Saying Jan 6 was an "Insurrection" is Bad Grammar

Put this on a job application and see how it works out for you....I was convicted of conspiracy to rob a bank, but did not actually rob it because I got stopped before I could try.

They aren't convicted yet.

Getting ahead of ourselves, aren't we?

For someone who wants the government to leave them alone, you sure are a fan of government gunning for people over dissent.

All the pathetic Marxist liars are out in force trying to say day is night and black is white. I cannot respond to all you idiots, Gulping GAYtor and Komrad-v and the rest. The OP is one hundred percent truth, and there is no arguing it.

QUOTE:

The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence” By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6,

It is not only bad grammar, it defies credulity. How exactly is this "take control of" the country accomplished? For that to happen, the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA and all other agencies and law enforcement agencies would have to bow down to a group of guys who entered the Capitol. Because unless that happens, no overthrow is even possible, let alone intended.

That is the insanity of such a statement. The only way to see the capitol protest as a threat is to assume that the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA, etc. etc. are all going to start obeying them.

But of course,, they are not.

America is not some banana Republic were you can occupy the palace of Il Presidente and rule the country. A physical overthrow of America is not even possible. Thats why all the crying about it being the worst day ever is not believable.

There was no way they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. It was a riot. It was a dangerous riot. It should have never happened, and it should never happen again, but people should not be misled to think that the protestors were on the verge of overthrowing the government.

The crowd did stop the certification, if only for a time.
To achieve what you're talking about they would have needed to be armed, more organized and willing to kill people. They never stood a chance of actually stopping certification.

For someone who wants the government to leave them alone, you sure are a fan of government gunning for people over dissent.

Sort of like you with the stolen election, I am not saying for sure that this is what happened, just that it was possible.

I do not like the government gunning for people over dissent, but I do like the government gunning for people over sedition.

Sort of like you with the stolen election, I am not saying for sure that this is what happened, just that it was possible.

I do not like the government gunning for people over dissent, but I do like the government gunning for people over sedition.

this wasn't sedition. CHAZ/CHOP was far more of an insurrection than anything that happened on Jan 6th. They actually abrogated local government control over several square blocks.

To achieve what you're talking about they would have needed to be armed, more organized and willing to kill people.

Why? If they were just there to delay the process and give those pulling the strings more time to get either Pence to do what they were trying to force him to do or till they could get the fake elector slates accepted, no guns or killing would have been needed.

Why? If they were just there to delay the process and give those pulling the strings more time to get either Pence to do what they were trying to force him to do or till they could get the fake elector slates accepted, no guns or killing would have been needed.
No disrespect but I really do think this is up there with 9/11 conspiracies.

No disrespect but I really do think this is up there with 9/11 conspiracies.

None taken, I do not really think what I posted happened, but it is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

To me it still seems more plausible than the claim that 10 million plus fake votes were cast in the last election.

None taken, I do not really think what I posted happened, but it is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

To me it still seems more plausible than the claim that 10 million plus fake votes were cast in the last election.
Maybe they're both pretty out there and there's not a good reason to try to compare them.

Maybe they're both pretty out there and there's not a good reason to try to compare them.

Why not compare them, they both deal with the same election and 75% of the folks on this forum believe the election was stolen, yet I have never seen you tell them the things you are telling me.

Why not compare them, they both deal with the same election and 75% of the folks on this forum believe the election was stolen, yet I have never seen you tell them the things you are telling me.
Do you think it's possible for me to convince a conservative that Biden won a close election fairly? Why should I bother? Maybe I think more of your ability to be reasoned with.

I have openly stated before that I don't think Trump was cheated.

Stewart Rhodes of oathkeepers,org joins The Alex Jones Show in studio to respond to accusations of inciting an insurrection and what people should do to prepare their communities against the leftist push to collapse society.

This footage has been all over the internet before. People laughing, shaking hands, taking selfies. It was a Patriot Party ruined by ANTIFA and BLM thugs. Just like they turned peaceful protests into riots all summer when the sun went down.
Of course the media and the Democrats are all trying to sabotage any chances of Trump running again with false stories and bold-faced lies.

Stewart Rhodes of oathkeepers,org joins The Alex Jones Show in studio to respond to accusations of inciting an insurrection and what people should do to prepare their communities against the leftist push to collapse society.

I hate Alex Jones.
I think he's a well intentioned prick. Something about him just bugs the shit out of me.
I can't stand listening to him or watching him.

To achieve what you're talking about they would have needed to be armed, more organized and willing to kill people. They never stood a chance of actually stopping certification.
A Soft Coup d'etat involves no violence.

A Soft Coup d'etat involves no violence.
Golfing Gator

By the way, I am not willing to try to get through to many on the left as well. See it more as me having some confidence in you. Also being of the left makes me more interested in left wing positions I don't agree with.

Of course the media and the Democrats are all trying to sabotage any chances of Trump running again with false stories and bold-faced lies.
Facts are facts, with evidence of those facts... y'all have none... The 1/6 investigation has plenty...

It's why the republicans did not want a 911 independent investigation and why the Republicans didn't want the House investigation to happen

And why the Rs have worked so hard to bash and demean Cheney and Kinzinger and remove them from the RNC.

Facts are facts

. . . . and here are the facts:

The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence” By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6,

It is not only bad grammar, it defies credulity. How exactly is this "take control of" the country accomplished? For that to happen, the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA and all other agencies and law enforcement agencies would have to bow down to a group of guys who entered the Capitol. Because unless that happens, no overthrow is even possible, let alone intended.

That is the insanity of such a statement. The only way to see the capitol protest as a threat is to assume that the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA, etc. etc. are all going to start obeying them.

But of course,, they are not.

America is not some banana Republic were you can occupy the palace of Il Presidente and rule the country. A physical overthrow of America is not even possible. Thats why all the crying about it being the worst day ever is not believable.

There was no way they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. It was a riot. It was a dangerous riot. It should have never happened, and it should never happen again, but people should not be misled to think that the protestors were on the verge of overthrowing the government.

That's what its all about, souring the population in general on Republicans and Trump in particular. Its all word games, using words that resonate negatively with people.

Forum List

Back