Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

He didn't ask them about their defense strategy. He asked if he declassified the documents, nothing more nothing less. For the simply reason that it has a bearing on the claims of executive privilege he is asked to rule on.
He did not ask Trump's lawyers if Trump had declassified the documents. He asked whether they wanted to ask him to consider a claim of declassification for the special master's limited role.
And I don't know why you rule out an indictment? He is been subject to a search warrant approved by a federal judge citing possible crimes dealing with national security documents and the handling thereof. Those documents where found. By what convoluted thinking you presume to have confidence how this plays out?
Because even the most hate filled TDS folk on here have declined my offer of a wager.

You go to court with that then. Then don’t cry too hard when you get laughed out of the room. Noting no mention of the now verification that Obozo has classified material among the 30 million documents he stole.
It’s amazing how arrogant you guys are when repeating the lies that people have programmed you to tell.

Do you realize how stupid you look?

He did not ask Trump's lawyers if Trump had declassified the documents. He asked whether they wanted to ask him to consider a claim of declassification for the special master's limited role.

Because even the most hate filled TDS folk on here have declined my offer of a wager.
Oh, really? I'm intrigued what wager?

Also, you determine whether or not Trump will be indicted on the basis of a response you get on a forum?

That seems like an interesting way to go about it?

Oh, really? I'm intrigued what wager?

Also, you determine whether or not Trump will be indicted on the basis of a response you get on a forum?

That seems like an interesting way to go about it?
Say when you think Trump will be indicted. If He is indicted by that time I stay off the board for a week. If not, you stay off the board for a week.

I misspoke. I should have said the refusal of my wager is how I know that the TDS folks on here don't really believe he will be indicted.

I have several reasons to conclude he will not be indicted but I'll hold off naming them while you consider the wager offer.

Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

25 Sep 2022 ~~ By Pam Key

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
Trump signed off on a STANDING ORDER that allowed him to do just that.

Schiff thinking that he can't is really stupid......

"The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, said that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will."

In fact, Robert F. Turner, associate director of the University of Virginia's Center for National Security Law, said that "if Congress were to enact a statute seeking to limit the president’s authority to classify or declassify national security information, or to prohibit him from sharing certain kinds of information with Russia, it would raise serious separation of powers constitutional issues."

The official documents governing classification and declassification stem from executive orders. But even these executive orders aren’t necessarily binding on the president.

The president is not "obliged to follow any procedures other than those that he himself has prescribed," Aftergood said. "And he can change those."
------
Turner noted, however, that this isn’t necessarily a big distinction, since the president is ultimately the decider of what is classified and not. If his appointees disagree with his actions, "he can overrule their decisions," Turner said. "Within the Executive Branch the president is the boss."

PolitiFact - Does the president have 'the ability to declassify anything at any time'?

Say when you think Trump will be indicted. If He is indicted by that time I stay off the board for a week. If not, you stay off the board for a week.

I misspoke. I should have said the refusal of my wager is how I know that the TDS folks on here don't really believe he will be indicted.

I have several reasons to conclude he will not be indicted but I'll hold off naming them while you consider the wager offer.
Sure I've never been afraid to put my money where my mouth is. I'm predicting Trump will be indicted by the end of 2023. Even earlier than that actually but on 1 to 1 odds it serves the purpose.

My reasons are simple. The affidavit list 3 possible crimes. Purely looking at the public evidence 2 of those are slam dunks in my opinion. And I've yet to see any plausible defence coming from the Trump side.

The way I see it is that the only variable is whether or not the DOJ is willing to increase current tensions by doing it. And I feel just as a precedent for future security breaches of this kind not to mention the disregard for national security that the DOJ doesn't have much choice.

Sure I've never been afraid to put my money where my mouth is. I'm predicting Trump will be indicted by the end of 2023. Even earlier than that actually but on 1 to 1 odds it serves the purpose.

My reasons are simple. The affidavit list 3 possible crimes. Purely looking at the public evidence 2 of those are slam dunks in my opinion. And I've yet to see any plausible defence coming from the Trump side.

The way I see it is that the only variable is whether or not the DOJ is willing to increase current tensions by doing it. And I feel just as a precedent for future security breaches of this kind not to mention the disregard for national security that the DOJ doesn't have much choice.
Alright, forkup! You have a wager and I commend you for putting up when the others won't put up OR shut up.

I'd like to tell you my reasons for not thinking Trump is at risk of indictment but it deserves its own thread. I'll quote your reasoning and my response in that OP.

25 Sep 2022 ~~ By Pam Key

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
Trump signed off on a STANDING ORDER that allowed him to do just that.
Schiff is right. There is no such thing as de-classifying in your mind. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: Trump is nuts.

It’s amazing how arrogant you guys are when repeating the lies that people have programmed you to tell.

Do you realize how stupid you look?
You’re the one sounding stupid here moron. We are not arrogant. We’re right. You’re stupid and have yet to provide any evidence to back up your bullshit. Do you see how stupid you look yet? Seems the irony meter just shattered too....

You’re the one sounding stupid here moron. We are not arrogant. We’re right. You’re stupid and have yet to provide any evidence to back up your bullshit. Do you see how stupid you look yet? Seems the irony meter just shattered too....
Tell me why you think Obama “stole” 30 million documents.

Forum List

Back