Scientific Measure of Racial Animus by State.

I'm guessing it's a multitude of reasons for it. Utah is certainly a surprise for me but perhaps that just highlights a readiness to accept stereotypes without questioning them.

I think your idea about the western states is on target. Wyoming as an example, was the first state to grant women the vote. About 25 years before the rest of the U.S.

Denver is also rated one of the lowest cities in the U.S. for racial animus per the study (see 2008 voting data). The entire mountain west and Pacific coast is in the bottom half of the distribution. Good news if you live in that part of the Country.

I think your idea about the western states is on target. Wyoming as an example, was the first state to grant women the vote. About 25 years before the rest of the U.S.

Denver is also rated one of the lowest cities in the U.S. for racial animus per the study (see 2008 voting data). The entire mountain west and Pacific coast is in the bottom half of the distribution. Good news if you live in that part of the Country.
Like I said earlier, there is no rhyme or reason to the findings because its not really a good data set. For instance there are people that dont believe they are racist and would never use the n word. However, they believe white people are superior and will find a rationale not to vote for a Black candidate. They also are not covered in the study. If you look at the fact that the white demographic was the only one that failed to get over the 50% mark in voting for the president it proves your OP faulty as I pointed out earlier.

Methodology took all of those factors into account. Please read the data thoroughly.

You ought to read the study results more closely as well.

---
From 2004-2007, the searches were most popular in West Virginia; upstate New York; rural
Illinois; eastern Ohio; southern Mississippi; western Pennsylvania; and southern Oklahoma.
---

Let's just look at those blue states that you claim are so racist.

upstate New York -- mostly white
rural Illinois -- mostly white
eastern Ohio -- mostly white
southern Mississippi -- not quite as white, but the whitest part of Mississippi
western Pennsylvania -- Hard to tell if that includes Pittsburgh or not.

Basically, the red parts of blue states were the ones searching on the N-word. Your mistake is implying that blue/red states have homogeneous blue/red populations.

Yeah. I Live in WA, which is Blue. But the Columbia Basin is dark Red (and the people there are racist as f~ck)

Like I said earlier, there is no rhyme or reason to the findings because its not really a good data set. For instance there are people that dont believe they are racist and would never use the n word. However, they believe white people are superior and will find a rationale not to vote for a Black candidate. They also are not covered in the study. If you look at the fact that the white demographic was the only one that failed to get over the 50% mark in voting for the president it proves your OP faulty as I pointed out earlier.

That less than 50% of whites voted for Obama proves nothing. After the last election, the papers were full of stories about how Democrats are losing the white vote.

Since most of Congress is white, the racist charge has no bearing. Democratic policy s driving the white vote away.

Mark

That less than 50% of whites voted for Obama proves nothing. After the last election, the papers were full of stories about how Democrats are losing the white vote.

Since most of Congress is white, the racist charge has no bearing. Democratic policy s driving the white vote away.

Mark

You are exactly right. One of the major points of the data set is Obama lost between 3%-5% of the white vote that he should not have, but the loss of votes was almost exclusively from traditional Democrat Voters.

The trend toward Democrats losing white voters began in the 2006 election cycle, before Obama ran for President, and that trend has continued even in off year elections when Obama is not on the ticket.

Mark
Thanks for proving my point. Why are whites leaving?

Mark

You are exactly right. One of the major points of the data set is Obama lost between 3%-5% of the white vote that he should not have, but the loss of votes was almost exclusively from traditional Democrat Voters.

The trend toward Democrats losing white voters began in the 2006 election cycle, before Obama ran for President, and that trend has continued even in off year elections when Obama is not on the ticket.
That points directly to race being an issue if its the white vote. Bear in mind these were Democrats who supposedly are not racist.

Mark

What you have to remember is the same whites that voted the white congressmen in also voted them out. If racism was the constant, the white democratic congressmen would have never have been voted in in the first place.

It is crystal clear that racism is not the driver. Policy is.

Mark

Mark

What you have to remember is the same whites that voted the white congressmen in also voted them out. If racism was the constant, the white democratic congressmen would have never have been voted in in the first place.

Mark
Thats not an answer to my question nor is it correct.

Why the Democrat Party is losing white voters should be the subject of another thread.

In the last election cycle, when Obama was not on the ticket, Democrats got only 37% of the white vote. Some states saw as much as a 16% drop off (Illinois) from 2008 until 2014 (Dick Durbin).

Kay Hagan, Mary Landrieu, and many other Democrat Senators who lost saw huge drop offs in the white vote. It is definitely a problem if you are a Democrat.

Mark

That points directly to race being an issue if its the white vote. Bear in mind these were Democrats who supposedly are not racist.

??? So, the traditional democratic voters that voted for Obama in 2008 and who didn't vote for him in 2012 didn't vote for him because they are racists?

Mark

Mark

Mark

Why doesn't it answer your question?

Mark

Mark

Mark

Mark
Because it had nothing to do with my question.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Why not? Your claim is that racism plays a part. I have shown why I believe that you are wrong.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Why not? Your claim is that racism plays a part. I have shown why I believe that you are wrong.

Mark
Because I asked why white voters left. Why not Black voters? Or Latino voters? You can believe whatever you like. That doesnt make you right.

Mark

Mark

Mark
Because I asked why white voters left. Why not Black voters? Or Latino voters? You can believe whatever you like. That doesnt make you right.

"Left" being the key word. "Left" like in just the last election. Before that, they were Democrats, and most probably voted for Obama. If they didn't, he wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

If race is the impetus now, it should have been before.

BTW, Democrats are also losing the Latino vote. And Obama lost 2% of the black vote from 08 to 2012.

Mark

Last edited:

Mark

Mark

"Left" being the key word. "Left" like in just the last election. Before that, they were Democrats, and most probably voted for Obama. If they didn't, he wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

If race is the impetus now, it should have been before.

Mark
I already told you whites didnt even get over 50% in voting for him in the first place. Every other demographic did. Why did the white voters leave but everyone else stayed?

I'm guessing it's a multitude of reasons for it. Utah is certainly a surprise for me but perhaps that just highlights a readiness to accept stereotypes without questioning them.

Would you expect anything less from a state where a significant segment of the society believe "this is the place" in the the land of Zion and call themselves saints?

Curious, by what factor did Utah outdo Hawaii's Aloha spirit where Haloe means "no spirit", but most Hawaiians are very welcoming of all, even the Mahoos. :thanks:

Mark

Mark

Mark

why don't you tell us?

Forum List

Back