Secret Service guys fired

I heard this story on the radio on my way in to work this morning and asked myself how long it would be before some wingnut turned this into a thread about the secret service not respecting Obama. Not long apparently.

I heard this story on the radio on my way in to work this morning and asked myself how long it would be before some wingnut turned this into a thread about the secret service not respecting Obama. Not long apparently.

I think if you gave them a Rorscach Test, each ink blot would be, "A Butterfly exploding because Obama is an Evil Kenyan, Marxist, Muslim redistributionist!!!!"

They were sent home for being drunk, it has nothing to do with respect.

Actually, I think it has everything to do with respect. Or a lack thereof.

I think it shows a lack of respect for the President, I think it shows a lack of respect for the country, ours whom they represent as well as the host country, and most importantly I think it shows a lack of respect for the positions they hold.

These men are charged with protecting our President, they are in a foreign nation, they should know better. In this type of scenario, I'd say they are never truly "off duty" much like the President is never truly "on vacation." Sobreity should be the word of the day for these guys, every day. At least as long as they are visiting a foreign country.

If they are off duty at home, different story, in my opinion...

Finally, according to the world of Gracie, the perfect excuse for the alcoholics of America.

"IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT!"

I think if you gave them a Rorscach Test, each ink blot would be, "A Butterfly exploding because Obama is an Evil Kenyan, Marxist, Muslim redistributionist!!!!"

LMAO...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Actually it does. If you respect the man you work for you will do a good job. It's called morale and esprit de corps. If either are lacking (and a lack of respect will certainly cause both to occur) then performance suffers.

In an age when most crewmen had to be pressganged, Lord Thomas Cochrane never once had to do that to crew one of his ships. He led by example and his men would do anything for him. The same as they do for anyone they respect.

The problem is Obama doesn't respect THEM, and that is a terrible insult to otherwise dedicated personnel. I doubt if any one of them would jump in front of an assassin if it came to that.

They did for Reagan.

I'm pretty sure that the reason I am having problems with my homeowners association has something to do with Obama. When I figure it out, I will start a thread about it......

rumors of misconduct and dereliction of duty many times in the past, they're only human. One of the most enduring rumors is that most of JFK's protective detail partied the night of Nov. 21 until the early morning hours. There is some fairly convincing circumstantial evidence to support this rumor although the truth, benign or not, has been lost to one of the real cover-ups that muddy the facts of the assassination, no matter what you believe the facts are.

In any case, people at all levels of responsibility keep proving over and over again the fallibility of human beings.Trying to tie this universal frailty to some Obama shortcoming is just throwing more muck at the wall hoping something sticks.

This doesn't have anything to do with Obama. This is something that has been happening and increasing for decades. What it seems to me is that across the board in America, values, morals, & ethics are disintegrating. Teachers, politicians, business people, youth, adults, essentially all professions, working class and professional class, all across the board, people not only seem to live out their lower urges but are happy to advertise them in the media, local, international, social, etc. The fact of the secret service behaving badly is just another example. Americans don’t have any dignity anymore. It is not a mater of religion; it is matter of personal dignity and character. Has nothing to do with politics or liberal versus conservative (conservatives are behaving just as badly as anyone else). It is something corrupt in the culture, throughout the culture. The Jerry Springer show was a kind of prophesy.

Last edited:
Hillary was abusive to the S.S. Michelle most likely is too. Barack, I'm sure is. S.S. personnel are pretty patriotic people and I'm sure they have little or no respect for Obama, since he has no respect for the United States.

Actually, I think it has everything to do with respect. Or a lack thereof.

I think it shows a lack of respect for the President, I think it shows a lack of respect for the country, ours whom they represent as well as the host country, and most importantly I think it shows a lack of respect for the positions they hold.

These men are charged with protecting our President, they are in a foreign nation, they should know better. In this type of scenario, I'd say they are never truly "off duty" much like the President is never truly "on vacation." Sobreity should be the word of the day for these guys, every day. At least as long as they are visiting a foreign country.

If they are off duty at home, different story, in my opinion...

I feel like the bottom line on those behaviors should be "Is it worth my job?" Because that's the reality of the situation. Surely they know that.

Actually it does. If you respect the man you work for you will do a good job. It's called morale and esprit de corps. If either are lacking (and a lack of respect will certainly cause both to occur) then performance suffers.

In an age when most crewmen had to be pressganged, Lord Thomas Cochrane never once had to do that to crew one of his ships. He led by example and his men would do anything for him. The same as they do for anyone they respect.

The problem is Obama doesn't respect THEM, and that is a terrible insult to otherwise dedicated personnel. I doubt if any one of them would jump in front of an assassin if it came to that.

They did for Reagan.

That's a complete cop-out, and frankly I'm surprised you would say such a thing. People do their best work because they hold themselves accountable, regardless of who they are working for. They want to take pride in their efforts. What kind of immature wanker says "Well, it's his fault I've chosen to get falling down drunk on the job." Seriously. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back