Secession: It's a Good Thing...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Personally, i'm very disappointed in our Government selling folks out in places like Catalonia, Scotland, Brazil, Kurdistan, and so on. It seems so Un-American.

Very interesting article from Lew Rockwell

I am uncertain as to what Libertarianism means if it does not allow for individuals to exercise control over their life and property. This would inherently mean – to the extent possible in an imperfect world – that individuals would be free to choose from any available option of governance / governing structures, or create their own if they are able.

“If they are able”…of course, we know that those who currently govern such free thinkers will not be very agreeable to letting their cattle go free…

We also know that more choices in governance units increase the possibility that each individual finds one closer to his choosing. Simple math.

Which kind of already answers the question regarding a libertarian view on secession. You can stop here if you like.

Over the course of recorded history, borders have come and borders have gone; the number of governance units has ebbed and flowed – sometimes more, sometimes less.

In many ways, the world has moved toward the “sometimes less” end of the spectrum over the course of many centuries. But this has changed recently: the USSR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia – out of these three, now perhaps twenty. And it remains in flux: Brexit being a key event; the clear sentiment of many Americans and Europeans to withdraw from globalism being another...

Read More:

Secession - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Last edited:
How can power-hungry assholes keep control if we have the right to leave?

No, no, no... that just can't happen.

Yeah, it just seems so Un-American to sell folks out in places like Catalonia, Scotland, Kurdistan. Of all the nations in the world, we above all should understand that Revolution and Secession are the ultimate representations of freedom-fighting.

Last edited:
I mean, look at what our Government is doing to the Kurds for instance. Those folks right or wrong, have always stood by us in all our wars over there. Yet we're currently selling them out by refusing to support their Independence.

Personally, i'm very disappointed in our Government selling folks out in places like Catalonia, Scotland, Brazil, Kurdistan, and so on. It seems so Un-American.

I am uncertain as to what Libertarianism means if it does not allow for individuals to exercise control over their life and property. This would inherently mean – to the extent possible in an imperfect world – that individuals would be free to choose from any available option of governance / governing structures, or create their own if they are able.

“If they are able”…of course, we know that those who currently govern such free thinkers will not be very agreeable to letting their cattle go free…

We also know that more choices in governance units increase the possibility that each individual finds one closer to his choosing. Simple math.

Which kind of already answers the question regarding a libertarian view on secession. You can stop here if you like.

Over the course of recorded history, borders have come and borders have gone; the number of governance units has ebbed and flowed – sometimes more, sometimes less.

In many ways, the world has moved toward the “sometimes less” end of the spectrum over the course of many centuries. But this has changed recently: the USSR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia – out of these three, now perhaps twenty. And it remains in flux: Brexit being a key event; the clear sentiment of many Americans and Europeans to withdraw from globalism being another...

Read More:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/10/bionic-mosquito/secession-5/

What's Brazil seceding from? :dunno:

Btw your link goes to a page about "buying gold coins".

Read More:

There's a Secession movement in Brazil as well. And my bad, i fixed the link in the OP.

Sorry about the bad link in the OP folks. It has been corrected. :)

I have a difficult time keeping up around here. One thread has people who
secede branded as traitors and now it is a good thing.

I always knew the gov't was screwed up. I learned that when they went to
war with the South saying the South did not have the right to secede and then
accepted the 48 western most counties of Virginia seceding from Virginia.

Who would have thought.

Personally, I believe we would be better off trading California back to Mexico
for 1,000 fruit pickers, and a wall to be named later. We'd come out way ahead on that.

Glad that everybody is coming around. And Cali doesn't have to worry.
We'll allow all the White Americans passage way into the country before
they depart for Mexico and make sure all the illegal beaners and vine
swingers, are transferred into California.

How do you say? Adios?

In a sense, it's rewarding a puppy for peeing on the floor. But smacking it with a paper is not only counterproductive but just wrong.

We're the land of Revolution and Secession. That's why it's so odd we're selling out others who are seeking that.

I have a difficult time keeping up around here. One thread has people who
secede branded as traitors and now it is a good thing.

I always knew the gov't was screwed up. I learned that when they went to
war with the South saying the South did not have the right to secede and then
accepted the 48 western most counties of Virginia seceding from Virginia.

Who would have thought.

Personally, I believe we would be better off trading California back to Mexico
for 1,000 fruit pickers, and a wall to be named later. We'd come out way ahead on that.

Glad that everybody is coming around. And Cali doesn't have to worry.
We'll allow all the White Americans passage way into the country before
they depart for Mexico and make sure all the illegal beaners and vine
swingers, are transferred into California.

How do you say? Adios?

Yeah, our Founding Fathers were branded 'Traitors' too. But look at what they created. The world needs Revolution and Secession.

Read More:

There's a Secession movement in Brazil as well. And my bad, i fixed the link in the OP.

There are several, as there are all over the world but none AFAIK are significant.

Wiki lists 12 separatist movements in the US alone, not counting Puerto Rico, but ditto. Most of 'em I've never heard of, even after living in some of those areas. I recall buzz about running polls to support secession in both Texas and California after various elections but that's not the same as a realistic movement, such as Catalonia.

Forum List

Back