“serious stain on Israel law books, because it authorises theft and robbery“

Wow. Unbelievable. Outright and unabashed theft of private property.

So when are we going to hear your outrage about the EU/PA illegal settlements in the area.

Or is it a thing only when the Jews settle in Judea?

European Union is 'breaking international law by funding illegal West Bank building projects'
23FA4C9800000578-2869651-image-m-19_1418375591838.jpg

We're talking about a particular specific case that has been through the courts. What is it with you guys that you have to drag in the kitchen sink rather than actually addressing the point in the OP?

It's not me who's spamming thread after thread with deflection, blood libels and insults but the usual team...however it seems to have not much effect on you.

I've asked simple and relevant questions regarding the topic, for a reason.

Again, can you put the drama aside and answer the questions?

You understand nothing, not even the extent of your own ignorance and bigotry.

Ah such a good argument from a Trumpite...

Was it not Trump who said, when questioned about economics, "It's a secret, you will have to wait and see"?

Like all failed racist bigots in the 21st century... You just added yourself to the failed list by your own stupidity!

Congratulations!

Unless you have something interesting to say, don't bother!

Put your 'capriote' on and wander the streets (No, correct, it is absolutely NOT a capriote) and set fire to those who do not fit in with your small minded, though brainwashed mind...

Gotta love those neo nazi types here supporting Israel :cuckoo:

But you dont, you support islamonazi terrorism and violence against the Jews

Any documentation of private ownership of the Amona land?

Ask the courts. But I'm sure your mind is decided already and the question is unnecessary.

In other words "Jordan said so".
After it conquered Judea Samaria and gave away lands for free in the 60"s to all kinds of elite families. In many of those cases those people didn't even know they "owned" any new land...

I haven't seen any documentation being presented in any the of Israeli media, those who dug the Jordanian archives for them were mainly leftist NGO's working hand in hand with same leftist court. BTW those who might have any claim had to present them to the regional courts rather than run to the HCJ straight away.

Those lands are not privately owned in the usual meaning, so again why do you single out the Jews who live in Judea Samaria?

Why do you single out these Palestinians who's land was taken according to the final decsion from the courts? Oh wait. They're Palestinian. They can't POSSIBLY have any rights in the matter.:eusa_doh:

Here you go again with your " palestinian land " without once proving it was palestinian land. This is tinmore trick that he uses altered treaties to prove, and fails. When the documented evidence points to the arab muslims being illegal immigrants and having no actual land title prior to that given by Jordan in 1950. Look at Hansard the official minutes of the British government when Churchill stood up and stated that arab muslims were flooding into palestine illegally. Every time there was a violent uprising the arab muslim population increased over and above that of every other surrounding nation. The war of independence saw a population increase of 25% alone due to the deserters from the arab league forces.

NOW WHY DO YOU SINGLE OUT THE JEWS AND ISRAEL WHEN THE PALESTINIANS DID MUCH WORSE IN 1949 WHEN THEY FORCIBLY EVICTED THE JEWS FROM THEIR LANDS AND THEN PASSED LAWS STEALING THEIR HUMAN, CIVIL, RELIGIOUS AND LEGAL RIGHTS AWAY FROM THEM. THEN ISSUING FAKE LAND TITLE IN THE 1950'S TO ANY ARAB MUSLIM THAT MOVED TO THE AREA.

Really? How is that robbery?

Did any of you bother to check what the law says, or are you all on automat comments?

Speaking of automat comments...why is it you automatically defend it? Are the courts meaningless in your country?

Like all, they can and do get it wrong, but only in the US can you buy your innocence after being found guilty. So you are the last person that should be judging the Jews and Israel for looking after their own.

Really? How is that robbery?

Did any of you bother to check what the law says, or are you all on automat comments?

From my understanding we don't know IF or how the new law will affect the court rulings on places like Amona or Ofra. It may well be that existing law takes precedence. If anyone (especially those living in Israel) have more information, please present it.

I would also suggest that "robbery or theft" is not entirely accurate. The question is more one where land is appropriated and compensated for but without consent of the owner of the land.

In some circumstances, this is considered ethical and appropriate - the owners are, after all, receiving compensation in full (and my understanding is that the compensation is exceedingly generous).

My take on the matter is that if land is being appropriated simply because the owner is not of the "right" ethnicity and someone of the "right" ethnicity wants to live there -- that is unethical.

Just regarding your second to last paragraph. I don't fully agree. In the US, we have Eminent Domain Laws- very controversial but also necessary. Sometimes it's necessary to be able to take land (and properly compensate the owner) for infrastructure projects or projects related to the greater good. Unfortunately it's also abused in that it has been invoked in order to gain land for private projects that can only loosely be justified for the community's good. When that occurs it IS theft. When you take from someone something against their will - it's still theft no matter how much you compensate them for. What it amounts to is whether there is a public good in there: roads, airports, hospitals - those can be justified. Housing for one ethnic group by dispossing another can't.

