Trump could have and should have built the wall and forced Mexico to pay for it. Prove me wrong.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Building the wall was well within Trump's powers as president. It could have easily be paid for through Defense Department funding, as defending our border against hostile invaders is the epitome of defense spending.

Mexico could have been required to pay for it by any one or a combination of three processes.

1) Reduce foreign aid to Mexico by an amount per year that would allow the U.S. to be reimbursed for the cost of the wall over a set number of years, five years, ten years, etc.

2) Tax on remittances. The money sent from Mexican workers in the U.S. to families back in Mexico totaled $30 billion in 2017, Trump's first year in office.

3) Negotiate with Mexico for a payment plan in exchange for not doing 1) or 2).

Building the wall was well within Trump's powers as president. It could have easily be paid for through Defense Department funding, as defending our border against hostile invaders is the epitome of defense spending.

Mexico could have been required to pay for it by any one or a combination of three processes.

1) Reduce foreign aid to Mexico by an amount per year that would allow the U.S. to be reimbursed for the cost of the wall over a set number of years, five years, ten years, etc.

2) Tax on remittances. The money sent from Mexican workers in the U.S. to families back in Mexico totaled $30 billion in 2017, Trump's first year in office.

3) Negotiate with Mexico for a payment plan in exchange for not doing 1) or 2).
No doubt about it...your blob failed miserably.

Your thread is a testament to why he failed.

It would be wiser to build that Wall along Mexico border to Central America instead.
I think both would be great. We should be taxing remittances to Central America to help Mexico pay for their own southern border wall. Maybe a tax on Canadians who come to the U.S. for our far superior health care since slowing the flow of poverty from the south to the north will help their economy also.

I think both would be great. We should be taxing remittances to Central America to help Mexico pay for their own southern border wall. Maybe a tax on Canadians who come to the U.S. for our far superior health care since slowing the flow of poverty from the south to the north will help their economy also.
Mexico's issue is they allow Central Americans to travel through their ( Mexico ) country to flood the U.S. border.

Mexico's issue is they allow Central Americans to travel through their ( Mexico ) country to flood the U.S. border.
Gee, I wonder why Mexico has so much trouble with drug cartels? If there were only a way to figure that out........................................

Forum List

Back