Second hottest July in recorded history says Copernicus

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
July 2017 extended the spell of exceptional global warmth that has now lasted since mid-2015. It was:

• 0.45OC warmer than the average July from 1981-2010;
  • the second warmest July on record, by a margin of about 0.1 OC;
  • a little under 0.1OC cooler than July 2016.
The warmest instances of each month of the year occurred from October 2015 to September 2016. Each of the ten months from October 2016 to July 2017 has been the second warmest on record for that month of the year.

The largest anomalies in European-average temperatures occur in wintertime, when values can vary substantially from month to month. The average for Europe in July 2017 was close to the 1981-2010 norm

Surface air temperatures for July 2017 | Copernicus Climate Change Service

And normally the GISS fellows pretty close to this.

giphy.gif

Let me ask you something, Matthew (seriously, you're not fooling anyone), Venus' surface broils at about 800 degrees Fahrenheit. The atmospheric pressure there is roughly 90 times that of Earth's. It is caused by a runaway greenhouse effect, which you are alleging will happen or is happening here due to human activity.

How can something you claim humans are responsible for happen on a planet where humans don't exist? Might it be that natural processes are at work there as I (in my opinion) think they are here?

Anthropological Global Warming is a farce. No human or unnatural force is capable of driving a planet into the state we see Venus in today. It took billions of years for Venus to slowly undergo such a hellish change. The human species will more than likely die out long before that happens here on Earth.

I'm laughing, no really, I am. Can't you see?

• Banned
I am laughing at you...

1. We're not heading anywhere near a Venus.
2. 280 ppm of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are in fact natural. This would remain so today if it wasn't for human emissions as the record over the past 800,000 years has shown until the next ice age dropped it into the 180ppm.
3. 125 ppm of the greenhouse gas are human induced and we can tell the difference between the natural kind and what we put out by isotopes.
4. Earth would be a big ball of floating ice if it wasn't for co2, methane and water vapor.

Now I have to ask you! Do you really believe that adding 125ppm of co2 into our atmosphere is going to do nothing???

What's funny is we're clearly adding the co2 into the atmosphere and we all know it causes the world to warm. So what's the problem?

Last edited:

Then why all the "the Earth is doooooomed!!!11!1!!" hype? Why all the fear mongering and McCarthyism?

2. 280 ppm of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are in fact natural.

Once again, why the hype if it's natural? Aren't you defeating your own thread by saying that? Atmospheric ppm exceeded that and more in prehistory.

4. Earth would be a big ball of floating ice if it wasn't for co2, methane and water vapor.

So, like you asked, what's the problem? Aren't you making the argument that the supposed addition of CO2 by humans is actually beneficial, not harmful?

Now I have to ask you! Do you really believe that adding 125ppm of co2 into our atmosphere is going to do nothing???

I do. Because we live on a planet, not an echo chamber like you.

If it can happen on a planet where no humans exist, it can happen here too, without the aid of humanity. Global warming is a natural process.

Also, it's funny how you focus on such a very small sample size, oh say the last 170 years, when there are records dating back 400-800,000 years (plus) showing atmospheric ppm being orders of magnitude higher than today's, and that occurred without the aid of mankind.

July 2017 extended the spell of exceptional global warmth that has now lasted since mid-2015. It was:

The warmest instances of each month of the year occurred from October 2015 to September 2016. Each of the ten months from October 2016 to July 2017 has been the second warmest on record for that month of the year.

The largest anomalies in European-average temperatures occur in wintertime, when values can vary substantially from month to month. The average for Europe in July 2017 was close to the 1981-2010 norm

Do you think that they put the 62 degree weather in the average that was in the middle of July in Virginia or was that left out like they did at the East Anglia Research Center? Always amazes me when studies come out, but they don't use ALL the statistics, but only those that make their argument.

Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation
NASA-GATE

I realize antidotal evidence isn't the most scientific but in my part of the world July didn't seem that warm and August is starting out the same. It was 40 degrees one night which by my memory is unusual.

I think a degree or two warmer will make things a lot nicer around here. Not sure about around the equator.

