Sanctions lift deal already in the works.

AntonToo

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2016
Developments on Syria are strange to say the least.

1. Assad had few reasons to risk resorting to chemical weapons while his regime was solidly en-route to permanency.

2. Trump admin suddenly does a total 180 on Syria and I don't for a second believe Trump gives more shit about Syrians than he does about holding hands with Putin.

Having spend some time thinking about this, here is the only explanation that makes total sense to me at this point:

Trump's hands are completely tied on Russia and his popularity is sinking. At the same time Putin is getting antsy about lack of any foreseeable progress on lifting of sanctions.

Enter the solution: With sudden urgency on Syria Trump gets a distraction from the 24/7 RC controversies, possible upside for his popularity (he just can't stand to see the kids suffer, how humane!) and most importantly gives an easy cover to finally get to negotiating table with Russia where lift of sanctions can finally be "traded" for Assad with side of Nuke deal.

This way Trump can finally get around to do what he has always set out to do, settle favors with Putin and boast about what a brilliant deal maker he is and how he saved the Syrian people from a bloodthirsty dictator and made Russia our besty.

Last edited:
If someone has a better explanation of these really bizzare events I definitely would like to hear it

If someone has a better explanation I definitely would like to hear it
Trump is dumb as a box of rocks, and will betray the principles he sold himself on at the drop of a hat.

Also, he has very limited knowledge about anything happening in Russia or Syria.

If that is so, why run on to a meeting with Russians?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...o-travel-to-russia-next-week-meet-counterpart

Secretary Rex Tillerson will travel to Moscow Apr. 12, the State Department announced on Wednesday.

Tillerson "will meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and other Russian officials to discuss Ukraine, counterterrorism efforts, bilateral relations and other issues, including [North Korea] and Syria," outgoing State spokesman Mark C. Toner said in a statement.

If someone has a better explanation of these really bizzare events I definitely would like to hear it

Assad thought he could get away with another use of a Chemical Weapon to strike fear in his people, and he thought wrong.

Occam's Razor is always in effect in these situations.

1. Assad had few reasons to risk resorting to chemical weapons while his regime was solidly en-route to permanency.

2. Trump admin suddenly does a total 180 on Syria and I don't for a second believe Trump gives more shit about Syrians than he does about holding hands with Putin.

Having spend some time thinking about this, here is the only explanation that makes total sense to me at this point:

Trump's hands are completely tied on Russia and his popularity is sinking. At the same time Putin is getting antsy about lack any foreseeable progress on lifting of sanctions.

Enter the solution: With sudden urgency on Syria Trump gets a distraction from the 24/7 RC controversies, possible upside for his popularity (he just can't stand to see the kids suffer, how humane!) and most importantly gives an easy cover to finally get to negotiating table with Russia where lift of sanctions can finally be "traded" for Assad with side of Nuke deal.

This way Trump can finally get around to do what he has always set out to do, settle favors with Putin and boast about what a brilliant deal maker he is and how he saved the Syrian people from a bloodthirsty dictator and made Russia our besty.
Does you mother let you play on the 'puter at this time of the day?
What are you, 10 years old?
Had President Trump did nothing, you would dream up some other angle to criticize him, and Troll the rest of us.
You are not very entertaining....
Try to take a class in creative writing.
You could use some help with your work.

Yet another manifestation of butt hurt, but not very original.

It is quite original, didn't see anyone propose that angle yet. It makes a lot of sense to me and we will see how it will stand up against developments in the next two weeks.

Trump's hands are completely tied on Russia and his popularity is sinking. At the same time Putin is getting antsy about lack any foreseeable progress on lifting of sanctions.

probably true or very close

problem for Trump is Putingate ain't going nowhere regardless of these shenanigans

Like everything else about the Obama presidency, the sanctions were just a pointless political gesture that did nothing to change Russia's actions, so if the President can trade the sanctions to settle the war in Syria it's win for everyone. Well, . . . it's a win for everyone except the whiny Obamabots.

If someone has a better explanation I definitely would like to hear it
Trump is dumb as a box of rocks, and will betray the principles he sold himself on at the drop of a hat.

Also, he has very limited knowledge about anything happening in Russia or Syria.

If that is so, why run on to a meeting with Russians?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...o-travel-to-russia-next-week-meet-counterpart

Secretary Rex Tillerson will travel to Moscow Apr. 12, the State Department announced on Wednesday.

Tillerson "will meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and other Russian officials to discuss Ukraine, counterterrorism efforts, bilateral relations and other issues, including [North Korea] and Syria," outgoing State spokesman Mark C. Toner said in a statement.

There's money to be made. Tillerson and Putin aren't going to let a little thing like some bombs stop them from fattening their wallets.

Like everything else about the Obama presidency, the sanctions were just a pointless political gesture that did nothing to change Russia's actions, so if the President can trade the sanctions to settle the war in Syria it's win for everyone. Well, . . . it's a win for everyone except the whiny Obamabots.

Regardless of the merits of a Russian deal, I'm saying that this context is so far the best explanation of Syrian events.

It is quite original, didn't see anyone propose that angle yet. It makes a lot of sense to me and we will see how it will stand up against developments in the next two weeks.
Butt hurt is not a source of inspiration for originality. Anybody can be an idiot and there butt hurt inspires.

Does you mother let you play on the 'puter at this time of the day?
What are you, 10 years old?
Had President Trump did nothing, you would dream up some other angle to criticize him, and Troll the rest of us.
You are not very entertaining....
Try to take a class in creative writing.
You could use some help with your work.

Nonsense, if Trump was doing nothing, it would be exactly consistent with his past statements and there would not need to be a search for explanation of a sudden, drastic turn around.

Whatever you feel about Trump or Russia this is still the best explanation I can come up with for the events going on. Everything else I've heard so far seems completely implausible.

And the worst part of your creative writing exercise?

You make President Trump out to be a Genius. I mean this guy apparently has every minutia planned out to achieve Maximum Power and influence in The World.

According to you, he is A PUPPET MASTER and the entire world is his puppet.

He doesn't need the money or the job.
He doesn't need the power. He had plenty.
Sometimes people want to do something significant before they die, even someone like Donald Trump who has done it all, and experienced life's victories and losses.

There is about 40 years of Public Interviews with him stating just that. That he was dissatisfied with the trade deals and politics that always sold America, and The American Worker out.

Yet, you cannot comprehend why a guy like that who though rich and powerful was not afraid to rub shoulders with the blue collar masses got elected?

You don't understand that, when he ran against a woman who many considered corrupt, and who could not keep her foul mouth from insulting every class of American you could possibly imagine?

Talk about being Situationally Unaware!

Last edited:

And the worst part of your creative writing exercise?

You make President Trump out to be a Genius.

He is no Genius. He is an intellectually lazy just-wing-it sort of character.

If you are familiar with Trump and his tactics than you know he LOVES to play the second level game.

Last edited:

Regardless of the merits of a Russian deal, I'm saying that this context is so far the best explanation of Syrian events.
I understand what you're saying: regardless of the merits of the deal, the really important thing to you is to slander Trump.

Forum List

Back