Senate Democrats need to break the Republican's record for...

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
:up: most filibusters in, this case, two years. The Republican Senate Minority set an all-time record for filibusters. Turn around is fair play :)

Gridlock in Congress Blame the GOP - CNN.com
But the number of filibusters by Republicans has escalated, and they have been far more willing to use the tactic than their opponents. Since 2007, the Senate Historical Office has shown, Democrats have had to end Republican filibusters more than 360 times, a historic record.

Finally, there has been a much sharper shift to the right within the Republican Party than there has been to the left in the Democratic Party. Here, too, the data is rather clear.

Democrats have their work cut-out for them if they want to beat the republican's record of saying "I object!!!" :eusa_snooty:

senate-filibuster.jpg

:up: most filibusters in, this case, two years. The Republican Senate Minority set an all-time record for filibusters. Turn around is fair play :)

Gridlock in Congress Blame the GOP - CNN.com
But the number of filibusters by Republicans has escalated, and they have been far more willing to use the tactic than their opponents. Since 2007, the Senate Historical Office has shown, Democrats have had to end Republican filibusters more than 360 times, a historic record.

Finally, there has been a much sharper shift to the right within the Republican Party than there has been to the left in the Democratic Party. Here, too, the data is rather clear.

Democrats have their work cut-out for them if they want to beat the republican's record of saying "I object!!!" :eusa_snooty:

senate-filibuster.jpg
Democrats only had a few things going for them. They claimed the GOP was racists and obstructionists, and you want the Democrats to show everyone that they are the real obstructionists.
Good plan.

:oops-28:

As a Conservative, I think it's a wonderful plan! Democrats just had their proverbial clocks cleaned by an electorate who is fed up with Obama's policies. If Democrats now want to double down and become recalcitrant, that is fine with me. Write your Congressman, I'll join you! Tell them you want the Democrats to block and obstruct what the electorate clearly voted for on Tuesday!

And every single time Democrats filibuster, we need a Conservative on every network news show, explaining in simple terms what is happening. Hey voters, the Democrats simply don't want to listen to you! They don't care what you voted for! They want to cram their agenda down your throat anyway!

YES... By all means, please implement this plan! We will crush you again in 2016!

man, they think the majority of us would be unhappy with GRIDLOCK

if those asses aren't passing garbage bills on US the happier a lot of us are

Can you people wipe your own butts withOUT having government telling you which way to wipe?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back