Urban Education

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I recently read that urban education is the toughest path for educators, but also the most important. Agree? Disagree?

I recently read that urban education is the toughest path for educators, but also the most important. Agree? Disagree?
Maybe if you weren't such a dick and conversation killer people would reply.

Why is it tough? Please explain what you mean so I can tell you to mind your own fucking business. Are you black? Are you an urban educator?

Please first explain why "urban" kids are tougher to teach you fucking coward hypocrite and closet bigot

Why is it tough? Please explain what you mean so I can tell you to mind your own fucking business. Are you black? Are you an urban educator?

Please first explain why "urban" kids are tougher to teach you fucking coward hypocrite and closet bigot

I believe I have told you several times that I am an American of Irish heritage.

Kids attending schools in urban districts often face every obstacle to success you can imagine, and many more that you can't. To see kids striving to fulfill their potential despite all that is beyond inspirational.

I believe I have told you several times that I am an American of Irish heritage.
And I believe that others have told you, repeatedly, that you are a dick. Your incredibly superficial approach to this issue, which many people do actually care about, is deeply offensive.

"Superficial"?

No one cares about it more than I do.

"Superficial"?

No one cares about it more than I do.
Sure can't tell. Do tell. We've been BEGGING you to tell us anything. We are all fucking ears.

Or, do you want me to start so you can just make a fucking snarky comment.

I swear to god you fucking asshole I would probably agree with you when you tell me I'm wrong but you seem to be a fucking retard who is incapable of understanding how these message boards work and how you are supposed to communicate with people.

Seriously, what is it? Are you a little stupid? Are you a bad typer? Do you like being a dick?

Kids attending schools in urban districts often face every obstacle to success you can imagine, and many more that you can't. To see kids striving to fulfill their potential despite all that is beyond inspirational.
You don't have to tell me I lived in it. The year we left 1978 my middle school was one of the top ten worst schools in the city of Detroit. I couldn't agree more those kids are at a huge disadvantage.

I like someone earlier suggested a little social engineering.

I would love to see when trump Bernie or hillary bring jobs back to America, ID like to see them open shop in or around poor communities and make an effort to hire the natives

It can be extremely tough growing up in some urban environments but as far as I'm concerned once students set foot inside their school, they should be entering an entirely different world. One where they are safe, cared for, nurtured, educated, and respected in an orderly structured environment.

Unfortunately, many schools are filled with students that bring all the baggage of their urban environments to class with them. And their parents don't give a shit. Teachers become the abused and they can't do anything to defend themselves or mete out punishment.

It can be extremely tough growing up in some urban environments but as far as I'm concerned once students set foot inside their school, they should be entering an entirely different world. One where they are safe, cared for, nurtured, educated, and respected in an orderly structured environment.

Unfortunately, many schools are filled with students that bring all the baggage of their urban environments to class with them. And their parents don't give a shit. Teachers become the abused and they can't do anything to defend themselves or mete out punishment.
And it's really on the parents. Or at least should be.

Most of the inspirational ones unkotard is talking about usually have 1 good parent two if they are lucky.

For example Ben carson had one good parent and he happened to be gifted. Smarter than the average student.

Anyways, so I love love love your idea that schools need to be places that are safe and nurturing. Do you know who's doing this? Charter schools. I don't love charter schools but I like them better than inner city public schools. They insist students try and the parents actually care enough to pull them out of public school and put them in charter.

So what do we do about the kids who have 2 bad parents?

... They insist students try and the parents actually care enough to pull them out of public school and put them in charter.....

Lots of inner city public schools insist students try, and lots of their parents are quite concerned and involved.

You don't have to tell me I lived in it. ...

Not like I'm talking about, you didn't.
My parents didn't have jobs when they had me and my bro. My dad's restaurant didn't work out. We lived at home with my grandmother. Like a lot of Detroit blacks my Greek immigrant dad got a job at Ford and we got out. My grandmother's restaurant was in a nice neighborhood but it turned into ghetto and she got robbed too many times she didn't make squat selling it. She spent the next 20 or so years working at big boy restaurant. Still she paid off her home and had $100k when she died. All on minimum wage. My dad never made more than $12 still he saved hundreds of thousands of dollars and has 2 homes.

There is no question having good parents is very very important. Getting out of Detroit was the best thing we ever did. I don't know why anyone stays.

And keep in mind Detroit is huge. Downtown is cool and there are some cool hip neighborhoods like where jroc lives but there are lots of neighborhoods where things are very bad. Can't imagine being a child living there and I was a child living there! After the 68 riots things went downhill and I was there till 78. My grandmother never moved. She was the only white in the neighborhood till she died in 2010. She got mugged twice in her 70s and 80s. Imagine the kind of person that would do that.

But her immediate neighbors were wonderful people

You don't have to tell me I lived in it. ...

Not like I'm talking about, you didn't.
My parents didn't have jobs when they had me and my bro. My dad's restaurant didn't work out. We lived at home with my grandmother. Like a lot of Detroit blacks my Greek immigrant dad got a job at Ford and we got out. ....

Like I said, not like I'm talking about.

So what do we do about the kids who have 2 bad parents?
I'd be happy to contribute further, but first you should apologize to Uncle Unkie. :slap:
If his behavior improves and he shows he is able to have a normal conversation, rather than just call me a racist, you'll see I'm capable of having a conversation without insulting him

Stop being a racist and we'l go from there.
I'll try.

So what should we do about kids with two bad parents?

Forum List

Back