What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second amendment sanctury led to Colorado massacre

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Reaction score

But the sheriff's department in El Paso county, where Mr Aldrich was arrested, has declared itself politically opposed to the law and refuses to let its officers petition for such orders except in special circumstances.

In 2019, it joined nearly 2,000 counties across the US in declaring itself a "Second Amendment Sanctuary", saying the red flag law "infringes upon the inalienable rights of law-abiding citizens".

If politically motivated law enforcement refuse to enforce the law then bad things happen. The sherriff should be tried as an accessory.

progressive hunter

Diamond Member
Reaction score

But the sheriff's department in El Paso county, where Mr Aldrich was arrested, has declared itself politically opposed to the law and refuses to let its officers petition for such orders except in special circumstances.

In 2019, it joined nearly 2,000 counties across the US in declaring itself a "Second Amendment Sanctuary", saying the red flag law "infringes upon the inalienable rights of law-abiding citizens".

If politically motivated law enforcement refuse to enforce the law then bad things happen. The sherriff should be tried as an accessory.
cant free the slaves without spilling a little blood,,

queers need guns too,,

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I can't read the article but red flag laws are highly unconstitutional.
I think if you are 17 and you threaten to kill your parents and the police have to be called, that should go on record and be the reason you are maybe not allowed to purchase a gun.

Aldrich was arrested in June 2021 in connection with a bomb threat which led to a standoff at his mother’s home

If he made a bomb threat, that should be a reason why you can't get a gun for at least the next 5 or 10 years.

It is not immediately clear how the bomb threat case was resolved, but the Colorado Springs Gazette reported the district attorney’s office said no formal charges were pursued in the case.

They got to stop throwing these cases out. Charge them. Have a record of their crazy behavior and have that be the reason they don't get a gun.

progressive hunter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think if you are 17 and you threaten to kill your parents and the police have to be called, that should go on record and be the reason you are maybe not allowed to purchase a gun.

Aldrich was arrested in June 2021 in connection with a bomb threat which led to a standoff at his mother’s home

If he made a bomb threat, that should be a reason why you can't get a gun for at least the next 5 or 10 years.

It is not immediately clear how the bomb threat case was resolved, but the Colorado Springs Gazette reported the district attorney’s office said no formal charges were pursued in the case.

They got to stop throwing these cases out. Charge them. Have a record of their crazy behavior and have that be the reason they don't get a gun.
2nd amendment says different

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Reaction score
If politically motivated law enforcement refuse to enforce the law then bad things happen. The sherriff should be tried as an accessory
The law is unconstitutional, and highly immoral. We aren’t supposed to be restricting people’s Rights until/unless they have been CONVICTED of a crime.

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score

How do you create such a law that lines up with the 2nd amendment?

Convict them of a damn felony. Problem solved.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You mean like Sanctuary Cities where illegal entrants from places unknown can run around and freely sell poisons, drink and drive or murder?

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
yes everyone needs the best military rifles available since thats what the 2nd amendment was for,,
Very true!

The Second Amendment isn‘t for hunting or even self-defense, it’s to overthrow the government.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You mean like Sanctuary Cities where illegal entrants from places unknown can run around and freely sell poisons, drink and drive or murder?
He was a Maga, they get guns anyway they can get guns.

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score

If you get due process and a court rules that way, all is good. Red flag laws ignore people have a right to due process.

I cant read the link so I do not know the specifics about his case and said what I said in general.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Very true!

The Second Amendment isn‘t for hunting or even self-defense, it’s to overthrow the government.
You said that, so true.

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you get due process and a court rules that way, all is good. Red flag laws ignore people have a right to due process.

I cant read the link so I do not know the specifics about his case and said what I said in general.

And with the ones in blue states they make sure it takes years for a person to contest any court writ denying them their 2nd amendment rights.

anyone wrongly accused should be able to sue the government AND the accuser for damages.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

New Topics

Forum List