I think in some cases it's clearly theft and attempting to put it in terms of "appropriations" and "compensations" is using legal terminology to soften the reality.

Which is what the palestinians stole the land for in 1949, to take the developed land from the Jewish owners for their own use because they are too damn lazy to work at it.

But because it was arab muslims stealing the land from the Jews it does not matter in your eyes no matter how many times you write your platitudes on here that the same applies to all

We're talking about a particular specific case that has been through the courts. What is it with you guys that you have to drag in the kitchen sink rather than actually addressing the point in the OP?

You mean like team palestine does and gets a pat on the back for doing so ?

Coyote, et al,

I'm having a very hard time finding was law was actually passed (the text).

(QUESTION)

What is the actual impact and result of this new law?
Does anyone actually know what the intent is for this action?

Most Respectfully,
R

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

No, it wasn't passed yet - I think that's in the OP. They're attempting to try to pass it again thinking that with an anti-Palestinian administration in the US it might incur less criticism. That's my take on it. But I think, as Susha pointed out - it could well be challenged in the courts should they do it.

In my opinion - the intent is to legalize - within Israel proper - the status of these illegal outposts. The international community regards all settlements as illegal but Israel recognizes some as legal, and others as illegal under Israeli law and those are mainly the so-called "outposts". This would recognize all of them as legal within Israel's system. My opinion also (and this is more tenous) is there is an intent here to legitimize what in some of the cases IS theft and weaken the ability of those Palestinians to regain their property. That's my read on it anyway.

Last edited:
Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

No, it wasn't passed yet - I think that's in the OP. They're attempting to try to pass it again thinking that with an anti-Palestinian administration in the US it might incur less criticism. That's my take on it. But I think, as Susha pointed out - it could well be challenged in the courts should they do it.

In my opinion - the intent is to legalize - within Israel proper - the status of these illegal outposts. The international community regards all settlements as illegal but Israel recognizes some as legal, and others as illegal under Israeli law and those are mainly the so-called "outposts". This would recognize all of them as legal within Israel's system. My opinion also (and this is more tenous) is there is an intent here to legitimize what in some of the cases IS theft and weaken the ability of those Palestinians to regain their property. That's my read on it anyway.
You are wrong on all counts. First, this bill has nothing to do with an "antI Palestinian administration in the US," it is being pushed now to address a court order to demolish Amona by the end of the year.

Second, there is no private property involved in the sense the term would be used in the US or Europe. Britain and then Israel adopted Ottoman land laws which state land that is continuously cultivated by a village will be regarded as the property of the village as long as the cultivation continues, but if it stops being cultivated it becomes state land. The Israelis claim the land was not being cultivated at the time Amona was built and the Arabs from three nearby villages claim they were cultivating it at that time and were chased off the land by the Israelis. There is no hard evidence to support either side.

About ten years ago, the Court ordered the demolition of the community on the basis of an informal survey of Arab claims of land ownership ordered by the MoD soon after the second intifada, but after years of litigation, the Court decided this document was not a sufficient basis for a decision and ordered the police to investigate the issue. The police reported that they could find no hard evidence to support either side but that they found the Arab villagers more credible than the Israelis.

One might think that since no Arabs were displaced from their homes to build Amona and their only loss is the income from this land, about the size of a football field, a more just decision would have been to compensate the Arabs for the loss of income rather than evict 30 families from their homes to make room for a few goats to graze, but while the Israeli government had provided money and encouragement for the construction of the community, for political and diplomatic reasons it had never gotten around to authorizing it, Amona had no legal standing and the court ruled in favor of the goats. The bill seeks to authorize the community to give it legal standing before the court so that the Court will change its ruling and order fair compensation to the Arabs who claim to have cultivated the land for their loss of income rather than displace 30 families to make way for a few goats to graze there.

The PM and AG are opposed to the bill because they worry it may produce diplomatic difficulties for them and left wing politicians are screaming nonsense about land theft because Israelis who live in Judea and Samaria consistently vote for right wing parties.

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

You are wrong on all counts. First, this bill has nothing to do with an "antI Palestinian administration in the US," it is being pushed now to address a court order to demolish Amona by the end of the year.

Second, there is no private property involved in the sense the term would be used in the US or Europe. Britain and then Israel adopted Ottoman land laws which state land that is continuously cultivated by a village will be regarded as the property of the village as long as the cultivation continues, but if it stops being cultivated it becomes state land. The Israelis claim the land was not being cultivated at the time Amona was built and the Arabs from three nearby villages claim they were cultivating it at that time and were chased off the land by the Israelis. There is no hard evidence to support either side.

