Setting it up for more gun control legislation

Nope, read all about it. Just not sure which parts you find Draconian

If your boyfriend or girlfriend can't legally buy a gun, you can't either? Seriously? I find that to be a serious violation of the 2nd Amendment. What's next, you can't drive if your boyfriend or girlfriend has a suspended license?

This is the relevant quote from the article on this bill. "it’s been received as an important, incremental step toward further progress on gun control"

If your boyfriend or girlfriend can't legally buy a gun, you can't either? Seriously? I find that to be a serious violation of the 2nd Amendment. What's next, you can't drive if your boyfriend or girlfriend has a suspended license?

This is the relevant quote from the article on this bill. "it’s been received as an important, incremental step toward further progress on gun control"

Thanks, I have to admit I did not really know what the "boyfriend loophole" was.

The current law already applies to spouses of people convicted of domestic abuse, it has been widened to reflect the fact fewer people are getting married.

If the current law was not a serious violation of the 2nd Amendment, then neither would be the new version.

Though I would agree both versions are. I wonder if they have been challenged in court.

If the guy is talking and explaining what he did in detail, why are the police not releasing his motive?

A simple question would have been asked of him "why did you do this"? The police would have been given a response. This response has not been conveyed to the public. Why not?

When you don't have transparency you open the door to theories that help no one, just look at my country.

If they release too much about him then it humanizes him and shows HE killed those people and that HE is crazy and that HE is a criminal.

They don't want that, they want it to be all about the guns. They don't want to talk about the criminals, the thugs, the ghetto trash, the nutballs that kill and hurt people. They want to only talk about the guns.

Yet we never hear any outrage over the countless shootings and murders every weekend in Chicago.

Thanks, I have to admit I did not really know what the "boyfriend loophole" was.

The current law already applies to spouses of people convicted of domestic abuse, it has been widened to reflect the fact fewer people are getting married.

If the current law was not a serious violation of the 2nd Amendment, then neither would be the new version.

Though I would agree both versions are. I wonder if they have been challenged in court.

I have no idea but I can't imagine either being upheld by the SC.

Congress just passed,and Brandon just signed Draconian Style Gun control.

Isn't it too early for anything more? Or did the legislation last month just whet the liberals' taste for even more crazy gun control, proving beyond doubt the "Slippery Slope" theorem?
Draconian? Think not, Just the weakest tiny attempt supported by Republicans because they were getting so much back lash over tiny children being killed in there class rooms.

We're on it . . .

FW3HaUQWYAICok5.jpg

Forum List

Back