Sarah Palin being considered for Secretary of Veterans Affairs

I think she'd be great pick if for no other reason to drive the moonbats even crazier.

You know it has occurred to me that he is picking people who have been demonized by the libtards! I wonder if that is by design?

Yes that's it. Fuck qualifications.
Well if qualifications is what got this country almost destroyed, then a little bit of common sense will go a heck of a long way towards bringing it back. The kinds of qualifications libs have put in place, have been the kind that makes a nation stop to pause big time, because the hurt this nation has experienced in mind, body and soul should send anyone running from the liberal agenda for the next 100 years.

Agent Orange naming Palin would be an insult to vets. What else should we expect from a person who trashed POWs. Wll POWs be alowd at the VA under Trump? Will they have to use the back door?

Donald Trump said POWs were not heroes. Trump, a man who never served had the balls to trash John McCain & you whiny fucks love him.

You don't know what you're talking about. bedwetter
:lmao:

Nice try but we are talking about the man for whom you voted. Why did you support such a person that trashed POWs?

A man who never served & never cared about the military who trashed our Generals when he claimed he knew more about ISIS than they did. He might as well screamed " Our military is stupid".

You petend patriots make me sick.

Simple truth: Being a POW doesn't make a person a hero and some Generals (like other politicians) are very very stupid. Stating simple truth is not "trashing" anybody. Another simple truth is that anyone who would appoint John Kerry to any government position is going to earn the scorn of veterans and active military. Also someone needs to make Hillary aware that children throwing flowers is not actual sniper fire.

Another POW basher & calling the military stupid all to defend their orange buddy. John Kerry served, he volunteered for dangerous duty in Vietnam. Kerry is a prime example of how asshats like you trash veterans. And Clinton landed under the threat of sniper fire.

John McCain flew dangerous missions over enemy territory under enemy fire & you & your orange fuckhead buddy claim that he is not a hero. WOW.

I'm a veteran ...

John Kerry, on the other hand, doesn't deserve the title of veteran. He is, and was, a self serving egotist focused only on enhancing his own career while willingly, and intentionally, sacrificing his men in order to forward his career goals.

He is an embarrassment to the veteran community.

I'm a retired US Navy sailor, with over 20 years of service, and I respectfully disagree with you.

ANYONE who has served a full term and was discharged with Under Honorable Conditions discharge or better, gets to have the title of veteran. They earned it, regardless of what I think of their politics.

There are people on this board who are also veterans and we disagree quite a bit, but we recognize each others service and honor that part of them, if not the rest.

You should do so as well, even if you don't like Kerry. He served the time, he's a vet.

You don't know what you're talking about. bedwetter
:lmao:

Nice try but we are talking about the man for whom you voted. Why did you support such a person that trashed POWs?

A man who never served & never cared about the military who trashed our Generals when he claimed he knew more about ISIS than they did. He might as well screamed " Our military is stupid".

Simple truth: Being a POW doesn't make a person a hero and some Generals (like other politicians) are very very stupid. Stating simple truth is not "trashing" anybody. Another simple truth is that anyone who would appoint John Kerry to any government position is going to earn the scorn of veterans and active military. Also someone needs to make Hillary aware that children throwing flowers is not actual sniper fire.

Another POW basher & calling the military stupid all to defend their orange buddy. John Kerry served, he volunteered for dangerous duty in Vietnam. Kerry is a prime example of how asshats like you trash veterans. And Clinton landed under the threat of sniper fire.

John McCain flew dangerous missions over enemy territory under enemy fire & you & your orange fuckhead buddy claim that he is not a hero. WOW.

I'm a veteran ...

John Kerry, on the other hand, doesn't deserve the title of veteran. He is, and was, a self serving egotist focused only on enhancing his own career while willingly, and intentionally, sacrificing his men in order to forward his career goals.

I'm a retired US Navy sailor, with over 20 years of service, and I respectfully disagree with you.

ANYONE who has served a full term and was discharged with Under Honorable Conditions discharge or better, gets to have the title of veteran. They earned it, regardless of what I think of their politics.

There are people on this board who are also veterans and we disagree quite a bit, but we recognize each others service and honor that part of them, if not the rest.

You should do so as well, even if you don't like Kerry. He served the time, he's a vet.

I disagree ... it has nothing to do with politics.

It has to do with his performance AS a veteran. He has forfeited my respect. (The operative word is "honor")

You should do so as well, even if you don't like Kerry. He served the time, he's a vet."

