Russian airforce to stay 49 years in Syria

How odd this comes out just after Trump meets with Putin and then cancels all backing up Rebels fighting against Assad. Weird huh?
I don´t think there is any context.

No context... yeah just some really really odd coincidences huh? Trump went from shooting missiles at a Syrian Air Force base to sucking Assad's dick after a private conversation with Putin.
You you need to read the article before you start to conjecture: That the Russian parliament now approved the agreement doesn´t mean it hasn´t been drafted before Trump discovered sanity.

It's not the singularity of the event that raises eyebrows, it's the totality of all events combined. Trump literally shot missiles at a Syrian Air Force base and then after a private meeting with Putin has done a total 180 degree turn on Syria... and you don't think the two things are related.
Also logic is missing here. That Trump ends the support for "rebels" doesn´t increase Syria´s need for Russian air support.

Believe me, it is a good decision that Trump made. While the US could maintain one or two small bases in southern Syria for a short while, this would be without any strategic value because neither can the "rebels" capture ISIS held soil nor can they interrupt Syria´s newly established connection with Iraq or expand anywhere. It would come at the cost of better relations with Russia, instead. They are totally encircled, outnumbered and outgunned by the pro-gov forces and all they hold is a territory that consists almost exclusively of desert.
The other "rebels" in Syria are out of control of Washington and at war with the US-backed SDF.

And of course, they are terrorists and need to be rendered harmless.

"Moderate" jihadists in southern Syria with US troops (note the ISIS finger):
18423878_10158596118500361_8726078243645830584_n.jpg

Last edited:
How odd this comes out just after Trump meets with Putin and then cancels all backing up Rebels fighting against Assad. Weird huh?

No context... yeah just some really really odd coincidences huh? Trump went from shooting missiles at a Syrian Air Force base to sucking Assad's dick after a private conversation with Putin.
You you need to read the article before you start to conjecture: That the Russian parliament now approved the agreement doesn´t mean it hasn´t been drafted before Trump discovered sanity.

It's not the singularity of the event that raises eyebrows, it's the totality of all events combined. Trump literally shot missiles at a Syrian Air Force base and then after a private meeting with Putin has done a total 180 degree turn on Syria... and you don't think the two things are related.
Also logic is missing here. That Trump ends the support for "rebels" doesn´t increase Syria´s need for Russian air support.

Believe me, it is a good decision that Trump made. While the US could maintain one or two small bases in southern Syria for a short while, this would be without any strategic value because neither can the "rebels" capture ISIS held soil nor can they interrupt Syria´s newly established connection with Iraq but it would come at then cost of better relations with Russia. They are totally encircled, outnumbered and outgunned by the pro-gov forces and all they hold is a territory that consists almost exclusively of desert.
The other "rebels" are out of control of Washington and at war with the US-backed SDF.

And of course, they are terrorists need to be rendered harmless.

Logic is missing here? Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. Trump thought that was such a huge event he launched an attack on a Syrian Air Force Base... and then let me repeat this one more time, after Trump's first private meeting with Putin as POTUS, Trump has withdrawn U.S. support for Assad opposition rebels in Syria.

Trump might as well just give Putin fellatio on national television and forget even trying to hide things any longer. If he did it, his supporters wouldn't bat an eye lash and instead would be praising his deep throat technique.

Believe me, it is a good decision that Trump made. While the US could maintain one or two small bases in southern Syria for a short while, this would be without any strategic value because neither can the "rebels" capture ISIS held soil nor can they interrupt Syria´s newly established connection with Iraq but it would come at then cost of better relations with Russia. They are totally encircled, outnumbered and outgunned by the pro-gov forces and all they hold is a territory that consists almost exclusively of desert.
The other "rebels" are out of control of Washington and at war with the US-backed SDF.

Logic is missing here? Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. Trump thought that was such a huge event he launched an attack on a Syrian Air Force Base... and then let me repeat this one more time, after Trump's first private meeting with Putin as POTUS, Trump has withdrawn U.S. support for Assad opposition rebels in Syria.

Trump might as well just give Putin fellatio on national television and forget even trying to hide things any longer. If he did it, his supporters wouldn't bat an eye lash and instead would be praising his deep throat technique.
No, Assad did not use chemical weapons on his own people.

Last two chemical weapons facilities in Syria belong to rebels: OPCW

Yep I should trust Assad on this because he is such a trustworthy guy... like I should believe Putin and his government when they say they took possession of all of Syria's chemical weapons to destroy them.

This would would be such a safer place to live if someone would put a bullet in Putin and Assad's head once and for all.

Yep I should trust Assad on this because he is such a trustworthy guy... like I should believe Putin and his government when they say they took possession of all of Syria's chemical weapons to destroy them.

This would would be such a safer place to live if someone would put a bullet in Putin and Assad's head once and for all.
You are completely misinformed. Syria´s former chemical weapons stockpile has been destroyed by an American company in the US.

