Sen. Collins says no to ACB- political result?

You either have principles or you don't. She is going to lose anyway so why didn't she just do the right thing?

I think the right thing is making sure we keep the senate. You would throw away the senate over a single vote. Not smart
While that is the smart "Political" play, it is that kind of thinking that keeps us with very substandard people in office.

Explain that
It is 'group' think. The kind of thought that goes, "If we want to keep the conservative agenda going, we need to ensure the GOP remains in power." Never once stopping to realize that the GOP is not conservative and that when we compromise values for the 'group' we get the government we deserve.

Or have you never noticed that in each election cycle for the past 40 years, every two years like clockwork, we are told, "This is the most important election ever! If you don't vote for us, America is going to burn....BURN!"

Then, not six months later, the people who said they were going to stop the evil, show how little backbone they really have.

She’s been in the senate for 24 years. She should have been term limited to two terms. Time to go old lady.

I know
I know

Replace her with some homeless person who isn't beholding to any party
Because - well because homeless people make good choices.
I know...I know...you only vote for the party. Nothing else matters. Sadly, you aren’t smart to recognize your ignorance.

Show her sorry ass the highway.

Dude anyone that understands politics would not say that.
Her Vote wasn't needed - she had a pass from McConnel to vote no.
She is in a tough race in Maine to hold her seat.
Can't help Govern is you don't win.
She votes support for Trumps positions about 2/3 of the time.
She proved herself with her Kavanaugh strength.
That's all true. But the Kavanaugh vote is what has sunk her. She has always supported the right to choose and a lot of the Dems in Maine expected her to buy that Kavanaugh would want to overturn Roe. She didn't find their argument convincing, and imo she totally ignored the real reason he should have been turned down--his unprofessional and highly partisan rant in his concluding remarks.

It is what is killing her. Voting with the Republicans to acquit Trump in the impeachment didn't help, either. She admitted he did it but said it wasn't serious enough to can him. Again, she conveniently ignored all the evidence of the dirty tricks surrounding that "inappriopriate" phone call. But it didn't really surprise me, because she's a Republican. Disappointed me, though.

You either have principles or you don't. She is going to lose anyway so why didn't she just do the right thing?

I think the right thing is making sure we keep the senate. You would throw away the senate over a single vote. Not smart

It's called "integrity" and, apparently, Collins has none.

If she believed that voting for Barrett's confirmation was the right thing to do, then she should have done that. Period. By voting not to confirm, she's sent the message that she places a greater value political expediency than on integrity.

She needs to go...

That's all true. But the Kavanaugh vote is what has sunk her. She has always supported the right to choose and a lot of the Dems in Maine expected her to buy that Kavanaugh would want to overturn Roe. She didn't find their argument convincing, and imo she totally ignored the real reason he should have been turned down--his unprofessional and highly partisan rant in his concluding remarks.

It is what is killing her. Voting with the Republicans to acquit Trump in the impeachment didn't help, either. She admitted he did it but said it wasn't serious enough to can him. Again, she conveniently ignored all the evidence of the dirty tricks surrounding that "inappriopriate" phone call. But it didn't really surprise me, because she's a Republican. Disappointed me, though.

Oh, the irony, now we have the proof of Biden's corruption in Ukraine and you still hold that Trump made an inappropriate phone call. Self aware much?

I agree, but she pissed off as many people as she may have gained. Conservatives lean towards priniciples. She lost respect from both sides.
I dont like or respect susan collins

But if shes not in the senate next year I will miss her

Sen. Collins made the political calculus that by voting "nay" she will gain a lot more liberal support to make up for the conservatives she kissed goodbye.

She didn't kiss any conservatives goodbye -
If you know that it is political calculus to further the Conservative agenda for the next 6 years -
Why would you be against it?

Sure she did. I don't know how many, but a lot of people in Maine like ACB and wonder about this broad's decision.

So they don't understand politics.

