Saudi Arabia considering pricing oil in YUAN instead of DOLLAR

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas

Saudi and Chinese officials are in talks to price some of the Gulf nation’s oil sales in yuan rather than dollars or euros, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The two nations have intermittently discussed the matter for six years, but talks have reportedly stepped up in 2022, with Riyadh disgruntled over the United States' nuclear negotiations with Iran and its lack of backing for Saudi Arabia's military operation in neighboring Yemen.

Nearly 80 percent of global oil sales are priced in dollars, and since the mid-1970s the Saudis have exclusively used the dollar for oil trading as part of a security agreement with the U.S. government, according to the Journal.

Welp, it's all over for America now. Thoughts?

I have been told over and over that this would never happen. Again, I've noted that it was coming for years now.

As a side story to this discussion. My buddy listens to talk radio at his garage. I spend a good bit of time there and I have to cringe quite often but it's his garage.

Glenn Beck was having a discussion concerning Saudi Arabia turning away from the dollar. They were noting what the Democrats were doing to bring that about. One thing they noted was how upset S.A. was that we left Afghanistan. I thought to myself how that was Trump that at least set that into motion.

Saudi and Chinese officials are in talks to price some of the Gulf nation’s oil sales in yuan rather than dollars or euros, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The two nations have intermittently discussed the matter for six years, but talks have reportedly stepped up in 2022, with Riyadh disgruntled over the United States' nuclear negotiations with Iran and its lack of backing for Saudi Arabia's military operation in neighboring Yemen.

Nearly 80 percent of global oil sales are priced in dollars, and since the mid-1970s the Saudis have exclusively used the dollar for oil trading as part of a security agreement with the U.S. government, according to the Journal.

Another Biden accomplishment.

Xi made a great buy when he bought Biden.

Not the first time this has happened yet they still use the US dollar as a benchmark.

The Hill always brings negative propaganda to the table. China is gorging on Saudi oil.

Attachments

• laughing-putin.gif
    laughing-putin.gif
    305.3 KB · Views: 39
It's still the same. We go through exchange rates for them or they go through exchange rates for us. Money still comes out the same.

The more subtle story though is America now no longer matters enough for them to us dollars. It's a small sign we're losing influence and consideration of other countries.

I have been told over and over that this would never happen. Again, I've noted that it was coming for years now.

As a side story to this discussion. My buddy listens to talk radio at his garage. I spend a good bit of time there and I have to cringe quite often but it's his garage.

Glenn Beck was having a discussion concerning Saudi Arabia turning away from the dollar. They were noting what the Democrats were doing to bring that about. One thing they noted was how upset S.A. was that we left Afghanistan. I thought to myself how that was Trump that at least set that into motion.
No mention of Biden's dissing the Saud's several times publicly either. Now they won't answer Biden's phone calls.
Talk about Trump's foreign policy.....LOL

No mention of Biden's dissing the Saud's several times publicly either. Now they won't answer Biden's phone calls.

I didn't vote for Biden so I have no reason to twist what he does in a hypocritical way that was done in what I relayed.

I am old enough to remember when the phrase "reportedly" was said to be the sign of fake news.

Now those same people treat it like it came from Moses himself.

Partisanship sucks....reason number 1245

Biden is just carrying out Obama's 3rd term. The same disastrous policies the destabilized The Middle East and caused the current conflict in Ukraine were initiated by Obama-Clinton-Biden, and restarted and continued on under Biden-Harris.

Glenn Beck? Now I'm not so worried. lol

Seriously, the debt we ran up under Trump in an expansion actually argues for abortion ... of Trump. But, the yuan is not really an issue. The chinese don't allow it to float, so no one in their right mind would use it as a reserve currency. We'd be better off with gold, and that didn't work out well.

MbS is stamping his feet for attention. And people in biden's admin somehow think he's worse then Iran

Glenn Beck? Now I'm not so worried. lol

Seriously, the debt we ran up under Trump in an expansion actually argues for abortion ... of Trump. But, the yuan is not really an issue. The chinese don't allow it to float, so no one in their right mind would use it as a reserve currency. We'd be better off with gold, and that didn't work out well.

MbS is stamping his feet for attention. And people in biden's admin somehow think he's worse then Iran
That debt was under dem congressional control. The same dems that wouldn't allow a Trump win under any scenario.

Don't think for an instant Ivan and Xi wouldn't kick the dollar off the stool.

Forum List

Back