Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
The type of handgun that Lanza allegedly used ejects shells.....and they fly up....if you believe this 19 year old shrimp had a semi automatic and then used it to kill himself? That is your deal......
Shells don't eject into your face with any regularity, who could sell such a gun? I did have a .45acp round hit my forehead once, but only once. Were you doing the gansta sideways shooting?

Lanza used a handgun, not the AR. Yes, you can put a semi-auto round through your skull, why wouldn't you be able to?

As far as the OP, I believe the suit would only apply to Connecticut manufacturer, like Bushmaster (last I heard). Many of them are fleeing the north due to this sort of hostility. I don't see how a Connecticut ruling could effect another state. But as said, the suit will be a big loser for the idiots, the weapon, even if used, wasn't defective.

Make no mistake about it..............their agenda is to ban all guns here..............even though most of them deny it............

If they take the Supreme Court it will be a Kangaroo court and they will use Judicial Activism to get their way.......

Keep your powder dry...............they will be coming one day for all guns...................

and you'll meekly hand them over when they do.

Okay, time to talk seriously. This is about an industry and its conduct. There is no sane universe where giving Adam Lanza an AR-15 was EVER a good idea.

Yet the gun industry is doing exactly that, taking military grade weapons and intentionally marketing them to the most mentally unstable people in the country. They've pushed for weak gun laws to make it easy for Criminals to get them so people will be all scared and stuff and they can sell more, and they've made the streets more dangerous so that law enforcement wants more firepower, too.

Make no mistake about it..............their agenda is to ban all guns here..............even though most of them deny it............

If they take the Supreme Court it will be a Kangaroo court and they will use Judicial Activism to get their way.......

Keep your powder dry...............they will be coming one day for all guns...................

Okay, time to talk seriously. This is about an industry and its conduct. There is no sane universe where giving Adam Lanza an AR-15 was EVER a good idea.

Yet the gun industry is doing exactly that, taking military grade weapons and intentionally marketing them to the most mentally unstable people in the country. They've pushed for weak gun laws to make it easy for Criminals to get them so people will be all scared and stuff and they can sell more, and they've made the streets more dangerous so that law enforcement wants more firepower, too.
2013-07-02-humor-1.jpg

I'm sure the ultimate goal here is to try to put gun manufacturers out of business.

Yes, yes, it is. or at least change the way they do business.

Let's look back at the tobacco companies. What we found out through the tobacco lawsuit was that the tobacco industry was intentionally increasing nicotine levels in cigarettes to make them more addictive and marketing the product intentionally to teens.

The gun industry does the same thing, except they hike addiction to fear instead of nicotine.

You see, the gun industry made a decision, when hunting started to decline as a sport in this country, to market their products to homeowners. If a study from the CDC found a gun in the home was 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy, they got all funding for gun studies cut.

they sold bigger guns to bad people so other people would be scared and want more guns, too.

Now, i think that the Sandy Hook case might be weak because Nancy Lanza was only moderately crazy, as opposed to her son, who was completely around the bend.

2013-07-02-humor-1.jpg

Most gun deaths aren't criminals. Most gun deaths are suicides, domestic arguments and accidents.

Adam Lanza was a completely law abiding citizen before he went on his rampage.

Joe is just another like this guy....................Best dang gun salesmen in the country..............

gun_salesman_of_the_year.jpg

Meh, I've heard about the "hoax" theory before. I don't really believe that. But, having said that, just because some loon freaks out and kills people, that is no reason to take rights or restrict rights regarding law abiding citizens. You don't blame the tool. It isn't the fault of the tool used.

Yeah, fuck those greiving parents. You might have to fill out an extra piece of paperwork.

2013-07-02-humor-1.jpg

Most gun deaths aren't criminals. Most gun deaths are suicides, domestic arguments and accidents.

So the fuck what...............You will punish law abiding citizens who haven't done a damn thing wrong with guns..............You can pass any law you want..........doesn't make it go away.........

By your own rhetoric...........There are laws against speeding...........Naw nobody will violate that..............LOL

ATT0040413.jpg

Meh, I've heard about the "hoax" theory before. I don't really believe that. But, having said that, just because some loon freaks out and kills people, that is no reason to take rights or restrict rights regarding law abiding citizens. You don't blame the tool. It isn't the fault of the tool used.

Yeah, fuck those greiving parents. You might have to fill out an extra piece of paperwork.

Idiot.

Nothing we can do would have stopped what happened. If any of those parents think that the way to end their suffering is to take away the rights of others, then they deserve to suffer. Mostly, they are looking to cash in.

2013-07-02-humor-1.jpg

So the fuck what...............You will punish law abiding citizens who haven't done a damn thing wrong with guns..............You can pass any law you want..........doesn't make it go away.........

By your own rhetoric...........There are laws against speeding...........Naw nobody will violate that..............LOL

ATT0040413.jpg

Yeah, we'll use the same strategy we used in the war on drugs. Since it works so well.

1427747032648.jpg

Grieving parents should sue whoever made that bus...............right......................

1427747032648.jpg

Grieving parents should sue whoever made that bus...............right......................

Yes. And they will. The highway should have a barrier to maintain separation as well, And judging from the positon of the vehicles, the trucking company too for causing the accident.

Hell lets sue everyone..............a guy cut me off in traffic yesterday and flipped me off........I think I'll sue Ford for his shitty driving......and the county for not posting signs on Not Flipping Off other drivers............

:coffee:

Guns are a legal product Joe. You can't sue somebody for selling a legal product just because somebody misused it.

And just how do gun manufacturers intentionally market their product to mentally unstable people? Do they get a mentally unstable people list and send them catalogs of their products? Do they have advertisements in mental wards and clinics?

Maybe we should hold video game manufacturers responsible too. Lanza loved those violent video games. In fact, that's what probably led to his rampage because he couldn't decipher reality from fiction.

I think you've stumbled into a good analogy. No, Speeding laws will never be entirely obeyed. But they are better than someone barrelling at 80MPH through a school zone, eh?

By your logic, we should have no speed limits, because the Founding Slave Rapists wanted us to run down government Bureaucrats some day or something, so those kids should be on their own when some lunatic drives through at 80 MPH even if most people have the common sense to only drive at 25. And the guy who does barrel down through there at 80MPH should keep doing it until he turns a kid into street pizza, and then we'll do something about it.

I think you've stumbled into a good analogy. No, Speeding laws will never be entirely obeyed. But they are better than someone barrelling at 80MPH through a school zone, eh?

By your logic, we should have no speed limits, because the Founding Slave Rapists wanted us to run down government Bureaucrats some day or something, so those kids should be on their own when some lunatic drives through at 80 MPH even if most people have the common sense to only drive at 25. And the guy who does barrel down through there at 80MPH should keep doing it until he turns a kid into street pizza, and then we'll do something about it.
Dramatize the subject.............try to picture a splat on the ground from a speeder.............and say............See IT'S THE SAME THING......

No the hell it isn't..........

That speeder..................did this.............so that guy in the other car doing the speed limit and stopping for the kids.............you want to TAKE HIS CAR..............because some asshole speed though a school zone and killed children....................

We don't get rid of CARS to solve the problem Mr. Genius.

Forum List

Back