facts. You lost. Since you won't shut up you can talk to yourself.

COMMENTARY​

Education Alone Can't Close The Racial Wage Gap​

cps-2018-income-race-chart-1_v4nW5Gt.png

Education is often touted as the great equalizer that enables minorities from lower-income backgrounds to compete for a piece of the American Dream. Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, however, tell a very different story. Even after completing four-year undergraduate and graduate degrees, Hispanics and African Americans earn less than non-Hispanic Whites with the same and often less education.
Disparity Despite Similarities in Post-Secondary Education
The numbers are sobering. I ran the Census Current Population Survey’s 2018 median income levels by race and bachelor’s degree attainment, and found that Black and Hispanic bachelor’s degree holders earn nearly a quarter less than Asians and Whites with equal levels of education.
Even when Blacks and Hispanics go the extra mile and earn professional degrees, their incomes still don’t break six figures. Whites and Asians, however, double their incomes by earning professional degrees, allowing them to make well over $100,000 a year.
Common Misconceptions
America prides itself as being the land of opportunity where everyone has a fair shot at success. That’s what makes this wage gap so disheartening and a national embarrassment on the global stage.
But acknowledging that a problem exists is the first step toward solving it. To do that, we must have an honest conversation about perceptions in America. Whites think that the wealth held by Black households equals about 80% of Whites. Data from the U.S. Census Bureau, however, reveals that Black wealth is only about 7% than that of Whites.
Narrowing the Racial Wage Gap
It’s unlikely that wage and wealth disparity will disappear on its own. In fact, at every level of wage distribution, the gap between Black and White wages was larger in 2018 than it was in 2000. That is discouraging, but the problem can be addressed. Options to start narrowing the racial wage gap include:
  • Better enforcement of racial work anti-discrimination laws
  • Policies that promote stronger labor standards
  • Improvements to worker bargaining power
  • Eliminating past earnings questions from job applications
  • Increased mentorship opportunities for minority workers
  • Incentives for minority entrepreneurs and business owners
Additionally, economic outcomes are heavily influenced by social networks. People, regardless of race, are more likely to extend opportunities to people of similar social standing as themselves. Creating better opportunities for minority graduates to mingle with or be mentored or sponsored by decision-makers from other groups will help them build social capital to use when seeking well-paid employment.
The U.S. economy is consumer-driven. Closing the racial wage gap will benefit all Americans by ensuring that the next generation of workers, who will be majority-minority, earn enough to contribute equally to our economic growth, thus maintaining our nation’s leadership role in the global economy.

Check it out everybody, IM2's favorite 444 word study.

LOL!

Pussy.

On February 25th, 1913, the 16th Amendment of the United States Constitution was ratified. This amendment created the income tax. Today, every working American must pay income tax unless their income is below a certain level. Since 1913 blacks have paid federal income taxes to help finance programs and policies that have excluded us. Most states began income taxes during Jim Crow Apartheid, and working blacks paid income taxes that helped states implement policies enforcing apartheid.

More than 50 billion dollars (based on 1930’s value) was spent on The New Deal and Servicemen's Readjustment Act. That amount equals over 1 trillion dollars in today's money. Both programs are credited with providing a significant boost to wealth accumulation in America. Both policies excluded vast numbers of black who worked and paid taxes. Federal housing policies kept blacks segregated in poorly built or maintained property using tax dollars working blacks paid. Education, paid for by tax dollars blacks pay into the system, continues underfunding schools in black neighborhoods. Blacks pay taxes to fund law enforcement who kill blacks at three times our population, even as whites are more than double the arrests. Tax money working blacks pay into the system allocated for social services or community development are not equally invested in organizations, services, or policies that would increase positive outcomes in black communities. When the discussion is about reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

So it's time for the I'm not going to pay my money people to shut up. Blacks have paid for most everything whites have today. Literally from slavery to this moment. While a lot of our communities remain underdeveloped and underserved, black tax dollars fund white community development. Black dollars drawing interest in white banks get loaned to white entrepreneurs to start businesses while blacks get denied. So let's set the record straight, blacks have paid taxes for 109 years and have watched whites get things we have been refused.

Jonathan Kaplan and Andrew Valls, Housing Discrimination As A Basis For Black Reparations, Public Affairs Quarterly, Volume 21, Number 3, July 2007

H.R.3745 - Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act, H.R.3745 - 101st Congress (1989-1990): Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act

Shawn D Rochester, The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America, pg, 82, Good Steward Publishing, Southbury CT., 2018

U.S. Constitution - Sixteenth Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

When Did Your State Adopt Its Income Tax? | Tax Foundation

Jim Powell, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For

Interesting concept, IM2! What percentage of taxes in the US are paid by blacks and what percentage is paid by whites? According to you blacks pay more...correct? Care to back that up?