Really? In my opinion he earned some honor for serving (poorly). Also in my opinion there has never been an American who has so dishonored and disrespected those he would claim as "brothers-in-arms" and he did knowingly and maliciously. Benedict Arnold deserves to be honored more than Kerry. I am one of the Vietnam vets he lied about and I fondly hope to piss on his grave.

They are not serious

They are only bringing up Sarah Palin to piss off liberals

I'm a veteran ...

I disagree ... it has nothing to do with politics.

It has to do with his performance AS a veteran. He has forfeited my respect. (The operative word is "honor")

You gotta admit if you're being honest, that there are people currently in the military and those who have served honorably and gotten out, who were pretty crappy human beings. I had a LT on my first ship who was a ring knocker who thought he knew everything (he didn't), as well as have worked with enlisted people who did their job, did it fairly well, but were miserable to be around.

Even though I didn't like those people and thought they were piss poor excuses for human beings, I still recognized their service as veterans if they had a General Under Honorable Conditions or better discharge.

The only ones I don't consider veterans are those whose DD214s say General Under Other Than Honorable Conditions (OTH), Bad Conduct Discharge (BCD, also known as Big Chicken Dinner), or Dishonorable, because the military said they didn't recognize their service as honorable.

Everyone else? If the military recognizes their service as Honorable, that's good enough for me, even if I don't like them.

You should do so as well, even if you don't like Kerry. He served the time, he's a vet."

Really? In my opinion he earned some honor for serving (poorly). Also in my opinion there has never been an American who has so dishonored and disrespected those he would claim as "brothers-in-arms" and he did knowingly and maliciously. Benedict Arnold deserves to be honored more than Kerry. I am one of the Vietnam vets he lied about and I fondly hope to piss on his grave.
Bullshit. Kerry testified to atrocities & yes there were atrocities.

[
And the causes for the economic collapse began before the even stepped into office. The 110th Congress had nothing to do with great recession.

That is a moronic claim, despite the kernel of truth to it. To be sure, our doom was set when we comoditized residential mortgage backed securities, coupled with mandates to grant loans to unqualified buyers based on racial quotas (before you lie, I will remind you that Janet Reno was the first AG to ever file civil suit and did so to force greater CRA compliance.) CRMBS took the direct risk out of making bad loans, giving rise to insane ARM's and the "liars loan" programs. Hey, want a a million dollar home, but have no income? No problem, tell em' Bill Clinton sent you.

I'll be happy to discuss the foundation causes of the housing collapse with you. You can grab Toro if you like, I will happily admit he is the one person on the board with greater knowledge of the situation than I. But then, you won't find much support for your false dialogue...
Yet another dumbass whiner who blames the CRA.

You have ZERO clue what the CRA did. The CRA said that in the institutions neighborhood, if a person who might not have enough for a traditional mortgage, they reduce the terms by lowering the rate or downpayment. But the people stlll had to show they could pay back the loan. The CRA did not force banks to loan money to those who could not pay it back.

The real problem had nothing to do with the CRA but rather mortgage sellers making sales to people they knew could not pay it back because they sold those mortgages to investment companies who rolled them up in mortgage based securities & then paid money for a triple A rating.

All made possible through the deregulation pushed by Republicans.

YAWN

Did Janet Reno sue Countrywide in 1998? Was it because Countrywide failed to meet racial goals in lending? Did this force the entire industry to lower requirements for obtaining residential mortgages?

You are a hack, but lies are not a substitute for knowledge, regardless of what the hate sites train you to say.
The banks that were redlining lost in court. You can't deny a loan to a black family when you give a loan to a white family when they had equivalent financials.

It did not force anyone to lower rates across the board.

You people are sofa king stupid that I am surprise you can manage to exist at all.

Maybe Trump should hire Palin to run his business empire. I mean he says that he wants to step aside on that, and Sarah is obviously intelligent enough to be president of the USA, or the republicans would not have nominated her for VP a while back! :lmao::lmao:

Bullshit. Kerry testified to atrocities & yes there were atrocities.

Absolutely, and by far the vast majority were committed by the VC and NVA. His testimony along with that of his "Winter Soldier" brothers was thoroughly investigated by the CID and not one actual atrocity was found unless you count the pack of lies and misrepresentations made by Kerry and the "Winter Soldiers" and there were enough of those that even Hillary would have been proud (I suspect Kerry may have been her mentor).

