Sen Warren attacked by status quo/pro wall st Democrats

Funny, I would have titled this thread something like "Asshole politician attempts to infringe on rights of little people." I guess that is an indication of the difference between a liberal and a progressive, one sides with individuals, the other sides with the asshole politicians.

Funny, I would have titled this thread something like "Asshole politician attempts to infringe on rights of little people." I guess that is an indication of the difference between a liberal and a progressive, one sides with individuals, the other sides with the asshole politicians.
How are you defining (58 million) little people?

"'If we made no changes at all to Social Security,' Warren said, 'it would continue to make payments at the current level for about 20 years,' meaning there is no immediate crisis facing the program, which assists some 58 million Americans. 'Modest adjustments," she added, "will make certain… we could increase benefits for those who need it most.' [...]

"In the interview, Warren emphasized that Third Way, as well as many in Congress and the media, are framing the debate over Social Security in the wrong way. 'We should stop having a conversation about cutting Social Security a little bit or a lot,' she said."

Do you think Elizabeth's view on Social Security represent an infringement of (58,000,000) individual or (Wall Street) corporate rights?

Daily Kos: Elizabeth Warren still firing back against Wall Street*Democrats

don't attack the source (deflect from the OP) Toro, only the argument :eusa_naughty:

You praised him for being outside "the left/right paradigm."

An anti-Semite twoofer usually is.

:clap:
From February 2012

"Warren’s statement on Israel consumes far more space than any other foreign policy issue on the page (she makes no mention of China, Latin America, or Africa).

"To justify what she calls the 'unbreakable bond' between the US and Israel, Warren repeats the thoughtless cant about 'a natural partnership resting on our mutual commitment to democracy and freedom and on our shared values.'

"She then declares that the United States must reject any Palestinian plans to pursue statehood outside of negotiations with Israel. While the US can preach to the Palestinians about how and when to demand the end of their 45-year-long military occupation, Warren says the US 'cannot dictate the terms' to Israel.

"Warren goes on to describe Iran as “a significant threat to the United States,” echoing a key talking point of fear-mongering pro-war forces.

"She calls for 'strong sanctions' and declares that the “United States must take the necessary steps to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon” — a veiled endorsement of a military strike if Iran crosses the constantly shifting American 'red lines.'

"Perhaps the only option Warren does not endorse or implicitly support is diplomacy. Her foreign policy views are hardly distinguishable from those of her Republican rival, who also marches in lockstep with AIPAC."

Surprise-- courageous Elizabeth Warren is craven on Israel lobby

Possibly Elizabeth's thoughts on Iran have changed in the last six months.
Israel is an authentic "third rail" for almost all elected Republicans AND Democrats.

Leave it up to George. The subject could be why is the sky blue and George will find a way to bring the Jews into it.

From February 2012

"Warren’s statement on Israel consumes far more space than any other foreign policy issue on the page (she makes no mention of China, Latin America, or Africa).

"To justify what she calls the 'unbreakable bond' between the US and Israel, Warren repeats the thoughtless cant about 'a natural partnership resting on our mutual commitment to democracy and freedom and on our shared values.'

"She then declares that the United States must reject any Palestinian plans to pursue statehood outside of negotiations with Israel. While the US can preach to the Palestinians about how and when to demand the end of their 45-year-long military occupation, Warren says the US 'cannot dictate the terms' to Israel.

"Warren goes on to describe Iran as “a significant threat to the United States,” echoing a key talking point of fear-mongering pro-war forces.

"She calls for 'strong sanctions' and declares that the “United States must take the necessary steps to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon” — a veiled endorsement of a military strike if Iran crosses the constantly shifting American 'red lines.'

"Perhaps the only option Warren does not endorse or implicitly support is diplomacy. Her foreign policy views are hardly distinguishable from those of her Republican rival, who also marches in lockstep with AIPAC."

Israel is an authentic "third rail" for almost all elected Republicans AND Democrats.

Leave it up to George. The subject could be why is the sky blue and George will find a way to bring the Jews into it.
"Yes, now tell me what this is about?

From February 2012

"Yes, now tell me what this is about?

Tell me about your obsession with Jews. Were you bitch slapped by a Jewish girl in 6th grade?

"'If we made no changes at all to Social Security,' Warren said, 'it would continue to make payments at the current level for about 20 years,' meaning there is no immediate crisis facing the program, which assists some 58 million Americans. 'Modest adjustments," she added, "will make certain… we could increase benefits for those who need it most.' [...]

