Seattle City Council passes resolution to abolish their Police Department

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Seattle City Council moves to abolish the entire Seattle Police Department and replace it with a "civilian led Department of Community Safety & Violence Prevention."

They want to replace the police force with nonprofit programs and "community-led activities."

In the proposed legislation, the council argues that the Seattle Police Department "[perpetuates] racism and violence" and upholds "white supremacy culture."

The council endorses the "Decriminalize Seattle" agenda that would replace the police force with:

–"Culturally-relevant expertise rooted in community connections"
–"Housing, food security, and other basic needs"
–"Trauma-informed, gender-affirming, anti-racist praxis"

And finally, the plan demands that the City conduct an "immediate transfer of underutilized public land for BIPOC community ownership"—in essence, the redistribution of land, which is a hallmark of Marxist regimes.

1. This is proposed legislation, which I assume their mayor will shoot down BUT - that city council apparently has the votes to override her veto. Would this legislation have to be approved by the voters? If so, it should fail; if it doesn't, well I guess you get the gov't you voted for.

2. If I'm a cop in Seattle I'm looking for another job, NOW. Either way, I don't want to risk my life for these bozos.

3. If I'm a business person or investor, this ain't the place to start up a business or expand one. In fact, in many cases this is a place where you want to relocate to a safer and saner environment. Like in a red state.

4. No cops, woohoo! If I'm a gang or drug dealer or crook of any kind including organized crime, this is the place to go.

4. No cops, woohoo! If I'm a gang or drug dealer or crook of any kind including organized crime, this is the place to go.
Drugs are essentially legal there anyway, as far as that goes.
But there's still federal law...this would leave the door open for DEA and FBI to
be a real party pooper if they so choose under current laws. ...Careful what you wish for right ?

I mean... what do you say... I have never seen such cataclysmic, mind numbing, epic outer freakin' limits stupidity in my life.

I think this DOES give HONEST CREDENCE to the assertion that LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

This is one of those times when you just go...

DEMOCRATS ARE THE PARTY OF TRASH.

Last edited:
and of course biden jumped right in and denounced the move

I do not believe this is true, Biden has not supported abolishing the police depts and I don't think he has denounced the Seattle city council for this move. He has however supported the idea of 'redirecting' funds away from PDs, but doesn't call it defunding.

I can't wait until the mayor and city council members are victimized by a criminal....

911 social worker.jpg

Seattle City Council moves to abolish the entire Seattle Police Department and replace it with a "civilian led Department of Community Safety & Violence Prevention."

They want to replace the police force with nonprofit programs and "community-led activities."

In the proposed legislation, the council argues that the Seattle Police Department "[perpetuates] racism and violence" and upholds "white supremacy culture."

The council endorses the "Decriminalize Seattle" agenda that would replace the police force with:

And finally, the plan demands that the City conduct an "immediate transfer of underutilized public land for BIPOC community ownership"—in essence, the redistribution of land, which is a hallmark of Marxist regimes.

1. This is proposed legislation, which I assume their mayor will shoot down BUT - that city council apparently has the votes to override her veto. Would this legislation have to be approved by the voters? If so, it should fail; if it doesn't, well I guess you get the gov't you voted for.

2. If I'm a cop in Seattle I'm looking for another job, NOW. Either way, I don't want to risk my life for these bozos.

3. If I'm a business person or investor, this ain't the place to start up a business or expand one. In fact, in many cases this is a place where you want to relocate to a safer and saner environment. Like in a red state.

Oh, gosh. I hop they do it! That would be so awesome!

Except for the people who actually have to live with the results of course. Hopefully they will be able to just leave.

I do not believe this is true, Biden has not supported abolishing the police depts and I don't think he has denounced the Seattle city council for this move. He has however supported the idea of 'redirecting' funds away from PDs, but doesn't call it defunding.
I do believe he was being facetious.

Of course, they could always turn things over to that black militia....

They might still have a few of their members they could shoot if the criminals act up...

Alright... let's say they PASS this insanity, and DO get rid of the cops for a bunch of tie dye T-shirt and sandals wearing commie cucks... I'll take bets right now that not long after the cops are gone, Seattle looks like Nagasaki after the bomb.

I'll also bet there's not a gun to be bought in Seattle or 100 miles around the city right now.

The likelihood of this passing is irrelevant compared to the concern that their exist such a radical mindset in elected leadership there. This act alone of even proposing such action will impact home values and make companies consider moving elsewhere. How would you like to be Seattle’s director of economic development with this mindset in place?

I am a born in the USA citizen----a product of state schools----K thru graduate level. I am a registered
democrat from the DAY I turned 21. I vote
BUILD A WALL AROUND SEATTLE
and a moat with crocs

This is a potential President who was concerned about creating “jungles” due to school busing but has no problem reducing police resources. And we are supposed to entrust this guy with nuclear codes?

I am a born in the USA citizen----a product of state schools----K thru graduate level. I am a registered
democrat from the DAY I turned 21. I vote
BUILD A WALL AROUND SEATTLE
and a moat with crocs
HelI I left the demonRats when that shit ass Clinton screwed Lewinski then got on TV and lied to our faces. He was disbarred and his wife is no prize either. Obama was no prize either nor is Michelle. They hate white people and they hate this country. Democrats are assholes. I’m a lot of things now except a dumbassed democrat.

Oh. Please guys, when you're gonna be facetious or sarcastic then please use one of those emoticon thingies. Help an old, unwoke guy out, 'k?

excellent!!! good for them, walking the walking, not being part of the bullshit talkers!!

funny, those bullshit talkers just yesterday, were telling me that "defund the police" did NOT mean shut the police down.

mmm, seems like some confusion on the left.

nope. biden needs the votes both from the far left crazies who want to seriously defund the police and he needs the votes from the less crazy moderates who don't.

so he will try to have it both ways.

he also, cannot refute any of the beliefs that support the defend movement, is systemic racism in america.

he needs that, to scare conservative blacks into voting for white liberals.

so, he is not being facetious. this is the double lie that biden needs to sell to get elected.

Forum List

Back