Seattle CHOP - more shootings, violence

clean out the human garbage and let the good tax paying folks go back home and to work...

Residents inside CHOP were never displaced...

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
lacking a home, country, etc.
moved or put out of the usual or proper place.
noun
(used with a plural verb) persons who lack a home, as through political exile, destruction of their previous shelter, or lack of financial resources

My daughter and her boyfriend live smack dab in the middle of the "occupied zone", that's how...

I feel for them. That has got to be miserable for them.
They choose to live in Leftardia, you get the violent racism as a result.

SEATTLE (KOMO) — A man was killed and a 14-year-old boy was critically wounded in a shooting near Seattle's CHOP area early Monday morning. [today]

Dispatchers received multiple 911 calls after gunfire erupted just after 3 a.m. near 12th Avenue and Pike Street, according to Seattle Police. Witnesses reported several unidentified people had fired shots into an SUV.

"When investigators arrived, they found a white Jeep Cherokee riddled with bullet holes on 12th Avenue between Pike and Pine," said Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best. "Officers were told two men in the vehicle had been shot, but both were gone when officers got there."

One of the victims was driven to Harborview Medical Center in a private vehicle and arrived at 3:15 a.m., while the second victim was eventually brought to a Seattle Fire Department staging area outside the CHOP and taken via ambulance, according to hospital spokesperson Susan Gregg. That victim arrived about 15 minutes later.

One of the victims, described as an African-American adult man, later died at the hospital, Best said. The other victim, a 14-year-old African-American teen, remains in critical condition.

But Best says the investigation is being hindered by a tampered crime scene.

"Our homicide detectives searched the Jeep for evidence but there wasn't much we could find," Best said. "They typical things we search for in a shooting like this weren't there and it's abundantly clear to our detectives that people had been in and out of the car after the shooting."

Detectives are relying on witnesses to try to piece together what happened, "but as has been the case in other crime scenes up in this area, people are not being cooperative with our requests for help."

"It's very fluid, (and) it's very unfortunate that we have another murder in this area identified as the CHOP," Best said. "Two African-American men... dead at a place where they place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter but they're gone. They're dead now. And we've had multiple other incidents -- assaults, rapes robbery, shootings -- so this is something that's going to need to change."

It's the fourth shooting in the region protestors named the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, which surrounds the area where Seattle Police's East Precinct was headquartered and began in the wake of the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers.

If this doesn't tell you that you have to have armed police officers then I guess nothing will. Where's the outrage over these dead African-Americans? I just don't get it, it's okay for anyone else to kill a black person, but if a cop does it then God have mercy. How does BLM justify saying black lives matter when some do and some don't?

Doesn't matter. He's black. It only matters if a police officer killed him. As such, no big deal. Another dead black. Let the dead bury themselves.

I predict this shooting is going to end the patient, never ending negotiations with CHOP and that the DOT, protected by police, will be putting an end to the Zone by tomorrow, if not sooner. Of course, the city of Seattle--the rest of the city that HAS cops--is keeping up with homicides of its own. Take a look at the police blotter.
But the deal with CHOP was, okay--you keep the cops out, we'll handle things. CHOP doesn't seem to be able to do that any better than the cops.

You never negotiate with terrorists.

clean out the human garbage and let the good tax paying folks go back home and to work...

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun
(used with a plural verb) persons who lack a home, as through political exile, destruction of their previous shelter, or lack of financial resources

My daughter and her boyfriend live smack dab in the middle of the "occupied zone", that's how...

Well, your daughter and her boyfriend not withstanding, I find it hard to believe there weren't some people or families who were forced to leave that area for financial or safety reasons. Maybe not at the point of a gun, but had there been no CHOP then probably those people would still be where they were, and that is a displacement.

SEATTLE (KOMO) — A man was killed and a 14-year-old boy was critically wounded in a shooting near Seattle's CHOP area early Monday morning. [today]

Dispatchers received multiple 911 calls after gunfire erupted just after 3 a.m. near 12th Avenue and Pike Street, according to Seattle Police. Witnesses reported several unidentified people had fired shots into an SUV.

"When investigators arrived, they found a white Jeep Cherokee riddled with bullet holes on 12th Avenue between Pike and Pine," said Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best. "Officers were told two men in the vehicle had been shot, but both were gone when officers got there."

