Seattle CHOP - more shootings, violence

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
SEATTLE (KOMO) — A man was killed and a 14-year-old boy was critically wounded in a shooting near Seattle's CHOP area early Monday morning. [today]

Dispatchers received multiple 911 calls after gunfire erupted just after 3 a.m. near 12th Avenue and Pike Street, according to Seattle Police. Witnesses reported several unidentified people had fired shots into an SUV.

"When investigators arrived, they found a white Jeep Cherokee riddled with bullet holes on 12th Avenue between Pike and Pine," said Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best. "Officers were told two men in the vehicle had been shot, but both were gone when officers got there."

One of the victims was driven to Harborview Medical Center in a private vehicle and arrived at 3:15 a.m., while the second victim was eventually brought to a Seattle Fire Department staging area outside the CHOP and taken via ambulance, according to hospital spokesperson Susan Gregg. That victim arrived about 15 minutes later.

One of the victims, described as an African-American adult man, later died at the hospital, Best said. The other victim, a 14-year-old African-American teen, remains in critical condition.

But Best says the investigation is being hindered by a tampered crime scene.

"Our homicide detectives searched the Jeep for evidence but there wasn't much we could find," Best said. "They typical things we search for in a shooting like this weren't there and it's abundantly clear to our detectives that people had been in and out of the car after the shooting."

Detectives are relying on witnesses to try to piece together what happened, "but as has been the case in other crime scenes up in this area, people are not being cooperative with our requests for help."

"It's very fluid, (and) it's very unfortunate that we have another murder in this area identified as the CHOP," Best said. "Two African-American men... dead at a place where they place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter but they're gone. They're dead now. And we've had multiple other incidents -- assaults, rapes robbery, shootings -- so this is something that's going to need to change."

It's the fourth shooting in the region protestors named the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, which surrounds the area where Seattle Police's East Precinct was headquartered and began in the wake of the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers.

If this doesn't tell you that you have to have armed police officers then I guess nothing will. Where's the outrage over these dead African-Americans? I just don't get it, it's okay for anyone else to kill a black person, but if a cop does it then God have mercy. How does BLM justify saying black lives matter when some do and some don't?

Last edited:
If I were mayor of Seattle this would be over...what the hell is going on?...clean out the human garbage and let the good tax paying folks go back home and to work....there are folks staying in hotels because they fear going home....there will be hell to pay for Seattle politicians in the next election....and the lawsuits are already being filed....

If I were mayor of Seattle this would be over...what the hell is going on?...clean out the human garbage and let the good tax paying folks go back home and to work....there are folks staying in hotels because they fear going home....there will be hell to pay for Seattle politicians in the next election....and the lawsuits are already being filed....
Exactly.

I predict this shooting is going to end the patient, never ending negotiations with CHOP and that the DOT, protected by police, will be putting an end to the Zone by tomorrow, if not sooner. Of course, the city of Seattle--the rest of the city that HAS cops--is keeping up with homicides of its own. Take a look at the police blotter.
But the deal with CHOP was, okay--you keep the cops out, we'll handle things. CHOP doesn't seem to be able to do that any better than the cops.

I predict this shooting is going to end the patient, never ending negotiations with CHOP and that the DOT, protected by police, will be putting an end to the Zone by tomorrow, if not sooner. Of course, the city of Seattle--the rest of the city that HAS cops--is keeping up with homicides of its own. Take a look at the police blotter.
But the deal with CHOP was, okay--you keep the cops out, we'll handle things. CHOP doesn't seem to be able to do that any better than the cops.

Nice post, OL.

14 and 16 years old, the older one dead and the other one in critical condition. Sigh. I hope your prediction is right, but I wouldn't bet the rent on it. The Seattle mayor isn't likely to authorize force and that is what it's going to take IMHO. Maybe the governor will step in take order the NatGuard to restore order.

clean out the human garbage and let the good tax paying folks go back home and to work...

Residents inside CHOP were never displaced...

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
lacking a home, country, etc.
moved or put out of the usual or proper place.
noun
(used with a plural verb) persons who lack a home, as through political exile, destruction of their previous shelter, or lack of financial resources

Last edited:

Oh, much worse. Based on numbers CHOP is the most violent place on Earth right now. Good job progressives!

clean out the human garbage and let the good tax paying folks go back home and to work...

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun
(used with a plural verb) persons who lack a home, as through political exile, destruction of their previous shelter, or lack of financial resources

My daughter and her boyfriend live smack dab in the middle of the "occupied zone", that's how...

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun

My daughter and her boyfriend live smack dab in the middle of the "occupied zone", that's how...

I feel for them. That has got to be miserable for them.

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun

Well, they're actually pretty comfortable, or so they say.

Because of the whole Covid thing, they've left their apartment only a handful of times in the last four months. They get their groceries delivered, shop online, etc.

She tells me that much of what's reported on the news is exaggerated to one degree or another. She's a photographer, as well, so I've been urging her to go out and shoot photos, so long as she feels safe doing so. She could get some really good stuff in that environment...

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun

Well, they're actually pretty comfortable, or so they say.

Because of the whole Covid thing, they've left their apartment only a handful of times in the last four months. They get their groceries delivered, shop online, etc.

She tells me that much of what's reported on the news is exaggerated to one degree or another. She's a photographer, as well, so I've been urging her to go out and shoot photos, so long as she feels safe doing so. She could get some really good stuff in that environment...

Yeah, she could. The daytime seems pretty nice, the trouble only seems to happen at night.

Forum List

Back