What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarongs as decor

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just hung my sarong drapes. And the oblong body pillow is covered in yet another sarong as a pillow case.

I collect sarongs. I knew I would use them for something besides on the room divider. :lol:

rm1x55.jpg

2pzy2ao.jpg

2nukrv5.jpg

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Scarves too. The middle one is not a sarong. It's a big scarf with fringe. I got all of them at the thrift store. To make them have some kind of consistency, I folded them all in half length wise, then cut them in half so each side would match. The sarong pillow I did the same thing but just sewed the edges and now I have a nice pillow case. The center pillow is from a glass mirrored sari that was torn up but still had a big enough area to make a pillow.
Ah. My comfy cozy room!

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just hung my sarong drapes. And the oblong body pillow is covered in yet another sarong as a pillow case.

I collect sarongs. I knew I would use them for something besides on the room divider. :lol:

rm1x55.jpg

2pzy2ao.jpg

2nukrv5.jpg

Beauteous. :bow3:

Except for the TV talking head. Lose dat thing.

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Reaction score

rm1x55.jpg

2pzy2ao.jpg

2nukrv5.jpg

This is very beautiful Gracie.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah..the blue and black one on each side of the middle panel is a scarf too. That one was a bitch to cut in half cuz it was not very wide.

I

Indofred

You should come to Indonesia - Sarongs are very popular here, and you'll find many hand painting designer workshops.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You should come to Indonesia - Sarongs are very popular here, and you'll find many hand painting designer workshops.
I used to get my supply from Bali when I had my shop. Then for a long time, I got out of that mode and went straight Native American decor due to my husband. I no longer have a retailer license, so I find them where I can...cheap. Usually yard sales and thrift shops.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I need more though. I only have two left and they are ugly. I want them (different ones) for the dining room chairs.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I could contact a supplier on ebay but...I don't want to pay 15 to 25 bucks per sarong for the thicker rayon ones...which are what are hanging in my window now. The el cheapos I can get for 3 to 4 bucks each but they are ugly and very thin. So..I just go hunting at thrift shops. Scarves are great too. I use them for everything. I even attach the longer ones to the patio umbrella outside during the summer for privacy from the neighbors if I want to lay under there and take a nap.

beach-souvenir-tent-at-resort-in-barbados-west-indies-caribbean-towels-by7xa9.jpg

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
But my hidey hole out there during the hottest part of the summer usually looks like this

x354-q80.jpg

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$270.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List