One of the victims was driven to Harborview Medical Center in a private vehicle and arrived at 3:15 a.m., while the second victim was eventually brought to a Seattle Fire Department staging area outside the CHOP and taken via ambulance, according to hospital spokesperson Susan Gregg. That victim arrived about 15 minutes later.

One of the victims, described as an African-American adult man, later died at the hospital, Best said. The other victim, a 14-year-old African-American teen, remains in critical condition.

"Our homicide detectives searched the Jeep for evidence but there wasn't much we could find," Best said. "They typical things we search for in a shooting like this weren't there and it's abundantly clear to our detectives that people had been in and out of the car after the shooting."

Detectives are relying on witnesses to try to piece together what happened, "but as has been the case in other crime scenes up in this area, people are not being cooperative with our requests for help."

"It's very fluid, (and) it's very unfortunate that we have another murder in this area identified as the CHOP," Best said. "Two African-American men... dead at a place where they place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter but they're gone. They're dead now. And we've had multiple other incidents -- assaults, rapes robbery, shootings -- so this is something that's going to need to change."

It's the fourth shooting in the region protestors named the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, which surrounds the area where Seattle Police's East Precinct was headquartered and began in the wake of the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers.

If this doesn't tell you that you have to have armed police officers then I guess nothing will. Where's the outrage over these dead African-Americans? I just don't get it, it's okay for anyone else to kill a black person, but if a cop does it then God have mercy. How does BLM justify saying black lives matter when some do and some don't?

A preview of a Biden Presidency.

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun

Well, your daughter and her boyfriend not withstanding, I find it hard to believe there weren't some people or families who were forced to leave that area for financial or safety reasons. Maybe not at the point of a gun, but had there been no CHOP then probably those people would still be where they were, and that is a displacement.

If anyone left they chose to do that on their own. No one was forced, therefore they were not "displaced". You can believe what you want; makes no difference to me.

Do you have anything credible which demonstrates that those who took the area over forced people out?

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun

If anyone left they chose to do that on their own. No one was forced, therefore they were not "displaced". You can believe what you want; makes no difference to me.

Do you have anything credible which demonstrates that those who took the area over forced people out?

"No one was forced, therefore they were not "displaced"

Your definition of 'displaced' differs from mine. It doesn't have to be through the use of physical means; I have no doubt that some residents there could no longer make a living as a result of the CHAZ/CHOP takeaway, or they were concerned about the safety of their kids. Some businesses were destroyed, true? Shootings and such? They didn't leave cuz they wanted to, they left cuz they had to, for the sake of their families. You can play word games all day long, but the truth is that the takeover did negatively impact that area and that's why the residents in and around the CHAZCHOP zone are filing a class-action lawsuit. People would not have left otherwise, the circumstances 'forced' them to leave.

Your definition of 'displaced' differs from mine.

Well, then your definition is wrong. I opt for the Merriam-Webster definition:

"1a : to remove from the usual or proper place specifically : to expel or force to flee from home or homeland displaced persons"

I have no doubt that blahblahblah...

What you doubt is meaningless, especially since, when asked, you proved to be a failure at presenting instances where people were forced from their homes...

some residents there could no longer make a living as a result of the CHAZ/CHOP takeaway

You've presented nothing but your own unlearned opinion to support that.

Gonna' need a bit more than that to be convinced...

or they were concerned about the safety of their kids.

I haven't heard of any instances where residents within the zone were threatened or harmed. I would ask you to provide something to show that they have, but we both know you lack that ability...

Some businesses were destroyed, true? Shootings and such? They didn't leave cuz they wanted to, they left cuz they had to, for the sake of their families.

No, they left because they chose to. Again, you've presented nothing to support your statements.

Nothing...

You can play word games all day long

I see, using Merriam-Webster, a dictionary which has been in publication since 1843, is playing "word games" and your definition makes all the sense in the world?

Man, you've got some ego...

but the truth is that the takeover did negatively impact that area and that's why the residents in and around the CHAZCHOP zone are filing a class-action lawsuit. People would not have left otherwise, the circumstances 'forced' them to leave.

Untrue. If that were the case, everyone would have left.

As for the latest lawsuit, that has nothing to do with the group that took over the area, or even with people choosing to leave or, in your head, being "forced" to leave. The lawsuit is against the city and it simply seeks to change policy so that such a thing doesn't happen again. There's no dollar amount attached to it. There was an earlier suit which was filed by business owners, property owners and residents because they claimed they were denied the rights to their property. That lawsuit's stalling simply because there are a lot of business owners, property owners and residents who remained and went about their day.