"In the interview, Warren emphasized that Third Way, as well as many in Congress and the media, are framing the debate over Social Security in the wrong way. 'We should stop having a conversation about cutting Social Security a little bit or a lot,' she said."

Do you think Elizabeth's view on Social Security represent an infringement of (58,000,000) individual or (Wall Street) corporate rights?

What the fuck are you babbling about now? Frankly, I don't pay enough attention to Fauxcahontas to know what her views on Social Security are.

good point
Tell me about your obsession with Jews. Were you bitch slapped by a Jewish girl in 6th grade?

Heres a better idea: Why don't you stick to the OP or find another thread to hurl ad hominems in deflection boi :thup:

good point

Heres a better idea: Why don't you stick to the OP or find another thread to hurl ad hominems in deflection boi :thup:
USMB cons are always a little nervous about 6th grade Jewish girls and their delusions of manhood. I suspect a woman of Elizabeth Warren's character who stands up to Wall Street's Masters of Mankind poses a sort of primal threat to their "Heroes."

"Warren's increasing clout with actual Democrats stands her well in this conflict. That's largely because she's actually helping them get elected.

"At the same time, she's actually building working relationships with Republicans.

"Bloomberg cites projects she's taken on with both Sens. John McCain and Marco Rubio.

"Third Way and the Wall Street Democrats seem to have underestimated the seriousness and the clout of Warren as a policy-maker."

I'm getting the popcorn, there is a civil war a brewing in the Democrat party

should start getting good the closer to elections...way to go Dear Leader and OfailScam

Last edited:

should start getting good the closer to elections...way to go Dear Leader and OfailScam

Well, if there were a civil war in the dem party, it would take years to match the one now going on between the tea party repubs and the mainstream repubs. I think you are just exhibiting wishful thinking.

only a Populist can get elected to high office w/o being a water-carrier for Big Biz. Hope she sticks to her guns.

Sen Warren attacked by status quo/pro wall st Democrats

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6RjP7MlXk]Paul Revere & The Raiders - Indian Reservation (Cherokee People) - YouTube[/ame]

Well, if there were a civil war in the dem party, it would take years to match the one now going on between the tea party repubs and the mainstream repubs. I think you are just exhibiting wishful thinking.

You're probably right. They have thrown out anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with them. I think Joe Lieberman was the last of them..Now they all goosestep in unison saying, All Hail the Party over country

What are you full of, "Toro?"

What were the Jews role in 9/11?

I also didn't get the memo. :lol:
Maybe you're not in the loop?

Rosengren Says Fed May Keep Interest Rate Near Zero Until 2016 - Bloomberg

"The Federal Reserve will probably keep its main interest rate 'quite low for quite some time,' possibly until 2016, amid languid economic growth, Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren said.

“'You could easily imagine if we have relatively slow growth in the overall economy, even though it picks up from where we are now, that it could be 2016,' Rosengren, who votes on monetary policy this year, said today on CNBC television. 'You’d certainly need to have growth 3 percent or faster if you’d want to see short-term rates rising at that point.'”

Elizabeth Warren, in her first piece of stand alone legislation, has called for all new Federal Direct Stafford Loans to carry the same 0.75% interest rate as the Fed offers to the nations biggest banks.

'Think Larry Summers got that memo?

don't attack the source (deflect from the OP) Toro, only the argument :eusa_naughty:

From February 2012

She, like the Jews, probably knew of 9/11 in advance.

From February 2012

She, like the Jews, probably knew of 9/11 in advance.
What did you know, and when did you know it?

"Elizabeth Warren is a Harvard law professor specializing in contract, bankruptcy, and commercial law.

"She is also chair of the Congressional oversight committee for the so-called 'bailout.'

"In the following 6-minute interview, Warren sharply criticizes the political 'leadership' of both parties for allowing the big banks to gamble and profit, then be bailed-out when their gambling crashes.

"She states that the banks were given our money while we were left on our own. She sites the most recent economic data of unemployment officially reported at over 10%, with the more realistic closer to twice that amount (and here).

"As an economics teacher, I respectfully inform you that this is not capitalism. We have another name for corporate and political partnership for mutual benefit at public taxpayer expense: fascism.

"While I'm being academically accurate with the label of fascism (look it up), if that's too harsh for you, a great sound-byte repeated in the interview for this system is 'privatized gains and socialized losses.'”

What would you call those who make private gain from social losses like 911?

Bailout overseer Elizabeth Warren: banks recklessly gamble knowing US taxpayers will pay losses | 911Blogger.com

Forum List

Back