Saying Jan 6 was an "Insurrection" is Bad Grammar

Not a Monkeys Uncle

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2022
The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence” By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6,

It is not only bad grammar, it defies credulity. How exactly is this "take control of" the country accomplished? For that to happen, the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA and all other agencies and law enforcement agencies would have to bow down to a group of guys who entered the Capitol. Because unless that happens, no overthrow is even possible, let alone intended.

That is the insanity of such a statement. The only way to see the capitol protest as a threat is to assume that the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA, etc. etc. are all going to start obeying them.

But of course,, they are not.

America is not some banana Republic were you can occupy the palace of Il Presidente and rule the country. A physical overthrow of America is not even possible. Thats why all the crying about it being the worst day ever is not believable.

There was no way they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. It was a riot. It was a dangerous riot. It should have never happened, and it should never happen again, but people should not be misled to think that the protestors were on the verge of overthrowing the government.

The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence” By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6,

It is not only bad grammar, it defies credulity. How exactly is this "take control of" the country accomplished? For that to happen, the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA and all other agencies and law enforcement agencies would have to bow down to a group of guys who entered the Capitol. Because unless that happens, no overthrow is even possible, let alone intended.

That is the insanity of such a statement. The only way to see the capitol protest as a threat is to assume that the military and the Supreme Court and the governors of the states and the White House and the FBI and the CIA and the NSA, etc. etc. are all going to start obeying them.

America is not some banana Republic were you can occupy the palace of Il Presidente and rule the country. A physical overthrow of America is not even possible. Thats why all the crying about it being the worst day ever is not believable.

There was no way they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. It was a riot. It was a dangerous riot. It should have never happened, and it should never happen again, but people should not be misled to think that the protestors were on the verge of overthrowing the government.
I thought they were off their rocker when Wolf Blitzer and Pelosi where calling it an insurrection with a straight face.
But when Biden started saying it was worse than 911 and Pearl Harbor.....it pretty much reached 5 Pinocchio status.

• Banned
I thought they were off their rocker when Wolf Blitzer and Pelosi where calling it an insurrection with a straight face.
But when Biden started saying it was worse than 911 and Pearl Harbor.....it pretty much reached 5 Pinocchio status.

They all coordinate

• Banned
NEW Jan 6 Footage Shows Police Being Friendly With Protestors

This footage has been all over the internet before. People laughing, shaking hands, taking selfies. It was a Patriot Party ruined by ANTIFA and BLM thugs. Just like they turned peaceful protests into riots all summer when the sun went down.

• Banned
"Words" are what make up the law, and words are used to accuse and convict people of crimes.
Words are how people communicate.
Using wrong words can have devastating effects.
Words are used for propaganda. They sway opinions.

J6 Reichstag Fire

Unless the group of guys who entered the Capitol were just the diversion and delaying tactic. Delay the certification and then replace the electors from a half a dozen states with the the fake electors that were sent in and BOOM you have now taken control of the country via illegal means.

Unless the group of guys who entered the Capitol were just the diversion and delaying tactic. Delay the certification and then replace the electors from a half a dozen states with the the fake electors that were sent in and BOOM you have now taken control of the country via illegal means.

And at the same time prove the moon landings were fake and finally find the demolitions that took down the towers.

You must not have much faith in our institutions if you think it's that simple.

How does that tin foil hat fit today.

Russia Collusion anyone? Served fresh with a side of stupidity.

During the period of unconfirmed mail in ballots and ballot harvesting, where all the funny business happened in strong Dem controlled areas?

Yes.

Thanks for playing and proving my point for me. That was far too easy

I did not say they could have succeeded, just giving a scenario where what happened was an insurrection. The chances of it succeeding are irrelevant.

You have to be able to actually accomplish the crime to be charged with the crime.

Thanks for playing and proving my point for me. That was far too easy

What point?

I am not saying there was 100% cheating, I am saying I haven't been convinced there wasn't any cheating.

Sorry, but investigations led by the people being investigated do nothing for me.

Forum List

Back