Saving Our Colleges From the Leftists.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Seems to be a sort of societal realilty that over time products deteriorate far faster than their reputations.
Some product that earned its esteemed stature found it cheaper and simpler to cut corners and rely on its former image....e.g., Dell Computers.....

And so it is with our colleges and universities..... Contrary to what was once the case....it can easily be argued that the more years in the university in the study of the social sciences, the less wise one is.
It's due to the take-over by a particular political persuasion: Liberalism, and the doctrine that good intentions is more important than truth, honesty or results.

a. In academia, truth has fallen in priority to ideology, also known as the ‘greater truth’ of pre-formed conclusions. A case in point is climate change. Normal science discovers facts, and then constructs a theory from those facts. ‘Post-modern science’ starts with a theory that is politically sensitive, and then makes up facts to influence opinion in its favor.
"The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle over God, Truth, and Power," By Melanie Phillips

2. Did I say the study of social sciences? It is just as dismal in the sciences.....and for the same reason.

Mike Hulme is Professor of Climate Change in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia (UEA), [http://mikehulme.org/] and was good enough to reveal the truth in the Guardian, 2007:

“…this particular mode of scientific activity… has been labelled "post-normal" science. Climate change seems to fall in this category. Disputes in post-normal science focus as often on the process of science - who gets funded, who evaluates quality, who has the ear of policy - as on the facts of science…. Self-evidently dangerous climate change will not emerge from a normal scientific process of truth seeking,… scientists - and politicians - must trade (normal) truth for influence. If scientists want to remain listened to, to bear influence on policy, they must recognise the social limits of their truth seeking and reveal fully the values and beliefs they bring to their scientific activity…. Climate change is too important to be left to scientists - least of all the normal ones.”
The appliance of science

Get that??? The Global Warming Scam isn't science: "...scientists - and politicians - must trade (normal) truth for influence."

3. Historian scholar Victor Davis Hanson recognizes the current state of our colleges...and the students that move through them....and posits a number of problems and solutions.

Hanson hits the high notes immediately..."...we hear constantly about how poorly educated are today's graduates and how few well-paying jobs await them. The cost of college is a national scandal. Collective student loan debt in America is about $1.2 trillion. Campus political correctness is now daily news."
Victor Davis Hanson - Can Our Colleges be Saved?

4.And he provides solutions. He points out the SAT and ACT examinations as attempts to identify college-eligible students, "assessed on their aptitude for college -- without the old-boy, establishment prejudices of class, gender and race".....and suggests similar testing upon graduation: "Would such blind exams also work in reverse as national college exit tests? Could bachelor's degrees be predicated on certifying that graduates possess a minimum level of common knowledge?"

And.....if grads from small, unknown colleges out perform the name universities......what would that entail????

A reformation in who runs the education industry....and what they prioritize?

Could be????

Look, everyone, it's the Moonie Mail-Order Bride Manifesto. One where Victor Hanson Davis is called a "Historian" instead of a "Hack"

Okay, let's try to treat this one seriously. There's a lot of criticism that can be made of modern colleges. They take themselves so fucking seriously. They also do a TERRIBLE job of preparing kids for working out in the world and providing a living for a family. I know, I often end up having to rework their resumes after they get the paint-by-numbers one that university provides that produces no callbacks.

But the problem isn't the stage, it's the players. EVERYONE thinks he can change the world at 18. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

However, the dumbest fucks of all that I ever encounter are the ones who graduate from places like Wheaton College where they teach kids Talking Snakes were a real thing.

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Temperature
there you go since climate change isn't real this graph is a lie?
These are facts you can deny them as much as you want , but that doesn't make it any less true

1. Are you that dumb???
The Global Warming scientist at East Anglia admitted that global warming isn't based on science.
Mike Hulme is Professor of Climate Change in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia (UEA), [http://mikehulme.org/]
Self-evidently dangerous climate change will not emerge from a normal scientific process of truth seeking,… scientists - and politicians - must trade (normal) truth for influence. If scientists want to remain listened to, to bear influence on policy, they must recognise the social limits of their truth seeking and reveal fully the values and beliefs they bring to their scientific activity…. Climate change is too important to be left to scientists - least of all the normal ones.”
The appliance of science

2. "Satellite Data Shows No Global Warming For Nearly 19 Years"
Satellite Data Shows No Global Warming For Nearly 19 Years

Let me take a guess....you're a government school grad.
True?

Look, everyone, it's the Moonie Mail-Order Bride Manifesto. One where Victor Hanson Davis is called a "Historian" instead of a "Hack"

Okay, let's try to treat this one seriously. There's a lot of criticism that can be made of modern colleges. They take themselves so fucking seriously. They also do a TERRIBLE job of preparing kids for working out in the world and providing a living for a family. I know, I often end up having to rework their resumes after they get the paint-by-numbers one that university provides that produces no callbacks.

But the problem isn't the stage, it's the players. EVERYONE thinks he can change the world at 18. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

However, the dumbest fucks of all that I ever encounter are the ones who graduate from places like Wheaton College where they teach kids Talking Snakes were a real thing.

I've seen your posts......you must be one of those Wheaton College grads, huh?

And....just in case any readers don't recognize what a fool you are, and how brilliant Hanson is....