Interesting concept, IM2! What percentage of taxes in the US are paid by blacks and what percentage is paid by whites? According to you blacks pay more...correct? Care to back that up?
Stop trying to tell me what I am saying. You're too dumb to do that. Read the words written and understand that is what's meant. Now, how about you just recognize that blacks have paid taxes for things we were excluded from that you have benefitted from and that today blacks still do not get the return on our taxes that whites do.

Stop trying to tell me what I am saying. You're too dumb to do that. Read the words written and understand that is what's meant. Now, how about you just recognize that blacks have paid taxes for things we were excluded from that you have benefitted from and that today blacks still do not get the return on our taxes that whites do.
So what percentage of taxes do you think have been paid by blacks, IM2?
What have I benefitted from that blacks have not?

On February 25th, 1913, the 16th Amendment of the United States Constitution was ratified. This amendment created the income tax. Today, every working American must pay income tax unless their income is below a certain level. Since 1913 blacks have paid federal income taxes to help finance programs and policies that have excluded us. Most states began income taxes during Jim Crow Apartheid, and working blacks paid income taxes that helped states implement policies enforcing apartheid.

More than 50 billion dollars (based on 1930’s value) was spent on The New Deal and Servicemen's Readjustment Act. That amount equals over 1 trillion dollars in today's money. Both programs are credited with providing a significant boost to wealth accumulation in America. Both policies excluded vast numbers of black who worked and paid taxes. Federal housing policies kept blacks segregated in poorly built or maintained property using tax dollars working blacks paid. Education, paid for by tax dollars blacks pay into the system, continues underfunding schools in black neighborhoods. Blacks pay taxes to fund law enforcement who kill blacks at three times our population, even as whites are more than double the arrests. Tax money working blacks pay into the system allocated for social services or community development are not equally invested in organizations, services, or policies that would increase positive outcomes in black communities. When the discussion is about reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

So it's time for the I'm not going to pay my money people to shut up. Blacks have paid for most everything whites have today. Literally from slavery to this moment. While a lot of our communities remain underdeveloped and underserved, black tax dollars fund white community development. Black dollars drawing interest in white banks get loaned to white entrepreneurs to start businesses while blacks get denied. So let's set the record straight, blacks have paid taxes for 109 years and have watched whites get things we have been refused.

Jonathan Kaplan and Andrew Valls, Housing Discrimination As A Basis For Black Reparations, Public Affairs Quarterly, Volume 21, Number 3, July 2007

H.R.3745 - Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act, H.R.3745 - 101st Congress (1989-1990): Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act

Shawn D Rochester, The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America, pg, 82, Good Steward Publishing, Southbury CT., 2018

U.S. Constitution - Sixteenth Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

When Did Your State Adopt Its Income Tax? | Tax Foundation

Jim Powell, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For, The 'Old' New Deal Still Isn't Paid For

🖕🖕

Airline pilots amount to what, a hundredth of a percent of employees? Up until recently, you needed military multi-engine experience to become an airline pilot. That means as long as there has been an Air Force, there were black pilots, so by 1952 there could have been black air line pilots. The first actual example was in 1964. Again your complaints are in the past.
I don't care what percentage of the population they comprise they're a perfect representation of black people being frozen out of a high paying and prestigious career due to nothing more than racial discrimination.

If someone said to any of you hey it's no big deal that you lost out on 20 years of income, on top of being denied a career in a field that you love and are imminently qualified for due to the hatred of other people based on the fact that you're white, you all would be squealing like a stuck pig as well looking for someone to sue on your before to recoup those loss wages and ensure your career would be upheld and honored <snicker>

Furthermore it matters not what the military was doing, I specified the commercial airlines. And while you were close of when the African American pilot took to the skies for the commercial airlines you didn't note that 1964 is the year the Civil Rights Act became law and effectively desegregation the United States, at least on paper.

All of life is shaped by events of the past, I'm surprised you don't know that.

I don't care what percentage of the population they comprise they're a perfect representation of black people being frozen out of a high paying and prestigious career due to nothing more than racial discrimination.

If someone said to any of you hey it's no big deal that you lost out on 20 years of income, on top of being denied a career in a field that you love and are imminently qualified for due to the hatred of other people based on the fact that you're white, you all would be squealing like a stuck pig as well looking for someone to sue on your before to recoup those loss wages and ensure your career would be upheld and honored <snicker>

Furthermore it matters not what the military was doing, I specified the commercial airlines. And while you were close of when the African American pilot took to the skies for the commercial airlines you didn't note that 1964 is the year the Civil Rights Act became law and effectively desegregation the United States, at least on paper.

All of life is shaped by events of the past, I'm surprised you don't know that.
I actually agree with you, but what you don't see is that YOU (and not most people) are limited by events of the past. Instead of looking forwards, you constantly look back.

Forum List

Back