Last edited:
Based on data I've seen July appears to be somewhat warmer then June was based on this, Uah, and NCEP.

I'll say .74c on Giss.
Says the highly adjusted and unreliable data set.. MANUFACTURED WARMTH.. While the US-CRN says NOPE! its number 9 in the schemes of the historical record.

Mathew is breathlessly reporting the propaganda for NOAA and the alarmist drivel. Why did NOAA add .63 deg C to its empirical readings?

Last edited:
I realize antidotal evidence isn't the most scientific but in my part of the world July didn't seem that war and August is starting out the same. It was 40 degrees one night which by my memory is unusual.

I think a degree or two warmer will make things a lot nicer around here. Not sure about around the equator.
Empirical measurements (before thy are corrupted by algorithms and gerrymandering) show less than a 0.13 deg C anomaly.. but into the black box they go and out the come magically a .74 deg C anomaly... I grow tired of the NOAA's bull shit. The US-CRN shows literally no warming and a cooling trend now since 1998..

Do you think that they put the 62 degree weather in the average that was in the middle of July in Virginia or was that left out like they did at the East Anglia Research Center? Always amazes me when studies come out, but they don't use ALL the statistics, but only those that make their argument.

Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation
NASA-GATE
Got to love the Michael Mann school of throw out inconvenient empirical evidence that disproves your meme... Tells me the credibility of the persons putting it out is ZERO..

I realize antidotal evidence isn't the most scientific but in my part of the world July didn't seem that war and August is starting out the same. It was 40 degrees one night which by my memory is unusual.

Empirical measurements (before thy are corrupted by algorithms and gerrymandering) show less than a 0.13 deg C anomaly.. but into the black box they go and out the come magically a .74 deg C anomaly... I grow tired of the NOAA's bull shit. The US-CRN shows literally no warming and a cooling trend now since 1998..
Please post a link.

Please post a link.
If you have the capability to do data download and analysis the data is available at Data Access | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

I do climate prediction so I do much of the analysis myself.

Let me ask you something, Matthew (seriously, you're not fooling anyone), Venus' surface broils at about 800 degrees Fahrenheit. The atmospheric pressure there is roughly 90 times that of Earth's. It is caused by a runaway greenhouse effect, which you are alleging will happen or is happening here due to human activity.

How can something you claim humans are responsible for happen on a planet where humans don't exist? Might it be that natural processes are at work there as I (in my opinion) think they are here?

Anthropological Global Warming is a farce. No human or unnatural force is capable of driving a planet into the state we see Venus in today. It took billions of years for Venus to slowly undergo such a hellish change. The human species will more than likely die out long before that happens here on Earth.

I'm laughing, no really, I am. Can't you see?
LOL An idiots gaping grin and chortle befits you so well.
So, name the natural processes. Surely you can do that. Is the sun getting warmer? Present evidence for that if you think so. Are volcanoes heating the Earth? Present evidence if you think so. And what about the massive increase in GHGs in the atmosphere? So, show where those GHGs come from if not from our activities.

Then why all the "the Earth is doooooomed!!!11!1!!" hype? Why all the fear mongering and McCarthyism?

2. 280 ppm of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are in fact natural.

Once again, why the hype if it's natural? Aren't you defeating your own thread by saying that? Atmospheric ppm exceeded that and more in prehistory.

So, like you asked, what's the problem? Aren't you making the argument that the supposed addition of CO2 by humans is actually beneficial, not harmful?
God, what a fucking dumb ass you are. No one is saying that the Earth is doomed. What is being said by the vast majority of scientists is that we are giving our descendants a much lesser world than we have.

Yes, the present level of GHGs in the amosphere has both been exceeded and, at times, been far less, in past history. And when the changes occurred very rapidly in either direction, we saw periods of extinction.

Please post a link.
If you have the capability to do data download and analysis the data is available at Data Access | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

I do climate prediction so I do much of the analysis myself.
And Silly Billy has batted 1000 on his predictions. He has been wrong on every one of them.

Forum List

Back