Sen. Cruz: 'El Chapo' Has $14B Which Could Fund Mexico Wall

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Sen. Cruz: 'El Chapo' Has $14B Which Could Fund Mexico Wall

I
nfamous drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has a fortune of roughly $14 billion, and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, thinks that will go a long way toward building the wall at the Mexican border "even in the face of Democratic obstruction."

"Yesterday I filed the El Chapo Act, that provides that if El Chapo is convicted, you know, the famed Mexican drug lord, the estimates are that his criminal fortune is roughly worth about $14 billion," the one-time presidential candidate told Fox News' "Fox & Friends."

"Coincidentally, the estimates for the cost to build a wall range from $14-20 billion," he continued. "My legislation provides that if those assets are forfeited, those assets from El Chapo will go directly to building a wall and to securing the border."

Guzman led the drug cartels, Cruz said, which are the ones crossing the border to smuggle narcotics, engage in human trafficking, and are engaging in murder and extortion, and seizing his wealth to

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/El-Chapo-billions-border-wall/2017/04/26/id/786503/build a wall would bring a "sense of justice."

You know, if they actually could manage to seize the money that was El Chapo's, and use it for funding the wall that way, I'd be cool with it.

If it's El Chapo's money, then Mexico will kinda be paying for it, or at least, a Mexican citizen will.

You know, if they actually could manage to seize the money that was El Chapo's, and use it for funding the wall that way, I'd be cool with it.

If it's El Chapo's money, then Mexico will kinda be paying for it, or at least, a Mexican citizen will.
That's exactly how I feel. Who arrested and sentenced him, the US or Mexico?

You would still need Congressional Authorization to spend the money. Mulvaney said that even if Mexico sent a check for the wall, the money would go to the Treasury not to building a wall. Ted Cruz is a boot licking Trump toady who deserves no respect.

Mexico arrested him, and the US requested he be extradited to this country so that he could stand trial. He's already been found guilty on all 10 counts, and he's expected to be sentenced next month. But, we already know that he's going away for life, because on count 1 of the 10 counts he was found guilty of, it carries a mandatory life minimum.

So, I guess you could say that he was tried and sentenced by the US. Does that mean that the US gets to seize his assets, or does it have to be split with Mexico, as they were the ones that had him in prison first, and arrested him.

You would still need Congressional Authorization to spend the money. Mulvaney said that even if Mexico sent a check for the wall, the money would go to the Treasury not to building a wall. Ted Cruz is a boot licking Trump toady who deserves no respect.
I believe that if that money went to the US and the house refused to give it to the wall, the Democrats would never see another successful election night again.

Mexico arrested him, and the US requested he be extradited to this country so that he could stand trial. He's already been found guilty on all 10 counts, and he's expected to be sentenced next month. But, we already know that he's going away for life, because on count 1 of the 10 counts he was found guilty of, it carries a mandatory life minimum.

So, I guess you could say that he was tried and sentenced by the US. Does that mean that the US gets to seize his assets, or does it have to be split with Mexico, as they were the ones that had him in prison first, and arrested him.
Thank you for that excellent post.You could have been rude about my lack of knowledge on the topic. I did my investigation after the post.

But you bring up a good point. Perhaps there will be a split. If that is the case, I see no reason for Mexico to receive foreign aid from us. That sum could go to the wall for the next several years.

Thank you for that excellent post.You could have been rude about my lack of knowledge on the topic. I did my investigation after the post.

But you bring up a good point. Perhaps there will be a split. If that is the case, I see no reason for Mexico to receive foreign aid from us. That sum could go to the wall for the next several years.

I saw no reason to be rude. You asked a cogent question that deserved an informed answer. I happened to have the answer to your question, so I provided it.

A quote I learned a long time ago in the Navy............"Ignorance is when you never had the chance to learn. Stupidity is when you had the chance, but didn't bother. It's quite okay to be ignorant, just don't be stupid."

I don't see any reason to get rude if the other person isn't being rude.

I saw no reason to be rude. You asked a cogent question that deserved an informed answer. I happened to have the answer to your question, so I provided it.

A quote I learned a long time ago in the Navy............"Ignorance is when you never had the chance to learn. Stupidity is when you had the chance, but didn't bother. It's quite okay to be ignorant, just don't be stupid."

I don't see any reason to get rude if the other person isn't being rude.
Another excellent post. A lesson for many if they choose. Thank you very much.

Thank you for rushing out in such a hurry to defame Senator Cruz - because we all desperately needed and wanted to know that gutter scum like you presumed to look down on one of your betters - that you didn't bother to read the article or find out what you were talking about. It saves a lot of time when you just broadcast your ignorance right off the bat.

Isn't passing legislation be kinda like "Congressional authorization"? Hmmmm. So, since Ted Cruz proposed a bill, I guess that makes your objection a giant waste of time and an exercise in fail and utterly humiliating yourself publicly, doesn't it?

I'll let you get back to hating yourself and your entire existence now. TTFN!

And you are an enemy of America.

Thank you for rushing out in such a hurry to defame Senator Cruz - because we all desperately needed and wanted to know that gutter scum like you presumed to look down on one of your betters - that you didn't bother to read the article or find out what you were talking about. It saves a lot of time when you just broadcast your ignorance right off the bat.

Isn't passing legislation be kinda like "Congressional authorization"? Hmmmm. So, since Ted Cruz proposed a bill, I guess that makes your objection a giant waste of time and an exercise in fail and utterly humiliating yourself publicly, doesn't it?

You will be glad to know that the Crossfield Memo gives us the okay to assume that posters who POST like enemies of America should be treated as enemies of America.

No need to extend them the courtesy reserved for our fellow Americans.

If they hate America they are no different than a jihadist online.

And we will be allowed to call them names and insult them, (of course, subject to forum rules).

We don't have to pretend they are worthy of our courtesy.

You will be glad to know that the Crossfield Memo gives us the okay to assume that posters who POST like enemies of America should be treated as enemies of America.

No need to extend them the courtesy reserved for our fellow Americans.

If they hate America they are no different than a jihadist online.

And we will be allowed to call them names and insult them, (of course, subject to forum rules).

We don't have to pretend they are worthy of our courtesy.

I don't require a memo. My natural allergy to stupid works just fine for me.

Cecile, go look at post 7. i think it has your name on it.

Forum List

Back