That's ok :itsok: I understand how painful it is to righties when the economy improves with a Democrat in the White House.
Considering the fact that Democrats intentionally ruined the economy 10 years ago and we should be doing better.....I really don't see what you have to brag about after 8 years of poor growth and stagnant wages which doesn’t indicate a good ecomony. Not one time during Obama's administration did we go over 3%. Most of the time it was just above negative growth or at best 1.5% growth. That is why interest rates have been bottomed out......to keep from causing another recession.
You know you're insane, right? Democrats didn't control any part of government ten years ago. :cuckoo:

The Democrats were in control of the House and Senate beginning in January 2007--that was 10 years ago short a little less than two months. They retained that power until 2011 when the House returned to a GOP majority and 2015 when the Senate returned to a GOP majority.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but the Democrats have NOT done a good job with the economy either in the last two years of the GWB Administration or for the past eight years.

And none of that has absolutely anything to do with whether Sarah Palin would make a good administrator of veteran affairs as she had absolutely nothing at all to do with the U.S. economy during any of that period.
And the causes for the economic collapse began before the even stepped into office. The 110th Congress had nothing to do with great recession.

Yes they did. They didn't create the problem--it had been developing since the Carter Administration--but President Bush sent Congress warnings 21--count them--21 times that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in serious trouble and that a housing bubble crisis was imminent. And the Democrats, most prominently Chris Dodd and Barney Frank, went before the cameras each time to say that those institutions were just fine and there was no problem. And the GOP did not have the committee chairmanships or votes to do anything.

Had Congress acted in early to mid 2007 to correct the problems, we might never have had the collapse of 2008 or it would have been much less severe.

I think even Sarah Palin would have seen that. Which makes her a better choice for the V.A. and able to recognize and correct problems than any of the Democrats who refused to act.
Utter rightwing nonsense.

The problem did not begin 30 years earlier. That's nonsensical. Bush did warn Congress but still signed the American Dream Downpayment Act into law, which did contribute to the housing boom. And yes, Congress did ignore Bush's warnings, but Republicans were in charge of both chambers of Congress during the critical years of 2003-2006. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were on the wrong side of the issue but did not block Republicans from passing GSE reform. Barney Frank especially couldn't block anything in the House which had enough Republicans to pass any bill they wanted. The one GSE reform bill they did pass, Bush ripped into as insufficient. All of the GSE reform bills died in the Senate because Senate leadership wouldn't put them on the legislative calendar for a full up/down vote in the Senate. And lastly, it's beyond ridiculous to think Democrats, or anyone, could have prevented the meltdown in 2007. By 2007, the damage to the real estate markets was already done. By 2007, the vast majority of toxic loans that cratered the credit markets had already been written. There was no saving them then. The recession started at the end of 2007. By 2006, federal fund rates topped 5%, over-inflated housing prices began dropping, and some states were already reporting record numbers of foreclosures. By 2007, it was too late to avert the meltdown. Naive and uninformed thinking believes otherwise.

[
Rightard, it was a joke targeted at Bristol Palin, who was an adult at the time.

Bristol was not present, Comrade Pot.
This is yet another reason why you're such an idiot. Letterman apologized -- not just for the content of the joke, but because he based the joke on the knowledge that Sarah Palin went to a Yankee's game with her daughter, mistakenly and for which he took full responsibility, for assuming the daughter who accompanied Sarah to the game was Bristol as she was the daughter who was most often in the news; and for getting knocked up out of wedlock, despite the "family values" position of the right. Hence the joke, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez." Targeting Bristol made the joke contextually valid, if even in poor taste. But with Willow being the daughter at the game, and not Bristol, it made his comment highly offensive. For which, Letterman apologized...

The issue is the incessant demagoguery from you of the Khmer Rouge in your war on women. The call to rape a 14 year old is but one of a thousand instances. I actually find the dispatch of Creepy Joe McGinnis to stalk the Palin family far more disturbing. George Soros paid for a house next door to the Palin's so his agent could stalk and harass the entire family for two years. Straight out of the STASI playbook.

It doesn't bother you that your new Khmer Rouge uses methods identical to the KGB, Gestapo, and STASI, but it sure bothers decent people.
Again, no one called for a 14 year old to be raped. You only think that happened because you're a brain-dead knuckle-dragging lowbrow-troglodyte conservative.

You really ought to stick to subjects that you know at least a little bit about. I (like 99.9% of other Vietnam veterans) consider Kerry a coward, traitor and monumental sleeze who brought extreme discredit upon himself, the Navy, the military, and his Country.
McCain served courageously and with considerable distinction under extremely adverse circumstances. But that does not make him a hero. Trump is correct in that the act of surrender is not heroic.