About ten years ago, the Court ordered the demolition of the community on the basis of an informal survey of Arab claims of land ownership ordered by the MoD soon after the second intifada, but after years of litigation, the Court decided this document was not a sufficient basis for a decision and ordered the police to investigate the issue. The police reported that they could find no hard evidence to support either side but that they found the Arab villagers more credible than the Israelis.

One might think that since no Arabs were displaced from their homes to build Amona and their only loss is the income from this land, about the size of a football field, a more just decision would have been to compensate the Arabs for the loss of income rather than evict 30 families from their homes to make room for a few goats to graze, but while the Israeli government had provided money and encouragement for the construction of the community, for political and diplomatic reasons it had never gotten around to authorizing it, Amona had no legal standing and the court ruled in favor of the goats. The bill seeks to authorize the community to give it legal standing before the court so that the Court will change its ruling and order fair compensation to the Arabs who claim to have cultivated the land for their loss of income rather than displace 30 families to make way for a few goats to graze there.

The PM and AG are opposed to the bill because they worry it may produce diplomatic difficulties for them and left wing politicians are screaming nonsense about land theft because Israelis who live in Judea and Samaria consistently vote for right wing parties.

Amona ruled in favor of goats?

I don't think so. It doesn't matter how they choose to use their land. It's up to them. Just because people decide to move in and illegally build does that make it right to then give them the land? Agreed that there is a lot more complexity regarding land ownership in Israel then mabye in any other country, but Israel also has a reputation for creating laws that legitimize the taking of Palestinian lands and making it extremely difficult for them to reclaim it. These absentee landowner laws, and other similar acts put up substantial roadblocks to Palestinians attempting reclaim property while the laws applying to Jews trying to reclaim property are far less restrictive. The courts are probably the most fair arbitor here - more so than politicians.

It really is about legalizing land theft which the rightwing parties seem to push.

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

I don't think so. It doesn't matter how they choose to use their land. It's up to them. Just because people decide to move in and illegally build does that make it right to then give them the land? Agreed that there is a lot more complexity regarding land ownership in Israel then mabye in any other country, but Israel also has a reputation for creating laws that legitimize the taking of Palestinian lands and making it extremely difficult for them to reclaim it. These absentee landowner laws, and other similar acts put up substantial roadblocks to Palestinians attempting reclaim property while the laws applying to Jews trying to reclaim property are far less restrictive. The courts are probably the most fair arbitor here - more so than politicians.

It really is about legalizing land theft which the rightwing parties seem to push.
In fact, it is not up to them how to use the land. Under Ottoman land laws which apply here, they must continuously farm it or it becomes state land. They can't sell it, they can't lease it, they can only farm it. The land in question here is only about the size of a football field, half of it rocky hillside only suitable for grazing goats.

It is simply not true that Israel passes "laws that legitimize the taking of Palestinian lands and making it extremely difficult for them to reclaim it." The Absentee Landowner laws were passed three generations ago, and they established an agency to process claims from externally displaced persons and was authorized to offer compensation to those who could offer proof of land ownership and access to Israel's courts if they found the offer insufficient. There were no takers, none of the agencies that claimed to be helping the displaced Arabs helped them to file claims because doing so would have involved recognizing the jurisdiction of the Israeli government and that would have probably have gotten them killed.

Since the Six Day War, the Civil Administration has only been allowed to seize privately owned land to build infrastructure of for the IDF. There were a few instances when the IDF seized land and then turned it over for civilian use, but the courts have since remedied these abuses and they no longer occur. It is well to remember that in the half century since the Six Day War, all of the Israeli communities in Judea and Samaria take up less than 2% of the land and the Israel plan for further development addresses only a total of 8% of the land. This hardly supports the notion of a rapacious Israeli desire for what you would call Palestinian land.

This can only reasonably be regarded as land theft if you regard all urban renewal projects in Europe and the US as land theft.

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

Wrong as it is up to local/national laws how the land is used. For example you cant use your back yard to produce illegal drugs, I cant park a works vehicle on the road if it has a name on the side. A friend of mine cant grow trees in his garden, another cant have a barbecue after 8:00 P.M. or before 2:00 P.M. The rule is the land must be under cultivation which means growing crops, not having goats wander all over it.

AS I KEEP SAYING WERE IS THE PROOF THAT THESE ARE PALESTINIAN LANDS as anyone can produce a post 1950 Jordanian land title as these were handed out like confetti

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

I haven't been able to find the actual text, but this article explains it the best:

The controversial bill to retroactively legalize outposts built on private Palestinian land, also known as the "Regulation Bill," would see the state expropriate the right to use private Palestinian land rather than take ownership of it. The law would only apply to settlements in which the government was involved in their establishment. This process will allow the settlers living there to use the argument of having acted in good faith. Palestinians who prove their ownership over such land will receive financial compensation.

