Zone1 SAINT Donald Trump? A canonized Saint? I can see this happening. Nothing is Impossible With God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catholics were the third sect of Christians to revolve. I believe the Coptic Christians of Egypt were the first sect founded by Mark the Evangelist in 42 ad to although Eastern right Turkish Christian churches existed they didn't become organized until 301 ad under Gregory the illuminator. The Catholic Church lists Peter as the founder in 67 ad, but there is debate about that. The church in Rome definitely existed in the second century ad. All three of these churches existed long before Protestants did.
There is nothing in the Bible about the office of "pope" nor is there about a vast number of Catholic beliefs and practices.

There is nothing in the Bible about the office of "pope" nor is there about a vast number of Catholic beliefs and practices.

The Catholic Church is older than the Bible... So a lot of their beliefs are based on earlier Christian traditions.

What I find most fascinating is the many similarities between Buddhism and Christianity. I guess a lot rubbed off on Jesus when he visited India during those " last years ".

Nope. Catholic means universal. Christian traditions developed long before there was a Bible.
I believe you were talking about the Catholic Church. If I remember correctly it's officially the Catholic and Apostolic Church. The apostles didn't exist until the first century AD. You see where I'm coming from.

I believe you were talking about the Catholic Church. If I remember correctly it's officially the Catholic and Apostolic Church. The apostles didn't exist until the first century AD. You see where I'm coming from.

There must have been Christians by the time they fled to Pella in 66 AD.. and by the time revelation was written to the 7 churches.

I'm not against Catholics though. They've been a great asset in the fight against abortion and homosexuality.

Note, when I refer to "The Bible" I'm referring to the New Testament. As only the New Testament applies to Christians.

There must have been Christians by the time they fled to Pella in 66 AD.. and by the time revelation was written to the 7 churches.
Yes the beginnings of the Greek Orthodox Church. Therefore the Greek Orthodox makes a fourth church that was established very early on. And logically before the founding of the Roman Churches.

I'm not against Catholics though. They've been a great asset in the fight against abortion and homosexuality.
Why do you think it's necessary to fight against either one of those things. ? Didn't Jesus say love thy enemy. Fighting isn't included in that definition.

Yes the beginnings of the Greek Orthodox Church. Therefore the Greek Orthodox makes a fourth church that was established very early on. And logically before the founding of the Roman Churches.

And, the Coptic church???

Note, when I refer to "The Bible" I'm referring to the New Testament. As only the New Testament applies to Christians.
Yet they refer to Old testament when they condemn the homosexuals. Go figure. I guess jesus's words don't mean as much to those types of Christians.

Why do you think it's necessary to fight against either one of those things. ? Didn't Jesus say love thy enemy. Fighting isn't included in that definition.
"love thy enemy" includes condemning their sins and turning them from them.

Yet they refer to Old testament when they condemn the homosexuals. Go figure. I guess jesus's words don't mean as much to those types of Christians.
I don't condemn homosexuality based on anything in the Old Testament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back