Scientific Measure of Racial Animus by State.

what I find interesting is that black people hate us yet want to associate with us in the worst way

WTF?
Its the other way around. Whites buy more rap music than Blacks do. Blacks dont purchase white music. White women hunt Black men down. Black women dont hunt white guys down. White children idolize Black entertainers and athletes.

But, you believe that whites are racists. Why would whites act this way?

Mark

what I find interesting is that black people hate us yet want to associate with us in the worst way

WTF?
Its the other way around. Whites buy more rap music than Blacks do. Blacks dont purchase white music. White women hunt Black men down. Black women dont hunt white guys down. White children idolize Black entertainers and athletes.

But, you believe that whites are racists. Why would whites act this way?

Mark
I dont believe all whites are racist. Even if I did plenty of racists had children with Black girls and women after raping them. They also allowed Black women to raise their all white children. Who can say why whites do contradictory things?

Last edited:
Methodology took all of those factors into account. Please read the data thoroughly.

You ought to read the study results more closely as well.

---
From 2004-2007, the searches were most popular in West Virginia; upstate New York; rural
Illinois; eastern Ohio; southern Mississippi; western Pennsylvania; and southern Oklahoma.
---

Let's just look at those blue states that you claim are so racist.

upstate New York -- mostly white
rural Illinois -- mostly white
eastern Ohio -- mostly white
southern Mississippi -- not quite as white, but the whitest part of Mississippi
western Pennsylvania -- Hard to tell if that includes Pittsburgh or not.

Basically, the red parts of blue states were the ones searching on the N-word. Your mistake is implying that blue/red states have homogeneous blue/red populations.

I like data....I do not like anecdote. I recently have read a book on data trends on the internet. The advantage of this data is that it is anonymous. There is no phony political correctness. It is just the user and a blank computer screen.

Based on mountains of data, racial preference and bias exists in America....among all racial groups. Whites and blacks, as well as the other races want to live, work, date, hire and have sex predominately with members of there own race. These trends are generally much strong among women than men, particularly regarding dating and sex.

You can argue whether this desire to associate with people of your own race is true discrimination, racism, or simple preference. But the fact remains; it exists, and it is powerful.

I will be providing data on various topics associated with this issue in this thread. I want civil discussion. If it cannot be civil I will ask the mods to move to the CDZ.

This is the first set of data. It measures racial animus by State. I find it interesting that so many blue states show up in the upper half of the data set. New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, New Jersey Maryland, and Rhode Island all show up in the upper end of the distribution. So much for all the enlightened liberals living in those states. Here is the data with link.

A Racially Charged Search, by State

Table A.

1. West Virginia 100.
2. Louisiana 86.
3.Pennsylvania 85.
4.Mississippi 83.
5. Kentucky 82.
6. Michigan 78.
7. Ohio 78.
8.South Carolina 76.
9.Alabama 76.
10.New Jersey 74.
11.Tennessee 73.
12.Florida 71.
13.New York 71.
14.Rhode Island 70.
15.Arkansas 70.
16.North Carolina 69.
17.Georgia 69.
18.Connecticut 68.
19.Missouri 68.
20. Nevada 67.
21.Illinois 65.
22. Delaware 65.
23.Oklahoma 65.
24.Maryland 64.
25.Indiana 63
26. Wisconsin 63
27.Kansas 62.
28.Texas 62.
29.Virginia 59.
30.Vermont 59.
31. California 57.
32. Maine 56.
33. Nebraska 55.
34.New Hampshire 54.
35.North Dakota 54.
36.Iowa 53.
37.Massachusetts 52.
38.Arizona 5139.
39.Washington 50.
40.South Dakota 50.
41. Alaska 50.
42.Wyoming 48.
43.Montana 48.
44.Oregon 47.
45. Minnesota 46.
46. District of Columbia 44.
47.Idaho 39.
48.New Mexico 39.
49.Colorado 3950.
50.Hawaii 34.
51. Utah 30

The effects of racial animus on a black presidential candidate Using Google search data to find what surveys miss Seth Stephens-Davidowitz - Academia.edu
The basis is fraudulent like most things that depend on stats. For instance...

it does not take into account the number of elderly that may avoid the internet entirely.
It does not take into account the number of poor that have limited access to do a search at all
it does not take into account the number of people that may have searched on the origins of a racial term like I have done myself.
etc
etc
etc

Methodology took all of those factors into account. Please read the data thoroughly.
No it doesnt. It says this right in the beginning.

"This paper uses non-survey-based methodology"

It wasn't a survey because in general surveys people lie. Hence, the entire point of the study. :)

Please either read more carefully or learn basic research methodology, and educate yourself before speaking. :)

Thank you.

