Challenging stereotypes

Palestinian wins $1m global teaching prize - BBC News

This story doesnt fit the prevailing narrative.
You'll be attacked for helping to dismantle the fairy tale of white/western superiority.

what does "white western" superiority have to do with a teacher who won a prize.
I got really bad news for you-----from the standpoint of the "science" of
ANTHROPOLOGY-----palestinians arabs are WHITE WESTERNERS ------Islam is
a WESTERN RELIGION. The "brown" race is a british construct.
Try telling a PALESTINIAN ARAB -----that he is not "white"------More bad
news------arabs refer to subsaharan blacks as ------ABED (slave---or more
strictly speaking "slave caste") --- the committee that designated the prize probably does not have YOUR world view and was just as likely to hand the prize to
a Sudanese lady who happened to be a good teacher

There are both UN and PA run preparatory schools in the West Bank, and the UN schools regularly out-perform the PA schools. I have no idea which type of school our Teacher of the Year teaches in.

I'm certainly glad to see a focus on education in that part of the world, because there is nothing more important for the desperately needed social evolution of the region. A great deal of what I have heard about the textbooks used throughout the Middle East leaves me with grave doubts as to the openness of the educational process there, and of course groups like the Taliban are famous for shooting young girls in the head and throwing acid in their faces for daring to attend school. I assume that this is the "prevailing narrative" you refer to?

Forum List

Back