Rutgers student told not to quote Bible in essay because of 'separation of church and state'

Got a legitimate source, or just this blog?

By the way, wanna buy a bridge?

Three days later, still nothing.

Ah feel your pain. I couldn't find any either.

Attacking the source, the first and last refuge of the person with nothing else to argue about.

What a lazy twat you are.

The question stands untouched. Find us any legitimate source reporting that this event happened at all.

I already tried. Every single one referred back to this unsourced article. All of them. Every last one.

CHRIST you people are gullible.

I could point out here that this makes three threads in a row by the same OP that I cited and easily-found gap in his credibility that he can't answer.
Why don’t you ask the named professor?

Sandler, Kathe

Attacking the source, the first and last refuge of the person with nothing else to argue about.

The question stands untouched. Find us any legitimate source reporting that this event happened at all.

I already tried. Every single one referred back to this unsourced article. All of them. Every last one.

I could point out here that this makes three threads in a row by the same OP that I cited and easily-found gap in his credibility that he can't answer.
Why don’t you ask the named professor?

Sandler, Kathe

I ain't the one claiming it's a real story, am I numnutz.

How much fuel do you need to get back to your home planet where the burden of proof is on everybody else but Numero Uno?

Still going for the "it never happened" trope.

I have no way to know it 'never happened'. Nobody does. Nor can anyone prove a negative anyway.

This is an open question. An open invitation if you will. Find some legitimate source, win a prize.
You'll have noticed I do that a lot. And when I do I keep getting the crickets I expect. Including here. And I do that because the FIRST, number one (1) component to be established in any story is "is it real". We have yet to see any evidence that it is.

I have no way to know it 'never happened'. Nobody does. Nor can anyone prove a negative anyway.

This is an open question. An open invitation if you will. Find some legitimate source, win a prize.
You'll have noticed I do that a lot. And when I do I keep getting the crickets I expect. Including here. And I do that because the FIRST, number one (1) component to be established in any story is "is it real". We have yet to see any evidence that it is.

That you assume this source is not "legitimate" shows your overall hackiness.

Maybe this is the only site that cares enough to post something on it.

I looked for any corroboration and found none. I then asked for help and got none. Including from the OP.

There would appear to be, then, "none". It remains an open invitation. Find one if you can.

Posted here January 6. Looks like nine days.

Or are you saying a website nobody ever heard of is incapable of fabrication? What kind of intellect does it take to believe everything one reads on the internets without corroboration?

Wanna buy a bridge?

I looked for any corroboration and found none. I then asked for help and got none. Including from the OP.

There would appear to be, then, "none". It remains an open invitation. Find one if you can.

Or are you saying a website nobody ever heard of is incapable of fabrication? What kind of intellect does it take to believe everything one reads on the internets without corroboration?

Wanna buy a bridge?

I've been sent via links to that website plenty of times. They are a single issue site regarding things that happen at Universities.

They don't have the standing of F.I.R.E, but they are still a source.

Again, you ignore the crux of the story to play "where did it come from" games because you don't want to, or can't argue the points at hand.

Wanna buy a bridge?

I've been sent via links to that website plenty of times. They are a single issue site regarding things that happen at Universities.

Again, you ignore the crux of the story to play "where did it come from" games because you don't want to, or can't argue the points at hand.

Again, IT HAS NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED that there is a point at all. This is why any news story needs a second source. Without that, there's no guarantee the first source didn't just make it up.

If it's a real story, somebody can corroborate it. If nobody can corroborate it, well I'm the king of Sweden and I have X-ray vision, nomsane?

Wanna buy a bridge?

Again, IT HAS NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED that there is a point at all. This is why any news story needs a second source. Without that, there's no guarantee the first source didn't just make it up.

If it's a real story, somebody can corroborate it. If nobody can corroborate it, well I'm the king of Sweden and I have X-ray vision, nomsane?

Do you hold this level of requirement to things about Trump?

With those many OUTLETS report it, but based on one unproven "source"

Wanna buy a bridge?

I hold this level about literally everything. That's why I don't run around with cockamamie stories like "three million Amish mobilize to vote for Rump" and "Hillary fails to show up at rally, replaced by hologram". Let alone more tame stuff like "O'bama caused 2008 recession" and "Democrats founded the KKK". I take no word at face value.

Kind of interesting that the last thirteen posts in a row have been about whether this is a real story, with no evidence that it is.

Wanna buy a bridge?

I hold this level about literally everything. That's why I don't run around with cockamamie stories like "three million Amish mobilize to vote for Rump" and "Hillary fails to show up at rally, replaced by hologram".

This story isn't like those, and it's poor form to try to equate them.

Wanna buy a bridge?

I hold this level about literally everything. That's why I don't run around with cockamamie stories like "three million Amish mobilize to vote for Rump" and "Hillary fails to show up at rally, replaced by hologram".

No two stories are alike but what they all have in common is lack of substantiation.

No two stories are alike but what they all have in common is lack of substantiation.

You are equating fantasy with an actual article. You refuse to address it just to be a trolly little twat.

You are equating fantasy with an actual article. You refuse to address it just to be a trolly little twat.

Hey, I just asked -- last week --- where there's any confirmation of this being a real thing. You're the wag who keeps dragging on the fact that there isn't any.

Hey, I just asked -- last week --- where there's any confirmation of this being a real thing. You're the wag who keeps dragging on the fact that there isn't any.

You are only asking for confirmation for this one thing, and as I said being a trolly little twat.

You are only asking for confirmation for this one thing, and as I said being a trolly little twat.

In this thread, sure. It's what this thread is ABOUT.

And I still don't see any.

But as long as we have no story to talk about why don't you essplain to the class exactliy how confirming that something actually exists in the world of reality rather than the Imaginarium amounts to "trolling". Oughta be fun.

Another thread just popped up asking why we've become so anti-intellectual. Perhaps you have an answer. I sure don't.

But as long as we have no story to talk about why don't you essplain to the class exactliy how confirming that something actually exists in the world of reality rather than the Imaginarium amounts to "trolling". Oughta be fun.

Another thread just popped up asking why we've become so anti-intellectual. Perhaps you have an answer. I sure don't.

How about you address the actual issue in the article?

You are being nothing more than a twat-troll.

How about you address the actual issue in the article?

You are being nothing more than a twat-troll.

Interesting use of the word "you" since I simply put the observation out there and it's actually you who keeps drawing attention to the fact that there's no evidence of a story. Not even the OP has anything to add.

Can't address a story that doesn't exist, now can we. I'm really not interested in parsing fantasies.

And were any of them corroborated?

Edit -- having incited my own curiosity I went back to the OP article and clicked on some "related" links there to examine exactly this question. Three stories in a row similarly offered no evidence that they're real stories. No references to any outside source at all A fourth click went to a "this site can't be reached" page.

In a nutshell, if this here site is supposed to be at least in part an exercise in student journalism, it's failing miserably. I have yet to find a single verifiable story there at all. For all we know it's a The Onion without the humor. Perhaps an exercise forum where aspiring journalists work strictly on their style, without the drudgery of actual stories from the real world so they just make 'em up in a "how would I write if X happened" draft. Who knows. :dunno:

But it was good enough for the OP, and that tells us a lot, doesn't it.

Gullible's Travels....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back