Rutgers student told not to quote Bible in essay because of 'separation of church and state'

You are equating fantasy with an actual article. You refuse to address it just to be a trolly little twat.

Hey, I just asked -- last week --- where there's any confirmation of this being a real thing. You're the wag who keeps dragging on the fact that there isn't any.

You are only asking for confirmation for this one thing, and as I said being a trolly little twat.

In this thread, sure. It's what this thread is ABOUT.

And I still don't see any.

But as long as we have no story to talk about why don't you essplain to the class exactliy how confirming that something actually exists in the world of reality rather than the Imaginarium amounts to "trolling". Oughta be fun.

Another thread just popped up asking why we've become so anti-intellectual. Perhaps you have an answer. I sure don't.

How about you address the actual issue in the article?

You are being nothing more than a twat-troll.

Interesting use of the word "you" since I simply put the observation out there and it's actually you who keeps drawing attention to the fact that there's no evidence of a story. Not even the OP has anything to add.

Can't address a story that doesn't exist, now can we. I'm really not interested in parsing fantasies.

It does exist, you just decided to create a standard so you didn't have to respond to the content of the article.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

I've been sent via links to that website plenty of times. They are a single issue site regarding things that happen at Universities.

And were any of them corroborated?

Edit -- having incited my own curiosity I went back to the OP article and clicked on some "related" links there to examine exactly this question. Three stories in a row similarly offered no evidence that they're real stories. No references to any outside source at all A fourth click went to a "this site can't be reached" page.

In a nutshell, if this here site is supposed to be at least in part an exercise in student journalism, it's failing miserably. I have yet to find a single verifiable story there at all. For all we know it's a The Onion without the humor. Perhaps an exercise forum where aspiring journalists work strictly on their style, without the drudgery of actual stories from the real world so they just make 'em up in a "how would I write if X happened" draft. Who knows. :dunno:

But it was good enough for the OP, and that tells us a lot, doesn't it.

Gullible's Travels....

All you have is attacking the messenger. You pick and choose and argue the how instead of the why.

You deny because you can't defend what they state are happening. Nothing more than an exercise in willful ignorance.

Edit: And to be fair when I state "lol huffpo" and "lol dailykos" it isn't about their reporting of the story, it's their view and conclusions about the story.

---------------

I've been sent via links to that website plenty of times. They are a single issue site regarding things that happen at Universities.

Edit -- having incited my own curiosity I went back to the OP article and clicked on some "related" links there to examine exactly this question. Three stories in a row similarly offered no evidence that they're real stories. No references to any outside source at all A fourth click went to a "this site can't be reached" page.

In a nutshell, if this here site is supposed to be at least in part an exercise in student journalism, it's failing miserably. I have yet to find a single verifiable story there at all. For all we know it's a The Onion without the humor. Perhaps an exercise forum where aspiring journalists work strictly on their style, without the drudgery of actual stories from the real world so they just make 'em up in a "how would I write if X happened" draft. Who knows. :dunno:

Gullible's Travels....

All you have is attacking the messenger. You pick and choose and argue the how instead of the why.

You deny because you can't defend what they state are happening. Nothing more than an exercise in willful ignorance.

Once AGAIN ---- I have no actual evidence that there's anything TO "deny" or "defend" Nor do you, nor does the OP, who ran away emptyhanded.

Once AGAIN --- We. Have. No. Starting. Point.

PROVE we do.

Gullible's Travels....

Once AGAIN ---- I have no actual evidence that there's anything TO "deny" or "defend" Nor do you, nor does the OP, who ran away emptyhanded.

PROVE we do.

No.

Either debate the article in question or sod off.

And btw, OCD here, I will keep replying to your obvious troll drivel until you argue on the merits.

Gullible's Travels....

PROVE we do.

No.

And btw, OCD here, I will keep replying to your obvious troll drivel until you argue on the merits.

For the last week the only reason I've clicked in here at all is on the chance, to be fair, that you or somebody found some corroborating source.

Still nothing. January 2 to 17 is fifteen days.

See ya tamorra.

Gullible's Travels....

PROVE we do.

No.

For the last week the only reason I've clicked in here at all is on the chance, to be fair, that you or somebody found some corroborating source.

See ya tamorra.
Here you go troll.
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

From the "About" page of the cited site:

>> As a conservative watchdog to the nation’s higher education system, Campus Reform exposes liberal bias and abuse on the nation’s college campuses.

Our team of professional journalists works alongside student activists and student journalists to report on the conduct and misconduct of campus administrators, faculty, and students. Campus Reform holds itself to rigorous journalism standards and strives to present each story with accuracy, objectivity, and public accountability. << (emphasis added)​

Journalism standards begin with multiple-source corroboration. The article in the OP not only cites as its only source, quote:

>> a student at Rutgers University-New Brunswick says he was told... <<​

--- but then admits that that student IS ONE OF ITS OWN PEOPLE:

>> Political science student and Campus Reform correspondent Peter Cordi was assigned an autobiographical paper...<<
Zero quote from those who "told" him anything. Zero image of the professor's alleged comments, just the ipse dixit. Zero reference to any other source reporting the same event or even a similar event. Other stories pursued followed the same pattern.

