Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

25 Sep 2022 ~~ By Pam Key

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
Trump signed off on a STANDING ORDER that allowed him to do just that.
Trump's team was asked by the judge what documents they claim were declassified and have until the end of the week to give the list.

Keep going down this route... What Trump is saying that he wants to share human operatives names in the field with US enemies without even informing them... This would put US intelligence back a generation over night and get a lot of people killed...

Why does Trump want to get US people risking their lives for their country killed?

Trump's team was asked by the judge what documents they claim were declassified and have until the end of the week to give the list.

Keep going down this route... What Trump is saying that he wants to share human operatives names in the field with US enemies without even informing them... This would put US intelligence back a generation over night and get a lot of people killed...

Why does Trump want to get US people risking their lives for their country killed?
That isn't what the judged demanded from Trump's lawyers.

Please tell us exactly what is in these documents that would threaten our National Security.

And be very, very specific.

Oh wait, you don't know and are just playing the sucker for the Deep State that's been trying to get rid of Trump since day one for 7 friggin' years.

Fongool!
Oh, the Deep State...

Could you tell me how many peple are working in the Deep Satate?
How has nobody told how it works?

How would I get a job in the Deep State?
It seems a great place to work, no one quits?
Do they offer dental?
Do you have to be a US Citizen to join the Deep State...
Do other countries have a deep state, what do they call them...
I have a friend who is a plumber, can he join?

So many questions about this Deep State. So excited, seems like a great place to work...
Seem super organised and can get things done, ever think of getting them to run the country...

Oh, the Deep State...

Do they offer dental?

So many questions about this Deep State. So excited, seems like a great place to work...
Seem super organised and can get things done, ever think of getting them to run the country...
You can't be this much of a bonehead.

I see you are new, so I will clue you in.

The cult NEVER answers in specifics. I ask for specifics all the time. They wont give specifics because they are lying and they know it.
Simple...

Documents are classified and the property of the US people...

They are deemed to be classified when written... Now Trump is trying to claim he declassified them by the power of thought... While he can declassify documents (not all documents) there are ways he has to do it, set down in law so it can be safe for people's lives who are at risk. Trump didn't have the classified stamp removed from the documents, that is one of the things that has to happen... Peple in the field were making decisions on the persumption that those documents were classified.

Any way it doesn't matter in one sense, he still didn't own the documents.. Can be fired from your job and steal documents out of the company...

It's even more dangerous. Trumps declassification method didn't involve a deliberative act. It was a matter of whatever happened to be on his desk that he took back to the residence.

P.S. BTW Trumps edict of automatic declassification of classified material taken from the Oval Office and brought to the residence, would include the "biscuit" the card presidents carry with a copy of the nuclear launch codes. If what Trump said was actually in effect, every evening the nuclear launch codes would be declassified.

It is when the judge asks them to verify claims made out of court that have a bearing on the ruling.

If at that point the lawyers say. "Well, I won't say" chances are that the claims out of court are BS. Unless of course, you think a lawyer would refuse to give exculpatory evidence for the hell of it?

I told you this before Seymour. It's not so much that Trump supporters claim they believe unsubstantiated claims. It is that they claim they believe those claims DESPITE evidence to the contrary. In this case, statements from both the FBI and Trump's lawyers when confronted in court, and an actual picture of top secret documents in Mar O Lago.

The amount of cognitive dissonance a person needs to display in order to square that information away in his head is so large, that I have an honest-to-God problem believing it is anything but people like you gaslighting.
Trump's claim that he declassified the documents would come after he's indictedvwich is extremely unlikely.

It would be legal malpractice for his attorneys to swear to it under oath now. Not to mention absurd since They are not fact witnesses.

It's even more dangerous. Trumps declassification method didn't involve a deliberative act. It was a matter of whatever happened to be on his desk that he took back to the residence.

P.S. BTW Trumps edict of automatic declassification of classified material taken from the Oval Office and brought to the residence, would include the "biscuit" the card presidents carry with a copy of the nuclear launch codes. If what Trump said was actually in effect, every evening the nuclear launch codes would be declassified.

Which would be fine as every day they are changed.

Come on... Tell us about the Deep State....

Ye all seem to have this story and that story....

How can we join? The RWers on this forum seem to know everything about them...

Why are ye so secretive?
They don't have an office where you can apply to work for the deep state, bonehead.

Why would I other even discussing this with an idiot troll like you?

Oh, the Deep State...

Do they offer dental?

Weird that anyone would deny even the existence of it.
Unless one is part of it.
They have a huge presence on social media.
Eisenhower warned us about it, so it's been in the public domain for a while.

Trump didn't have the classified stamp removed from the documents, that is one of the things that has to happen... Peple in the field were making decisions on the persumption that those documents were classified.

Actually the process of declassification doesn't remove the classification stamps. Instead it adds a "declassification" or "reclassification" stamp, with the previous classification markings simply crossed out, but still legible.

This goes for purposefully declassified, as well as automatically declassified documents.

Judge said to come back and give us your answer on every individual document...
Trump's lawyers are being told to put up or shut up... Tic Toc, Friday..
In a way this is like Trumps testimony in the Trump University case. Trump claimed ne handpicked the staff, yet he couldn't identify any of them by name.

Here Trump claims he picked documents to be declassified, yet I doubt he could identify the documents by name either.

Forum List

Back