You are completely misinformed. Syria´s former chemical weapons stockpile has been destroyed by an American company in the US.

You've been fed nothing but propaganda... and you continue to regurgitate it.

This is kinda true! I eat your propaganda, my metabolism takes all its pretense and it comes out as its true nature...

This is kinda true! I eat your propaganda, my metabolism takes all its pretense and it comes out as its true nature...

:cuckoo:

. If Assad we're to use (if it was them that did it), chemical weapons on his alledged own people again, then the world will respond again. Now the U.S. is the one that the world leans on when it comes to justice in a situation, so Trump being the leader of the United States currently (of course), will be the one to respond to a world event involving an attrocity committed. What you are doing, is trying to use the response to try and accuse Trump of doing what he did for political purposes, and not for humanatarion purposes. Your hatred for Trump causes you to try and connect dots that end in conspiracy theories that don't wash in the end. Trump responded for the world's anger over a chemical weapon being used on the innocent, and you try to use it for your anti-Trump agenda. It's so wonder if Trump can do anything right in such a hostile environment that anti-Americans here have since created. The leftists agenda is seen as being far more important than the security of this nation, and that has become a huge problem.

Meanwhile, yesterday there was information that two Russian Su-57s had arrived in Syria, which are now being tested. In my near-aviation hangout there is now a great holywar, whether it is necessary to send such a new machine that has not yet passed the full test cycle for such tests. And what if it falls down? :)

DWldx0EXcAA6_oP[1].jpg

Although personally I have nothing against it. Tests on real problems always differ greatly from tests at the test site.

Meanwhile, yesterday there was information that two Russian Su-57s had arrived in Syria, which are now being tested. In my near-aviation hangout there is now a great holywar, whether it is necessary to send such a new machine that has not yet passed the full test cycle for such tests. And what if it falls down? :)

View attachment 178246

Although personally I have nothing against it. Tests on real problems always differ greatly from tests at the test site.
There were also reports that Russia deployed several Su-35, an AWACS and some Su-25. Su-25 that are monitoring the "de-escalation zones" will reportedly by now fly in pairs.

There were also reports that Russia deployed several Su-35, an AWACS and some Su-25. Su-25 that are monitoring the "de-escalation zones" will reportedly by now fly in pairs.

Su-35 (and, probably, Su-25, although these are few) are constantly changing, their rotation is regularly. The arrival of the A-50 in the light of the Su-57 tests is obvious. Given the complex situation in the air, it would be foolish to send a new car without AWACS information support :)

Su-35 (and, probably, Su-25, although these are few) are constantly changing, their rotation is regularly. The arrival of the A-50 in the light of the Su-57 tests is obvious. Given the complex situation in the air, it would be foolish to send a new car without AWACS information support :)
Few Su-25? I think they are the main component of the Russian fleet in Syria. CAS is a central task of the fleet in Syria.

Few Su-25? I think they are the main component of the Russian fleet in Syria.

The Su-25 is a very effective machine and is actively used in Syria. But they are there now, really, not enough. In December 2017, before the return of part of the troops to Russia, at the Khmeimim airbase there were only 6 Su-25s. Several of them returned to Russia. One was shot down. It turns out that in Syria there was a maximum of 3 Su-25.

Few Su-25? I think they are the main component of the Russian fleet in Syria.

The Su-25 is a very effective machine and is actively used in Syria. But they are there now, really, not enough. In December 2017, before the return of part of the troops to Russia, at the Khmeimim airbase there were only 6 Su-25s. Several of them returned to Russia. One was shot down. It turns out that in Syria there was a maximum of 3 Su-25.
I think the regular bombings were done with Su-24.

Stand-by capt blei------I just caught a Pence declaration that the USA is with-drawing from the
"nuclear deal" with Iran. I expect fall out that will impact on the Iranian/ass'ad/ruskie love affair
------ (yes---this post does relate to the OP)

Certainly democrats could not be suggesting that we go to war with Russia over Syria? The only reason we were ever in Syria is obama's support of Isis in Syria. obama is gone. He can take his nasty war with him. There was never any way that Russia was giving up their military base. If Trump is leaving that loser he is showing wisdom and leadership.

Certainly democrats could not be suggesting that we go to war with Russia over Syria? The only reason we were ever in Syria is obama's support of Isis in Syria. obama is gone. He can take his nasty war with him. There was never any way that Russia was giving up their military base. If Trump is leaving that loser he is showing wisdom and leadership.

Obama did not support ISIS in Syria. Over time, I did lose faith in Obama's ABILITY to be president----
but I am not willing to SLING MUD at him ------(PS---I voted for Trump--as a registered democrat---also
not as a sling against Obama as a HUMAN BEING) Try to cling to reason. As to RUSSIA---the Russia
of today is NOT A FRIEND to the USA or decency. Russia and Syria are allies-----sorta an EVIL EMPIRE---
along with Iran. I believe Trump does SEE THAT FACT.

Forum List

Back