That ain't journalism in any definition.

The Leadership Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Arlington, Virginia that teaches "political technology."[1]

The Institute was founded in 1979 by conservative activist Morton Blackwell. Its mission is to "increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists" and to "identify, train, recruit and place conservatives in politics, government, and media."[2] -- Wiki​

We can get an idea what they're "teaching". Can't we.

Gullible's Travels....

PROVE we do.

No.

See ya tamorra.

So any story or information require corroboration?

How many MSM stories come from one source that all of them reference?

>> As a conservative watchdog to the nation’s higher education system, Campus Reform exposes liberal bias and abuse on the nation’s college campuses.

Our team of professional journalists works alongside student activists and student journalists to report on the conduct and misconduct of campus administrators, faculty, and students. Campus Reform holds itself to rigorous journalism standards and strives to present each story with accuracy, objectivity, and public accountability. << (emphasis added)​

Journalism standards begin with multiple-source corroboration. The article in the OP not only cites as its only source, quote:

>> Political science student and Campus Reform correspondent Peter Cordi was assigned an autobiographical paper...<<
Zero quote from those who "told" him anything. Zero image of the professor's alleged comments, just the ipse dixit. Zero reference to any other source reporting the same event or even a similar event. Other stories pursued followed the same pattern.

The Leadership Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Arlington, Virginia that teaches "political technology."[1]

The Institute was founded in 1979 by conservative activist Morton Blackwell. Its mission is to "increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists" and to "identify, train, recruit and place conservatives in politics, government, and media."[2] -- Wiki​

Wow, a partisan group. And because they are the "wrong' type of partisan for you, they are dismissed by you out of hand.

Hack.

Gullible's Travels....

PROVE we do.

No.

See ya tamorra.

Yes, correct.

Zero.

Wow, a partisan group. And because they are the "wrong' type of partisan for you, they are dismissed by you out of hand.

Nope, they're dismissed because they offer no journalistic standards. No corroboration, no quote from the other party, no citation of any other actual source, no physical evidence that anything took place at all, and all based on the hearsay of one of its own people.

Oh that reminds me. Aliens from Neptune landed here and they want to borrow your car to rob a bank. They'll pay you well though. I don't have a source though, my source is myself. I have no pics of the aliens, no quote, no nothing. You can beleive me because "I say so" So where are the keys?

And btw it's not necessary to sign your posts. The content makes that abundantly clear.

PROVE we do.

No.

See ya tamorra.

Yes, correct.

Zero.

Figures. Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

Nope, they're dismissed because they offer no journalistic standards. No corroboration, no quote from the other party, no citation of any other actual source, no physical evidence that anything took place at all, and all based on the hearsay of one of its own people.

Oh that reminds me. Aliens from Neptune landed here and they want to borrow your car to rob a bank. They'll pay you well though. I don't have a source though, my source is myself. I have no pics of the aliens, no quote, no nothing. You can beleive me because "I say so" So where are the keys?

And btw it's not necessary to sign your posts. The content makes that abundantly clear.

Going with absurdity shows your "arguments" have no real basis.

I didn't know Rutgers was the state.

And it is separation of church FROM the state. The intention was to prevent the state from telling you how to practice your faith, not for universities to bar you from even accessing or referencing it. The former is freedom from censorship; the latter is the left's way of twisting it into TOTAL censorship.
What occurred was a prime example of the fascist left doing what they’ve always done throughout history - attack the one true God. If this student had quoted the Karan we all know the response would have been very different.
There is no one true god except for what each person decides what to believe in....or not believe in. Your belief does not anchor our laws nor are you allowed (except in a theocracy) to force others to your religion.

How is it "absurd"? You're buying the same crapola from this fake 'journalism' website and you're not calling that "absurd" .

That's not "argument" btw -- it's analogy. If you believe them with no source but themselves, then you should believe me too. Sameo-sameo. Kif-kif. Now where are them there keys, I ain't got all day and these Neptunians mean business. Literally.

How is it "absurd"? You're buying the same crapola from this fake 'journalism' website and you're not calling that "absurd" .

Your dismissal of the site out of hand just shows you can't deal with anything that impacts your cherished wibble worldview.

That's not "argument" btw -- it's analogy. If you believe them with no source but themselves, then you should believe me too. Sameo-sameo. Kif-kif. Now where are them there keys, I ain't got all day and these Neptunians mean business. Literally.

Your dismissal of the site out of hand just shows you can't deal with anything that impacts your cherished wibble worldview.

Ummm nnnnnno, it just shows I won't deal with fantasy that can't prove it's real.

Ummm nnnnnno, it just shows I won't deal with fantasy that can't prove it's real.

Flimsy rationalization on Aisle 4.

Flimsy rationalization on Aisle 4.

Complete lack of credible evidence on Aisle Post One.

Forum List

Back