Senators Demand Declassification Of Four Key Footnotes In IG Report On FISA Abuses

The Horowitz IG Reoprt isn't as thorough or as wide-ranging as the Barr and Durham investigations.
I'm still optimistic that Durham will start indicting the deep state conspirators before summer, just in time for the 2020 elections.

So what? Why is Barr covering up the FISA abuses?

I have no proof either way. Who is chasing down the criminality, Barr or Durham?
I heard that Huber was a waste of time, and that he did no work at all.
Do you have a link that Barr is covering up FISA abuses? All I found are these:

William Barr’s Partisan Smears Hide a Real FBI Scandal
FBI email chain may provide most damning evidence of FISA abuses yet

Lawyers and bureaucrats bring criticism onto themselves with their snails pace of working. These people would go crazy if they were working directly for Trump and he started giving them the rush. And I'm not buying the "these things take time" BS they use. In reality, they're just lazy with piss poor work ethics.

The Horowitz IG Reoprt isn't as thorough or as wide-ranging as the Barr and Durham investigations.
I'm still optimistic that Durham will start indicting the deep state conspirators before summer, just in time for the 2020 elections.
It would be amazing if Trump started his second term with a majority in the house and a jail full of deep staters. That's probably asking for too much

The 2020 elections will see the same strategy they always use...”I’m not like those Democrats in DC. I’m just a regular guy. Vote the man not the party”.
It works.

So what? Why is Barr covering up the FISA abuses?

I have no proof either way. Who is chasing down the criminality, Barr or Durham?
I heard that Huber was a waste of time, and that he did no work at all.
Do you have a link that Barr is covering up FISA abuses? All I found are these:

William Barr’s Partisan Smears Hide a Real FBI Scandal
FBI email chain may provide most damning evidence of FISA abuses yet

It looks like Barr was covering up a clear anti Trump bias in the FISA process and the conclusion that there were 17 "mistakes" is a fucking lie.

The Durham report will also conclude that "mistakes were made", "some people did something" and finally "a little Fascism never hurt anyone"

James Q Comey is laughing his ass off

Johnson, Grassley Call for AG Barr to Declassify Four Significant Footnotes in DOJ OIG Report About Crossfire Hurricane Investigation | Chuck Grassley

The Honorable William P. Barr
Attorney General
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20530

Dear Attorney General Barr:

The Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the Committee on Finance are continuing oversight of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and its Crossfire Hurricane investigation. We have reviewed the findings of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) with regard to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation,[1] and we are deeply concerned about certain information that remains classified. Specifically, we are concerned that certain sections of the public version of the report are misleading because they are contradicted by relevant and probative classified information redacted in four footnotes. This classified information is significant not only because it contradicts key statements in a section of the report, but also because it provides insight essential for an accurate evaluation of the entire investigation. The American people have a right to know what is contained within these four footnotes and, without that knowledge, they will not have a full picture as to what happened during the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

Consequently, we are writing to respectfully request that you, pursuant to the original classification authority delegated to you by the President over matters related to this investigation, fully declassify the four footnotes to ensure that this information is made available to the American people. Today, under separate cover, we are also sending you a classified letter that identifies these four footnotes and describes the importance of this information to a complete understanding of the OIG report and the underlying Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

Should you have any questions, please contact Joseph Folio of Chairman Johnson’s staff at (202) 224-4751 and Joshua Flynn-Brown of Chairman Grassley’s staff at (202) 224-4515.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
Chairman
Senate Committee on Homeland Security
and Governmental Affairs

Charles E. Grassley
Chairman
Senate Finance Committee

It would be amazing if Trump started his second term with a majority in the house and a jail full of deep staters. That's probably asking for too much

Agree it's tantalizing wondering who Durham and Barr can nail for misusing the intel agencies to illegally spy on Trump and Carter Page. Comey? Strzok? Priestap? McCabe, the Ohrs, Lynch, Rice, etc.
FBI lawyer under criminal investigation for altering document related to Carter Page surveillance

If none of those people are indicted, will you admit that this conspiracy was untrue?
trump was never indicted for RUSSIA.
kavanaugh was never indicted for RAPE

are you willing to admit these are untrue also?