Awards and Honors:

Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in Opinion Journalism
(2002)

Statesmanship Award from the Claremont Institute
(2006)

National Humanities Medal
(2007)

Bradley Prize
(2008)

Biography:
Victor Davis Hanson is the Martin and Illie Anderson Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution; his focus is classics and military history.
Victor Davis Hanson

These are facts you can deny them as much as you want , but that doesn't make it any less true

1. Are you that dumb???
The Global Warming scientist at East Anglia admitted that global warming isn't based on science.
Mike Hulme is Professor of Climate Change in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia (UEA), [http://mikehulme.org/]
Self-evidently dangerous climate change will not emerge from a normal scientific process of truth seeking,… scientists - and politicians - must trade (normal) truth for influence. If scientists want to remain listened to, to bear influence on policy, they must recognise the social limits of their truth seeking and reveal fully the values and beliefs they bring to their scientific activity…. Climate change is too important to be left to scientists - least of all the normal ones.”
The appliance of science

True?
Lol this is a nasa site, if this is a conspiracy it's the weirdest one ever. The same data was available under Bush for instance. And as to your proof. If I look around a bit I can quite easily find ppl who think dinosaurs went on the ark. That doesn't mean anything. Claiming there are dissenters so it has to be untrue. Is about as dumb an assertion as there is.The OVERWHELMING consesus is that climate change is real. All data supports that conclusion you cannot say its not true without disregarding litterraly all that data.

Last edited:

You and other types of snakes are talking/typing all the time so I'd say the Bible got it right on that one.

1. Are you that dumb???
The appliance of science

True?
Lol this is a nasa site, if this is a conspiracy it's the weirdest one ever. The same data was available under Bush for instance. And as to your proof. If I look around a bit I can quite easily find ppl who think dinosaurs went on the ark. That doesn't mean anything. Claiming there are dissenters so it has to be untrue. Is about as dumb an assertion as there is.The OVERWHELMING consesus is that climate change is real. All data supports that conclusion you cannot say its not true without disregarding litterraly all that data.
I know. The dinosaurs would have been too heavy for the ark, which is why they got left behind. Only crocadiles and whales remain.

1. Are you that dumb???
The appliance of science

True?

So....you are a government school indoctrinee.

That explains it.

Now....about that idea of seeking proof of education......

5. " Lawyers with degrees can only practice after passing bar exams. Doctors cannot practice medicine upon the completion of M.D. degrees unless they are board certified. Why can't undergraduate degrees likewise be certified?

What would happen if some students from less prestigious state schools graduated from college with higher exit-test scores than the majority of Harvard and Yale graduates? What if students still did not test any higher in analytics and vocabulary after thousands of dollars and several years of lectures and classroom hours?

Would administrators be forced to acknowledge that their campuses had price-gouged students but imparted to them little in return?"
Hanson, Op.Cit.

And if these exams don't show benefits of paying for these vaunted universities......wouldn't it reveal that Liberal ownership of the industry was not about education...but with some other aim?

Like, say......indoctrination?

I've seen your posts......you must be one of those Wheaton College grads, huh?

Except I dance circles around you, Mail Order Bride from Hell.

How's the OCD Treatment going?

And....just in case any readers don't recognize what a fool you are, and how brilliant Hanson is....

Awards and Honors:

Republican Propagandist: Is Victor Davis Hanson a Hack or Merely an Incompetent Pundit

This line from your link verifies what I said about both Hanson and about you.

"President Obama has made some mistakes."

Any viewing his unbroken string of failures of domestic policy, and same with foreign policy blunders, will recognize the limited veracity in your link.

And...viewing your posts....the very same conclusion will be reached.

1. Are you that dumb???
Self-evidently dangerous climate change will not emerge from a normal sceintific process of truth seeking,… scientists - and politicians - must trade (normal) truth for influence. If scientists want to remain listened to, to bear influence on policy, they must recognise the social limits of their truth seeking and reveal fully the values and beliefs they bring to their scientific activity…. Climate change is too important to be left to scientists - least of all the normal ones.”
The appliance of science

True?

So....you are a government school indoctrinee.

That explains it.
wow, one of us is indoctrinated. I am capable of facing facts even if they go against my feelings. You come up with a substanciated fact or scientific consensus and I'll listen and even change my mind, without ever having to call anybody indoctrinated. That's basicly what happens in science.You have an hypothesis, you try to find a way to test that hypothesis,you see if that test comes out with the expected result. That hypothesis is correct. And that process is repeated, often by other ppl and with different tests so you can reach a consensus. That's how you do it.
If I realy have to explain to you that dinosaurs and man never coexisted, I'm sorry there wouldn't be any point, because that would make you a religious zealot and you can't argue with extremists.Or like you like to call it , indoctrinated ppl.

This line from your link verifies what I said about both Hanson and about you.

"President Obama has made some mistakes."

Any viewing his unbroken string of failures of domestic policy, and same with foreign policy blunders, will recognize the limited veracity in your link.

And...viewing your posts....the very same conclusion will be reached.

Yawn... sorry, most of us are better off than we were in 2008 when your boy Bush fucked everything up. I just had my best year, EVER.

But no doubt, when the Reality TV Rodeo Clown goes down to defeat, you will be scratching your head, blaming "Campus Indoctrination" or some such shit for why he lost.

slothysloth.jpg

Now....about that idea of seeking proof of education......

5. " Lawyers with degrees can only practice after passing bar exams. Doctors cannot practice medicine upon the completion of M.D. degrees unless they are board certified. Why can't undergraduate degrees likewise be certified?

Uh, 96,000 Americans die every year due to medical mistakes. thousands of people are in prison for crimes they didn't commit because their lawyers were incompetent. Some are even on death row. Passing an exam doesn't necessarily mean one is qualified.

Here's the thing. In my industry, 90% of the positions require a college degree. I know people who have 20 years experience, and they can't get an interview because they lack one. Conversely, I know college kids who come out and they really don't know anything.

So what does a bachelor's degree actually measure? It measure your ability to commit to something and complete it. And that's about it.

Forum List

Back