That is the only thing that I am envious of regarding Democrats -
They are ruthless, they stick together and they definitely understand politics.

While that is the smart "Political" play, it is that kind of thinking that keeps us with very substandard people in office.

Explain that
It is 'group' think. The kind of thought that goes, "If we want to keep the conservative agenda going, we need to ensure the GOP remains in power." Never once stopping to realize that the GOP is not conservative and that when we compromise values for the 'group' we get the government we deserve.

Or have you never noticed that in each election cycle for the past 40 years, every two years like clockwork, we are told, "This is the most important election ever! If you don't vote for us, America is going to burn....BURN!"

Then, not six months later, the people who said they were going to stop the evil, show how little backbone they really have.

I agree that Establishment Republicans are not nearly Conservative enough.
That's the message that we sent by electing Trump
The fact that he has led Conservatively has been a major plus.

You believe that Collins Seat going to a Democrat makes the seat more Conservative?

If she believed that voting for Barrett's confirmation was the right thing to do, then she should have done that. Period. By voting not to confirm, she's sent the message that she places a greater value political expediency than on integrity.

She needs to go...

Absolutely fucking idiotic.

She needs to go...

Anyone who believes that acting with integrity is idiotic is a fucking dipshit...

I agree, but she pissed off as many people as she may have gained. Conservatives lean towards priniciples. She lost respect from both sides.
I dont like or respect susan collins

But if shes not in the senate next year I will miss her

She can only be so Conservative in Maine, that's a fact.
We could have Ted Cruz or Mike Will move there and run
They will not win.

She proved herself with Kavanaugh

Libs lobbied the senator extensively, and she responded with a "nay" vote last night.

Now, will libs do the right thing and get behind the broad in her tight bid for reelection?

Maine is the oddball state. With such a diverse constituency it's a veritable minefield for elected officials to navigate through. On the left it's a moderate to rabid constituency. On the right it's a collide-o-scope of Pub ideology to include centrists, paleocons/social conservatives(heavy), neocons & even a sprinkling of Libertarians. Those north eastern states also have a LOT of 'old' money staunchly entrenched within them, making for an even higher hurdle for elected officials to have to clear if they desire to retain office. I don't care for sen Collins anymore than I did for former Maine senator Olympia Snowe(both RINO's), but I DO understand the predicament elected officials face in that cosmopolitan of a state.

She needs to go...

Anyone who believes that acting with integrity is idiotic is a fucking dipshit...

Can you separate personal and business-?
Most people can.
She should act with integrity in her personal life.
She should be the Best Politician that she can be when representing her Constituents and the country.

Really? Less evidence vs. Kav than vs. Joe/Hunter and yet he was publicly crucified over a lie by CBF. I would rant too. Leftists like you have your morals totally misplaced. And Maine has a lot of RED supporters in it as you well know. This isn't MA.

Libs lobbied the senator extensively, and she responded with a "nay" vote last night.

Now, will libs do the right thing and get behind the broad in her tight bid for reelection?

Those motherfuckers don't give a shit about honor and keeping your word. The ends justify the means.

That's why you just hate fuck those motherfuckers anyway you can until it becomes violent.

The only way to rid us of the communists is execution.

If so it seems to me that would be very risky because then all the dummies like me won't vote for her.

Maybe they should be less dumb

She’s been in the senate for 24 years. She should have been term limited to two terms. Time to go old lady.

I know
I know

I know...I know...you only vote for the party. Nothing else matters. Sadly, you aren’t smart to recognize your ignorance.

I do try to keep it to someone that is actually running.
Crazy, I know, but -

I know
I know

Crazy, I know, but -
But only Rs, right?

I know
I know

Crazy, I know, but -
But only Rs, right?

Yes -
No Democrat ever supports my positions
No Democrat will ever go against their party to represent my positions, even if they wanted to.

I voted for 1 Democrat in my life -
Sherriff.
Which I didn't even see as a political position.

Forum List

Back