Senate Passes Bill Making Daylight Savings Time Permanent

Neo-nazi Rubio is not educated on the matter. The first molestation is the (physical [italics]) violence done to the organism's circadian rhythm, a rhythm linked to Nature. State Agent Rubio is not your friend.

Long overdue. Sunshine MUST be protected!

Thank God our leaders learned how to create more daylight!

Glad our leaders finally got their priorities straight! 😄

Now we'll find out if our glorious president has the balls to stand up to the nazis who oppose protecting sunshine!

WASHINGTON ― In a surprise move on Tuesday, the Senate passed legislation making daylight saving time, which began this week, permanent for the entire United States.

The bill, titled the “Sunshine Protection Act,” was co-sponsored by Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.). It passed unanimously.

Rubio cited increased heart attacks and car accidents during standard time as reasons the country should do away with clock-switching, in addition to people enjoying more sunlight at the end of the day for things like sports.

Pardon the pun, but this is an idea whose time has come,” Rubio said Tuesday as he asked the Senate to pass the bill.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), who was presiding over the chamber at the time, whispered, “Yes,” and pumped her fists after no senator objected. Arizona does not observe daylight saving time.

Personally, its about fucking time. The House has to pass it.
I fail to understand the urgency.Why couldn't it wait till Fall.
Or maybe on All Saints Day { Halloween }.

Some of us have a sense of humor
Um ... Is humor a sense.Like The 5 senses { Eyes,Ears,Nose,Tongue and Skin }
So if one has Skin in the game they are making funny.
Being Comic.
" I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places; he said
stop going to those places. "

WASHINGTON ― In a surprise move on Tuesday, the Senate passed legislation making daylight saving time, which began this week, permanent for the entire United States.

The bill, titled the “Sunshine Protection Act,” was co-sponsored by Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.). It passed unanimously.

Rubio cited increased heart attacks and car accidents during standard time as reasons the country should do away with clock-switching, in addition to people enjoying more sunlight at the end of the day for things like sports.

Pardon the pun, but this is an idea whose time has come,” Rubio said Tuesday as he asked the Senate to pass the bill.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), who was presiding over the chamber at the time, whispered, “Yes,” and pumped her fists after no senator objected. Arizona does not observe daylight saving time.

The only drawback I see is school children will be walking to school in the dark. If it is changed and If the rise in the number of children deaths due to car accident occurs we will know why.

The only drawback I see is school children will be walking to school in the dark. If it is changed and If the rise in the number of children deaths due to car accident occurs we will know why.
There is no draw back--the kids walk home from school in the dark under the current system. Schools let out between 3 and 4 here and on Dec. 20 in this area, it is dark by 4 o'clock. Six of one--half a dozen of the other. It is better for everyone's health to not change the clocks.

Some interesting maps;

Where Mornings Would Get Darker Under Permanent Daylight Savings Time​

Most Americans support eliminating the twice-annual changing of the clocks. But maps show how the daylight saving bill passed by the Senate would affect some cities more than others.

Forum List

Back