Scientists achieve 44-kilometer quantum teleportation for the first time

he future holds cooler things than ever imagined in any movie

Or, any '60s TV series...

Star-Trek-Transporter.jpg

Quantum entanglement is not confined to the speed of light. It is instantaneous. And yes, quantum computing would be a massive upgrade on existing technology.

Quantum entanglement is not confined to the speed of light. It is instantaneous. And yes, quantum computing would be a massive upgrade on existing technology.

Quantum computing would be a huge step forward. But the test, as far as the article described, was 90% fidelity. They will have to bring that closer to 100%.

This is sad in many ways mostly because the future holds cooler things than ever imagined in any movie
What's "gentside"? That is kid sister cryptography, in other words.
The unbounded growth of the informational entropy of the quantum wave wave function, on which theories of quantum computation and quantum cryptography depend, cannot occur in real life because of an inevitable and irreversible phenomenon called the "collapse of the wave function."
Quantum waves spread out and become diffuse and entangled with random fluctuations due to heat and electromagnetic noise; no significant information-bearing qualities have ever been found due to quantum effects, which are nothing but mirages or resonances of electromagnetic or particle waves. So-called "thought experiments" like Schrödinger's cat do nothing to convince us that these scientists are telling us the truth. The math is too complex, and the scientists do not understand it themselves when they try to explain it to us.

Quantum computing would be a huge step forward. But the test, as far as the article described, was 90% fidelity. They will have to bring that closer to 100%.
Quantum packets to checksum?

QM has its own laws of physics
Whatever laws of physics apply to quantum phenomena also need to explain the classical manifestations of the collapse of the wave function which inevitably occurs.

You've got an article from a site by the name of "gentside" -- there's a "boystown" that was just busted by the Nazis -- Dark web child abuse image site with 400,000 members taken down
The arrested suspects, who in accordance with German law have not been named, were 40 to 64 years old.
The three suspects arrested in Germany are accused of founding and maintaining the site, as well as giving members advice on how to avoid arrest. One of them, a 64-year-old from Hamburg, is alleged to have personally uploaded more than 3,500 images.
"Furthermore, members of the platform received safety instructions from them for secure surfing on 'Boystown' in order to minimize the risk of discovery by law enforcement authorities," the BKA said.
There's a "quantumphysicslady" site I linked to above. They use symbols they call “bras” and “kets” -- from splitting apart the word “bracket” -- “⟨xx|” and “|xx⟩” -- and likening them to women's underwear. Do you need any further information? There's just plain too much cum on the frat house couch at the university, and I don't believe a word of what these overeducated frat boys and sorry girls are saying.

Wake me when they successfully teleport a mammal.

You obviously didn't read the article.
You're right, but every time I hear the word Teleportation, I can't help but think of Sci-Fi series and movies. I'm sure it was related only to computers, but didn't care.

In quantum teleportation exists no way, no time and no speed and it's a disembodied transport. So the science fiction concept are relicts from a very old world of yesterday. The best word in this context is perhaps Albert Einsteins "spookie" from his word "spookie distant effect", which Einstein had used when he described the phenomenon "entanglement". Indeed it is even more spookie than only spookie, because in many many Bell-tests it was made totally clear that not any hidden variables are existing and entanglement it nothing else than "only" a completely 'unvisualizable' concept of quantum mechanics.

If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics.
Richard Feynman

This is sad in many ways mostly because the future holds cooler things than ever imagined in any movie
What's "gentside"? That is kid sister cryptography, in other words.
The unbounded growth of the informational entropy of the quantum wave wave function, on which theories of quantum computation and quantum cryptography depend, cannot occur in real life because of an inevitable and irreversible phenomenon called the "collapse of the wave function."
Quantum waves spread out and become diffuse and entangled with random fluctuations due to heat and electromagnetic noise; no significant information-bearing qualities have ever been found due to quantum effects, which are nothing but mirages or resonances of electromagnetic or particle waves. So-called "thought experiments" like Schrödinger's cat do nothing to convince us that these scientists are telling us the truth. The math is too complex, and the scientists do not understand it themselves when they try to explain it to us.
Tell the chinese that

Also tell everyone working on quantum networking

There's a light cone.

D = √(–Δx² – Δy² – Δz² + Δt²)

is the distance between any two points in Minkowskian spacetime — if D is imaginary, the points are mutually unreachable.

There's a light cone.

D = √(–Δx² – Δy² – Δz² + Δt²)

is the distance between any two points in Minkowskian spacetime — if D is imaginary, the points are mutually unreachable.
What does Minkowsky or Euclidian space for that matter have to do with entanglement?

I dismiss the black hole theory. It violates Einstein. Infinity is the result of General Relativity. Call it a gravatar which has a surface.

I dismiss the black hole theory. It violates Einstein. Infinity is the result of General Relativity. Call it a gravatar which has a surface.
Which also has nothing to do with entanglement.

PS. Technically according to general relativity, the universe can not be proved to exist mathematically.

Forum List

Back