... It doesn't matter how they choose to use their land. It's up to them. Just because people decide to move in and illegally build does that make it right to then give them the land? Agreed that there is a lot more complexity regarding land ownership in Israel then mabye in any other country, but Israel also has a reputation for creating laws that legitimize the taking of Palestinian lands and making it extremely difficult for them to reclaim it.

It is misleading to use the term "Palestinian lands" in this context. There is no such thing as "Palestinian land" in Area C.

There is land which is under the full control of Israel (civil and military), aka State land.

There is land which is privately owned, and whether it is owned by Jews or by Arabs, should be immaterial in all cases.

There is land which is miri land. Miri land is land which was formerly owned by the sovereign Ottoman Empire. It was "State land". It was never purchased and ownership of the land was not transferred. However, the sovereign permitted the residents to cultivate the land, and as long as it remained cultivated that land (rather the use of that land) could be passed from heir to heir. If there was no heir it reverted to the State. If it was not cultivated, it reverted to the State.

Its an archaic system in a modernized world where people less and less depend on cultivation for their livelihoods. What to do with miri land? The Israeli government, near as I can tell, is leaning toward having all that land revert back to State land, with compensation. The Israeli courts, near as I can tell, are leaning towards transferring ownership of that land to those who have been cultivating it.

Either way, to describe it as "stealing Palestinian land" is misleading.

You are Talking about the 400 Tents I presume................compared to 100's of thousands of Illegal Zionist,houses made of concrete.on occupied Palestinian Land...Tossa

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

I haven't been able to find the actual text, but this article explains it the best:

The controversial bill to retroactively legalize outposts built on private Palestinian land, also known as the "Regulation Bill," would see the state expropriate the right to use private Palestinian land rather than take ownership of it. The law would only apply to settlements in which the government was involved in their establishment. This process will allow the settlers living there to use the argument of having acted in good faith. Palestinians who prove their ownership over such land will receive financial compensation.
EXPROPRIATE LAND = STOLEN Palestinian Land you mean.....goodness you are a fool

You are Talking about the 400 Tents I presume................compared to 100's of thousands of Illegal Zionist,houses made of concrete.on occupied Palestinian Land...Tossa

Still waiting for you to prove they are illegal, something your hate sites dont publish because they dont have the evidence

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

They had to own it for it to be theirs, and the Ottoman land registry shows they didnt own the land.

SO NOW WHO IS THE FOOL WHO IGNORES INTERNATIONAL LAWS AND TREATIES AT HIS PERIL

theliq, et al,

Yes --- I am wondering if this is blown out of proportion.

Coyote, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

(QUESTION)

• Did the "sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people" agree that:

√ The construction and maintenance of the infrastructure remains in Israel’s hands?
√ Civil matters remained under Israeli control in "Area C" and are the responsibility of the Civil Administration.
√ That Israel retained security control of the "Area "C"?

• Is it true that this agreement was witnessed, not only by the US, but also by the representatives of the Russian Federation, the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the Kingdom of Norway, and the Representative of the European Union?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• With the exception of a section of Jerusalem, and some small portion of Palestinian Farms along the Israeli Security Barrier.

√ Did Israel "expropriate" (take possession of) any lands outside Area "C"?
√ Did Israel take any public use lands through an eminent domain process?
√ Did Israel thus the title of the private owner for other than:

• Outside that which was an imperative military necessities of conflict?
• Locations used to provide direct support for Jihadism, Deadly Fedayeen Action, Hostile Insurgency Operations, Radicalized Islamic Behaviors, and Asymmetric Violence?
• Facilities used to support Fanatical or Radical Islamic Resistance Movement efforts --- by segments and factions of the Palestinian population to resist the legally established government or an occupying power and to disrupt civil order and stability?

As a general rule, most claims of thefts and destruction of private are based on it was not accomplished pursuant to some legal objective in accordance with the exceptions under Rules 50 and 51 of the Custonary IHL:

• The achievement of a definable military advantage,
• The application of a critical security requirement,
• An effort against a demonstrated threat.​

Most Respectfully,
R

• Did the "sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people" agree that:

√ The construction and maintenance of the infrastructure remains in Israel’s hands?
√ Civil matters remained under Israeli control in "Area C" and are the responsibility of the Civil Administration.
√ That Israel retained security control of the "Area "C"?
Indeed, there is an item on the table that is hardly a minor detail: The Palestinian Liberation Organization did not ratify the Oslo Accords after Arafat and Abbas signed the agreement on the White House lawn.

Dromi, an appointee of Prime Minister Rabin, made it clear that from the point of view of the Israeli government, this meant that Arafat signed the accord on his own, without the sanction of the PLO.

Demand the PLO Ratify the Oslo Accords

Forum List

Back