CDZ SAT losing favor in Massachusetts schools.

Studies have shown that eliminating the SAT requirement does not appear to reduce the quality of incoming students. An independent study released in 2014 found that students who do not submit SAT scores, presumably because they think it would hurt their chance of being accepted, wind up doing just as well as their classmates.

SAT losing favor as more Mass. colleges end requirement - The Boston Globe
Its a money making racket that is losing its influence since it scores were closely tied to income levels. Now its losing its effect as a security blanket for whites with an inferiority complex that used it make themselves feel like they were more intelligent.

These four charts show how the SAT favors rich, educated families

The SAT is racist?

good lord

Do either of you eat potatoes? If so, do you know that it's racist to do so?

Potatoes are dark on the outside and white on the inside. to eat it you have to use a special blade to peel away the nasty dark skin and toss it in the garbage.

and that's racist, obviously

The SAT is racist?

good lord

Potatoes are dark on the outside and white on the inside. to eat it you have to use a special blade to peel away the nasty dark skin and toss it in the garbage.

Strawman. Who said the SAT was racist?

The SAT is racist?

good lord

Its a money making racket that is losing its influence since it scores were closely tied to income levels. Now its losing its effect as a security blanket for whites with an inferiority complex that used it make themselves feel like they were more intelligent...... Asclepias

you did

The SAT is racist?

good lord

Its a money making racket that is losing its influence since it scores were closely tied to income levels. Now its losing its effect as a security blanket for whites with an inferiority complex that used it make themselves feel like they were more intelligent...... Asclepias

you did
Where did you the word racist in there? I know I dont see it nor remember typing it.

The SAT is racist?

good lord

you did
Where did you the word racist in there? I know I dont see it nor remember typing it.
trolling some more

good day

The SAT is racist?

good lord

you did
trolling some more

good day
Its not trolling because you assumed something I didnt say. You must have a hard time talking to people. Do you always accuse people of saying things they didnt say? :laugh:

This trend has been going on for some years. College guys are smart enough to have studied data on incoming freshmen with the data four or five years later at graduation and found that SAT/ACT scores are useless predictors.

More recently, analysis of the social capital required to invest in a college application -- not to mention the financial capital -- prejudices poor and minority students with talent while privileging well-off whites even if they are numb as posts.

In response, a small but growing number of colleges are allowing students to apply via selfie. It sounds ridiculous but a three minute cellphone message about why you want to go to a college tells more and more honestly than a student essay often coached if not written by Mom and Dad.

The bottom line: the disproportionate market influence on higher education makes the situation worse in many of the same ways that the market influence on medical care does. I say no more, I say no more....

Can buy your way to a great SAT score the test is nonsense

SAT Prep Courses - Online and Classroom | Kaplan Test Prep
Not so much for lower income families. The phrase "the rich get richer" comes to mind here. Easy access to information has always been a luxury for the wealthy.
At a starting rate of $749 per course what you suggest is an excuse for failing and a chance to get a hand out. The tuition is not out of reach at all.

Not so much for lower income families. The phrase "the rich get richer" comes to mind here. Easy access to information has always been a luxury for the wealthy.
At a starting rate of $749 per course what you suggest is an excuse for failing and a chance to get a hand out. The tuition is not out of reach at all.
Tell that to families that cant afford it.

I was one of them and I found a way.

Thats great. Now show me where everyone else has the same situation you did.

You floated a scenario and I lived it simple as that. Stop expanding it to meet your failed attempt at terminal uniqueness.

You floated a scenario and I lived it simple as that. Stop expanding it to meet your failed attempt at terminal uniqueness.
I didnt float a scenario. I said tell that to the people that cant afford it. Evidently you could afford it.

I didnt float a scenario. I said tell that to the people that cant afford it. Evidently you could afford it.
not without a great deal of sacrifice including missed meals and late rent. People white, black, brown and yellow are all subject to money problems.

Now I am a rich white dude, not really white but it gets me into country clubs so yes I can afford no problem now.

not without a great deal of sacrifice including missed meals and late rent. People white, black, brown and yellow are all subject to money problems.

Now I am a rich white dude, not really white but it gets me into country clubs so yes I can afford no problem now.
Youre suggesting people miss meals and not pay their rent to pay for a course? Thats pretty amusing. If thats your thought process I dont believe you are rich.

Youre suggesting people miss meals and not pay their rent to pay for a course? Thats pretty amusing. If thats your thought process I dont believe you are rich.
No I am not suggesting that I made a choice to do that. I do not care whether you believe I am rich those that know me are aware of how I live.

Forum List

Back