" And Clinton landed under the threat of sniper fire."

Idiotic bullshit.
Speaking of idiotic bullshit....

99.9%, huh? You do know Kerry got 41% of the military vote, right?

No, I don't; neither do you. And the subject was Vietnam veterans in any case.
Sure I do...

CNN.com Election 2004

...and now, so do you.

Wrong. After this election only an idiot would take a CNN poll as anything more than a wild guess heavily weighted by their own agenda.
You don't know what you're talking about. CNN was not far off and within the margin of error

CNN .... Hillary: 49%; Trump: 44%
Actual ... Hillary: 48%; Trump: 46%

Their election map, which predicted Hillary ahead 268 to Trump's 204, not counting swing states too close to call, accurately predicted 48 out of 50 states and D.C.. And the 3 states they got wrong, Trump won by narrow margins.

Ha, this should really piss off the PDS (Palin Derangement Syndrome) nutters. Hitlery losing, now this? The hits just keep on coming for the poor bastids. Hilarious chit. Go Trump! :)

That is a moronic claim, despite the kernel of truth to it. To be sure, our doom was set when we comoditized residential mortgage backed securities, coupled with mandates to grant loans to unqualified buyers based on racial quotas (before you lie, I will remind you that Janet Reno was the first AG to ever file civil suit and did so to force greater CRA compliance.) CRMBS took the direct risk out of making bad loans, giving rise to insane ARM's and the "liars loan" programs. Hey, want a a million dollar home, but have no income? No problem, tell em' Bill Clinton sent you.

I'll be happy to discuss the foundation causes of the housing collapse with you. You can grab Toro if you like, I will happily admit he is the one person on the board with greater knowledge of the situation than I. But then, you won't find much support for your false dialogue...
I'm amazed there are retards who still blame the CRA for the economic collapse.

<smh>

Another subject you are fully out of your depth on.

I blame MBS, specifically CRMBS. That you are a hack with little to no grasp of the actual subject is why you jumped on CRA as the cause, rather than a factor. CRA is causative only in an incidental way. Clinton and Reno took to suing lending institutions that failed to meet the racial quotas set by the administration. That did not cause the housing bubble. What it did was sent the banksters scrambling for a way to make money on it. I make a distinction between MBS and CRMBS as anyone with a grasp of finance must. Mortgage backed securities have been around since the 60's. But these were based on COMMERCIAL property. The fact is the MBS was based on well secured paper. What changes was the bundling of RESIDENTIAL property into MBS packages, particularly intertrancheon securities. This masked the risk and allowed banks to make utterly absurd loans.
Moron, read your own post. I rebutted the CRA because you brought it up...

I will remind you that Janet Reno was the first AG to ever file civil suit and did so to force greater CRA compliance.

Yeah, ok... I guess you missed the point where Democrats have the lowest numbers since the twenties?

- Minority control of Senate
- Minority control of the house
- Minority control of governorship's including state houses
- Lost the presidency
- Will not be able to appoint judicial activists to the courts for possibly a decade or better

Yeah.... run with that.
The best thing about that....next 2-4 years is all on you guys.

Exactly. In some way, all we have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. They'll destroy the GOP from the inside, along with completely and totally dividing the nation. It's gonna be an absolute trainwreck....brace yourselves....

Talk's cheap ---- have a seat. Let the adults straighten out this mess you guys have made.
Mess??

Is that the message bouncing around the echo chamber? 4.9% unemployment? 72 consecutive months of job growth? Record high stock market? That's what rightwingnuts think is a "mess?"

Figures don't lie, but liars figure ....

Yeah, I'm talking about the big fucking mess made of this country by liberals so intent on increasing their power base, and inculcating their demands on the people.

If you like, I'll be more than happy to discuss the "numbers" ....
Discuss what you want, but the fact remains -- 4.9% unemployment, 72 consecutive months of job growth, and a record high stock market is not the definition of a mess.

If you want to see what a mess looks like, look at the end of 2008 and early 2009 when unemployment was 7.8% and growing, over million people became unemployed in January, 2009, and the stock market lost half of its valuation.

Trump needs to get a contract from Sarah, in order to keep her from quitting after she realizes that she will be given a basement office in the Pentagon, with no chance of getting richer.

You need to get material from somewhere other than ThinkProgress.

Boring and stupid is no way to win over the audience..
Here ... let Sarah speak for herself....

Forum List

Back