---
From 2004-2007, the searches were most popular in West Virginia; upstate New York; rural
Illinois; eastern Ohio; southern Mississippi; western Pennsylvania; and southern Oklahoma.
---

Basically, the red parts of blue states were the ones searching on the N-word. Your mistake is implying that blue/red states have homogeneous blue/red populations.

I do not know racial breakdowns of a multitude of different regions of each state. If you have that data provide it. Otherwise....it's your opinion and nothing else.

The fact remains many identified blue states show high degrees of racial bias. That cannot be argued.

---
---

what if the search words were honky or cracker?

---
---

what if the search words were honky or cracker?

They just used the n word.

I like data....I do not like anecdote. I recently have read a book on data trends on the internet. The advantage of this data is that it is anonymous. There is no phony political correctness. It is just the user and a blank computer screen.

Based on mountains of data, racial preference and bias exists in America....among all racial groups. Whites and blacks, as well as the other races want to live, work, date, hire and have sex predominately with members of there own race. These trends are generally much strong among women than men, particularly regarding dating and sex.

You can argue whether this desire to associate with people of your own race is true discrimination, racism, or simple preference. But the fact remains; it exists, and it is powerful.

I will be providing data on various topics associated with this issue in this thread. I want civil discussion. If it cannot be civil I will ask the mods to move to the CDZ.

This is the first set of data. It measures racial animus by State. I find it interesting that so many blue states show up in the upper half of the data set. New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, New Jersey Maryland, and Rhode Island all show up in the upper end of the distribution. So much for all the enlightened liberals living in those states. Here is the data with link.

Table A.

1. West Virginia 100.
2. Louisiana 86.
3.Pennsylvania 85.
4.Mississippi 83.
5. Kentucky 82.
6. Michigan 78.
7. Ohio 78.
8.South Carolina 76.
9.Alabama 76.
10.New Jersey 74.
11.Tennessee 73.
12.Florida 71.
13.New York 71.
14.Rhode Island 70.
15.Arkansas 70.
16.North Carolina 69.
17.Georgia 69.
18.Connecticut 68.
19.Missouri 68.
20. Nevada 67.
21.Illinois 65.
22. Delaware 65.
23.Oklahoma 65.
24.Maryland 64.
25.Indiana 63
26. Wisconsin 63
27.Kansas 62.
28.Texas 62.
29.Virginia 59.
30.Vermont 59.
31. California 57.
32. Maine 56.
33. Nebraska 55.
34.New Hampshire 54.
35.North Dakota 54.
36.Iowa 53.
37.Massachusetts 52.
38.Arizona 5139.
39.Washington 50.
40.South Dakota 50.
41. Alaska 50.
42.Wyoming 48.
43.Montana 48.
44.Oregon 47.
45. Minnesota 46.
47.Idaho 39.
48.New Mexico 39.
49.Colorado 3950.
50.Hawaii 34.
51. Utah 30

The effects of racial animus on a black presidential candidate Using Google search data to find what surveys miss Seth Stephens-Davidowitz - Academia.edu

it does not take into account the number of elderly that may avoid the internet entirely.
It does not take into account the number of poor that have limited access to do a search at all
it does not take into account the number of people that may have searched on the origins of a racial term like I have done myself.
etc
etc
etc

It wasn't a survey because in general surveys people lie. Hence, the entire point of the study. :)

Please either read more carefully or learn basic research methodology, and educate yourself before speaking. :)

Thank you.
I'm already educated on research methodology. Research is only valid if you cover all the variables. So if it wasnt a survey how is it covering the issues I pointed out?

Table A.

1. West Virginia 100.
2. Louisiana 86.
3.Pennsylvania 85.
4.Mississippi 83.
5. Kentucky 82.
6. Michigan 78.
7. Ohio 78.
8.South Carolina 76.
9.Alabama 76.
10.New Jersey 74.
11.Tennessee 73.
12.Florida 71.
13.New York 71.
14.Rhode Island 70.
15.Arkansas 70.
16.North Carolina 69.
17.Georgia 69.
18.Connecticut 68.
19.Missouri 68.
20. Nevada 67.
21.Illinois 65.
22. Delaware 65.
23.Oklahoma 65.
24.Maryland 64.
25.Indiana 63
26. Wisconsin 63
27.Kansas 62.
28.Texas 62.
29.Virginia 59.
30.Vermont 59.
31. California 57.
32. Maine 56.
33. Nebraska 55.
34.New Hampshire 54.
35.North Dakota 54.
36.Iowa 53.
37.Massachusetts 52.
38.Arizona 5139.
39.Washington 50.
40.South Dakota 50.
41. Alaska 50.
42.Wyoming 48.
43.Montana 48.
44.Oregon 47.
45. Minnesota 46.
47.Idaho 39.
48.New Mexico 39.
49.Colorado 3950.
50.Hawaii 34.
51. Utah 30

etc
etc
etc

Thank you.
I'm already educated on research methodology. Research is only valid if you cover all the variables. So if it wasnt a survey how is it covering the issues I pointed out?

no one should ever believe you

It is also interesting to note the three of the four States with the highest white populations are among the very lowest in racial animus.

Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming. Any speculation why?

Table A.

1. West Virginia 100.
2. Louisiana 86.
3.Pennsylvania 85.
4.Mississippi 83.
5. Kentucky 82.
6. Michigan 78.
7. Ohio 78.
8.South Carolina 76.
9.Alabama 76.
10.New Jersey 74.
11.Tennessee 73.
12.Florida 71.
13.New York 71.
14.Rhode Island 70.
15.Arkansas 70.
16.North Carolina 69.
17.Georgia 69.
18.Connecticut 68.
19.Missouri 68.
20. Nevada 67.
21.Illinois 65.
22. Delaware 65.
23.Oklahoma 65.
24.Maryland 64.
25.Indiana 63
26. Wisconsin 63
27.Kansas 62.
28.Texas 62.
29.Virginia 59.
30.Vermont 59.
31. California 57.
32. Maine 56.
33. Nebraska 55.
34.New Hampshire 54.
35.North Dakota 54.
36.Iowa 53.
37.Massachusetts 52.
38.Arizona 5139.
39.Washington 50.
40.South Dakota 50.
41. Alaska 50.
42.Wyoming 48.
43.Montana 48.
44.Oregon 47.
45. Minnesota 46.
47.Idaho 39.
48.New Mexico 39.
49.Colorado 3950.
50.Hawaii 34.
51. Utah 30

etc
etc
etc

Thank you.

Read the methodology before commenting. It is covered in detail including most of your questions.

etc
etc
etc

Thank you.

Read the methodology before commenting. It is covered in detail including most of your questions.
I did read it. I want you to answer my question if you can.

Thank you.

I will not debate the study methodology. It is a peer reviewed academic study that was published in the New York Times among other places. You don't like it...too bad.

I'd like to repeat this question after the side show to get people's opinion.

It is interesting to note the three of the four States with the highest white populations are among the very lowest in racial animus.

Thank you.

I will not debate the study methodology. It is a peer reviewed academic study that was published in the New York Times among other places. You don't like it...too bad.
So you dont know? Thanks for admitting that.

It is also interesting to note the three of the four States with the highest white populations are among the very lowest in racial animus.

It's not necessarily a racial thing. It could also be the regional cultures.

Utah and Wyoming, in fact most of the western states were never slave holding states. They were always a lot more open both for women and for blacks and, a lot of escaped slaves ended up finding freedom there. Women were enfranchised early on. That creates a different culture then you would find in states with more racial tensions.

Looking at this map, you can see that many of the "whitest" states are western. Yet, who is at the top of the list? One of the whitest states - WV and at the bottom, one of the blackest - DC. United States - Black Population Percentage by State

The ten worst seem evenly split red and blue.
The ten best are as well.

I'm not sure what the point is that you are trying to make.

Mod note - can't move a thread that is started elsewhere into CDZ. However, the thread has been cleaned of derailments and contentless flaming as per Zone 2 rules.

Black behavior is more civil in these states.

It's not necessarily a racial thing. It could also be the regional cultures.

Utah and Wyoming, in fact most of the western states were never slave holding states. They were always a lot more open both for women and for blacks and, a lot of escaped slaves ended up finding freedom there. Women were enfranchised early on. That creates a different culture then you would find in states with more racial tensions.

Looking at this map, you can see that many of the "whitest" states are western. Yet, who is at the top of the list? One of the whitest states - WV and at the bottom, one of the blackest - DC. United States - Black Population Percentage by State

The ten worst seem evenly split red and blue.
The ten best are as well.

I'm not sure what the point is that you are trying to make.

I am really not making any point other than to say racial bias exists in unexpected places. Many progressives would say racial bias is a southern issue. Clearly, it is not. Brooklyn, NY registers as high for racial bias as Little Rock, Arkansas.

I find the fact that Utah is lowest fascinating. And remember this is where people are using google searches with the n-word.

The bottom line: racial bias exists throughout the United States....from the bluest of blue States to the deep South. There does not appear to be any geographic center, except for your point that the incidence is low in the western states.

Forum List

Back