Senate Dems, Led by Feinstein, Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and a long list of her Democratic colleagues introduced the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017 on Wednesday.

The bill would ban "the sale, transfer, manufacture, and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines," according to a press release from Feinstein's office.

"We're introducing an updated Assault Weapons Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote," Feinstein said in a statement.

Feinstein, ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, conceded that "this bill won't stop every mass shooting," but said "it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets."

The bill states that "owners may keep existing weapons and magazines" but bans the sale of "205 military-style assault weapons by name," the press release noted.

Senate Dems, Led by Feinstein, Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

Time for the movie folks.

More phony boloney by the Democrat showmen. Uh, Senator, didn't we have an assault weapons ban in the past that produced no results? Where in the US Constitution does it say all bills originate in the Senate?

Trying to get an assault weapons ban in place with a Republican Congress and Senate is like the Republicans trying to increase abortion regulations with a Dem House and Senate. Clearly this is nothing more than a dog and pony show pandering to their constituents and getting nothing done at the same time.

Aren't all these things addressed in previous laws?

Of course, but they never renewed the law because it didn't accomplish anything. That doesn't matter though. Kind of like when DumBama was pressing for an Equal Pay law even though it was already passed in the early 60's. Just a dog and pony show.

Ya, good luck there homies. If the Dems couldn't pass any anti-gun legislation the whole 8 years of Obama, what the hell makes them think they could do it now?

:lmao:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and a long list of her Democratic colleagues introduced the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017 on Wednesday.
Apparently these silly people were upset by a few rare electoral wins in blue states Virginia and New Jersey.

And they are trying to reinstate their long trend of losing, by introducing bills that haven't a prayer.

Typical knee-jerk reaction from the demoquacks.

Very true, and we all predicted it as well.

"I know liberals like I know every square inch of my glorious naked body."
Rush Limbaugh

There are over 5 million of them owned by American citizens...5 million already out there. It's like trying to shut the barn door after the horse ran out

Ya, good luck there homies. If the Dems couldn't pass any anti-gun legislation the whole 8 years of Obama, what the hell makes them think they could do it now?

:lmao:

They know they can't. Just wasting a lot of time when there are more important issues to address.

And, gun sales are about to skyrocket again. :lol:

I swear to Allah and Crom, Diane Frankenstein is fucking GOLD for the firearms industry. They should pay her to keep up this bullshit.

About time

Now, let's get Republicans to vote against it

Typical knee-jerk reaction from the demoquacks.

Very true, and we all predicted it as well.

"I know liberals like I know every square inch of my glorious naked body."
Rush Limbaugh

There are over 5 million of them owned by American citizens...5 million already out there. It's like trying to shut the barn door after the horse ran out

Confiscation would draw too much attention I suppose. Didn't the neighbor that shot the mass murderer in Texas use one of those weapons she speaks of here?

Forum List

Back