No one is "forced" by a circumstance to leave. They choose to leave.

Period.

And you know this how?

displaced

adjective
noun

So if a bunch of armed militant thugs were marching back and forth in front of your home and the police were not able to respond to your street you would stay?....and if you did decide to leave you would consider it your decision only?....you sound like the guy that got car jacked at gunpoint and then lamented that he put the thugs in danger by calling the police.....liberals do not think they feel...and that makes liberalism a mental disorder....and a danger to yourself and everyone around you.....

So if a bunch of armed militant thugs were marching back and forth in front of your home and the police were not able to respond to your street you would stay?

Possibly. Many certainly did, and they never really felt threatened...

and if you did decide to leave you would consider it your decision only?....you sound like the guy that got car jacked at gunpoint and then lamented that he put the thugs in danger by calling the police.....liberals do not think they feel...and that makes liberalism a mental disorder....and a danger to yourself and everyone around you.....

Well, you're an idiot.

I'm pretty fucking conservative; pro 2nd Amendment, want to see a border wall, gonna' vote for Trump AGAIN.

Suggesting I'm a liberal is pretty fucking stupid of you...

As joe rogan pointed out on his podcast with guest Colion Noir..... antifa and black lives matter terrorists said they were burning, looting and killing in primarily Black neighborhoods because of "racist cops."

Rogan pointed out it took them a day of being in control to build walls, arm their thugs with rifles and to set up a police force that beat up people they didn't like....

and yet they can complain about the United States and our police.......

You don't know that....

Well, you're an idiot.

I'm pretty fucking conservative; pro 2nd Amendment, gonna' vote for Trump AGAIN. Suggesting I'm a liberal is pretty fucking stupid of you.
Then stop making a liberal like ass out of yourself by arguing that people in Seattle's capitol hill are not leaving their homes and businesses and are fine with whats going on....can you blame me for thinking you were a libtard?.....geeeze

You don't know that....

Yeah, I do.

My daughter and her boyfriend live smack dab in the middle of CHOP. She's told me she's never once felt threatened or in danger walking around her neighborhood. Her neighbors apparently feel the same way...

Then stop making a liberal like ass out of yourself by arguing that people in Seattle's capitol hill are not leaving their homes and businesses and are fine with whats going on....can you blame me for thinking you were a libtard?.....geeeze

I'm basing my statements based on first hand information I'm getting from my daughter, who's within the borders of CHOP, on almost a daily basis. How the fuck would that make me look like a liberal?

What are you basing your statements on?

You don't know that....

Yeah, I do.

My daughter and her boyfriend live smack dab in the middle of CHOP. She's told me she's never once felt threatened or in danger walking around her neighborhood. Her neighbors apparently feel the same way...

I'm basing my statements based on first hand information I'm getting from my daughter, who's within the borders of CHOP, on almost a daily basis. How the fuck would that make me look like a liberal?

What are you basing your statements on?

Your daughter and her mate are two people.....you know nothing but what they tell you which is suspect at best.....try being a 60 year old men's suit store owner that had to watch his entire line of clothing stolen right off the racks in capitol hill Seattle and he and his wife that live above the store couldn't get a police escort out of the area so they had to pay some armed thugs to escort them out....they are at a hotel still today.....there....if you want to play anecdotal games I will oblige.....we can do this all day long....

Your daughter and her mate are two people.....you know nothing but what they tell you which is suspect at best.....try being a 60 year old men's suit store owner that had to watch his entire line of clothing stolen right off the racks in capitol hill Seattle and he and his wife that live above the store couldn't get a police escort out of the area so they had to pay some armed thugs to escort them out....they are at a hotel still today.....there....if you want to play anecdotal games I will oblige.....we can do this all day long....

Perhaps you raised your children to believe it's okay to lie. I didn't. My daughter doesn't lie to me. She has no reason to. What she tells me is not "suspect". It's called a first hand account.

And, yes, she and her boyfriend are two people. There are a lot of "two peoples" who live in her building, and they remained there. They were not threatened, never worried. If your fictional store owner chose to leave after his store was looted, that was his decision. But no one told him he had to leave...

Forum List

Back