Basically yes. Although Trump couldn’t be indicted and I think there was a solid case for obstruction. Trump did not, in any meaningful way, coordinate with Russians with regard to their influence in the election. Kavanaugh, I could care less.

Obstruction consisting of asking for a judicial opinion?

Agree it's tantalizing wondering who Durham and Barr can nail for misusing the intel agencies to illegally spy on Trump and Carter Page. Comey? Strzok? Priestap? McCabe, the Ohrs, Lynch, Rice, etc.
FBI lawyer under criminal investigation for altering document related to Carter Page surveillance

If none of those people are indicted, will you admit that this conspiracy was untrue?

No indictments doesn't mean no conspiracy. It means that there is insufficient evidence to indict.
For example, there was adequate justification to launch Operation Crossfire Hurricane, a very low bar, but then it went off the rails. Did the Popadope conversation in a London bar with an Aussie justify any surveillance? Were the FISA warrants against Carter Page based on falsified evidence illegal? Was the Obama admin's unmasking of citizens in NSA data searches illegal?
However, that said, if Barr and Durham come up empty, that's life, file Crossfire Hurricane with UraniumOne.

If something is thoroughly investigated and comes up with nothing, there’s little room to claim it’s still true. Especially if it’s recent events. No one could claim 30 year old rape allegations could be thoroughly investigated at this point, but you’re claiming a wide ranging conspiracy and I don’t expect that could be possible to completely cover up. Even though Durham has more authority, the conspiracy claimed by the right would have been apparent in Horowitz’s report.

This tactic wasnt invented for Kavanaugh. It was added to the leftist playbook to destroy Clarence Thomas. Same moans and whines of "she must be heard" and "evidence doesn't matter". The same impossibility of defending 30 year old hearsay accusations. The same media drumbeat. The same attempt to simply throw sand in the gears and gain political advantage from a losing situation no matter the damage to the integrity of the process.

Eventually they reaped what they sowed. We elected a President who doesnt give a damn what they say at all.

Its being

No indictments doesn't mean no conspiracy. It means that there is insufficient evidence to indict.
For example, there was adequate justification to launch Operation Crossfire Hurricane, a very low bar, but then it went off the rails. Did the Popadope conversation in a London bar with an Aussie justify any surveillance? Were the FISA warrants against Carter Page based on falsified evidence illegal? Was the Obama admin's unmasking of citizens in NSA data searches illegal?
However, that said, if Barr and Durham come up empty, that's life, file Crossfire Hurricane with UraniumOne.

If something is thoroughly investigated and comes up with nothing, there’s little room to claim it’s still true. Especially if it’s recent events. No one could claim 30 year old rape allegations could be thoroughly investigated at this point, but you’re claiming a wide ranging conspiracy and I don’t expect that could be possible to completely cover up. Even though Durham has more authority, the conspiracy claimed by the right would have been apparent in Horowitz’s report.

This tactic wasnt invented for Kavanaugh. It was added to the leftist playbook to destroy Clarence Thomas. Same moans and whines of "she must be heard" and "evidence doesn't matter". The same impossibility of defending 30 year old hearsay accusations. The same media drumbeat. The same attempt to simply throw sand in the gears and gain political advantage from a losing situation no matter the damage to the integrity of the process.

Eventually they reaped what they sowed. We elected a President who doesnt give a damn what they say at all.

Its being

Clarence Thomas wasn’t defending himself from hearsay accusations but that’s beyond the point.

Do you think that’s the first time it’s ever happened? With Clarence Thomas?

Its being

Clarence Thomas wasn’t defending himself from hearsay accusations but that’s beyond the point.

Read what I wrote.

Its being

Read what I wrote.
Yeah. It’s pretty ignorant of history.

Forum List

Back