Rural Backlash Against Renewables Surges, With 67 Rejections of Solar in U.S. Over Past 11 Months

I just told you that more corn is grown than anything else and that the majority of corn grown goes to ethanol production.
What happens to the price of corn when ethanol demand decreases?
End ethanol and corn gets cheaper, gas gets cheaper and your vehicle runs better. And as an added bonus the deficit gets reduced without the subsidies.

Maybe if they used their land to farm more energy instead of break even crops, they might just be less dependent on handouts.

Flyover country suckers. Beat down, demeaned and destroyed every day and then take the Progs pie in sky expensive to the taxpayers' swindle deals.

It appears that people are finally starting to wise up about the renewable energy swindle.

The hype about wind and solar energy keeps colliding with the hard reality of land-use conflicts. Nowhere is that more obvious than in Ohio, where 41 townships have rejected or restricted the expansion of wind and/or solar projects since last November. In addition, at least eight Ohio counties have implemented restrictions on Big Wind and Big Solar over that same time period.
The soaring number of rejections – all of which are documented in the Renewable Rejection Database – brings the total number of solar rejections in the U.S. this year to 67. That total includes the October 12 unanimous vote by the Linn County, Iowa, Board of Supervisors to implement a moratorium on solar projects in their county. In all, since 2017, 94 communities across the U.S. have rejected or restricted Big Solar.
Wind projects are also facing fierce resistance, particularly in Ohio, a swing state that is critical to presidential candidates. Thus far in 2022, 46 local governments, 40 of which are in Ohio, have rejected or restricted wind projects. Furthermore, since 2015, 370 communities from Maine to Hawaii have rejected or restricted wind projects.
As I have noted in many previous articles, these hundreds of rejections are routinely ignored by big media outlets. Further, they don’t square with the schemes being promoted by academics from Princeton, Stanford, and other elite universities who routinely claim that the U.S. can build thousands of megawatts of new solar and wind capacity in rural America and do so in just a few years. But the facts cannot be denied.
Here is the lowdown on what’s happening in Ohio. On August 23, the Ohio Capitol Journal reported that “At least 10 Ohio counties have passed resolutions blocking the development of new utility-scale wind and solar projects within all or part........
Of course. Who the hell moves out to the country and wants to be surrounded by those stupid fucking windmills and solar farms. Stick that shit in the city, you’re the assholes that want them.

Only because we allow it to be.

Nope. When you are spending other people's money, waste is the inevitable result. No one is as consciences about spending other people's money as they are with their own.

Nope. When you are spending other people's money, waste is the inevitable result. No one is as consciences about spending other people's money as they are with their own.

Nope, it's more a function of bureaucrats trying to justify their jobs. The government uses million of items that can be purchased directly from the consumer market. But after contracting piles on unusual specs on the product that have nothing to do with function the price goes up. You get the exact same product, just at a higher cost. That has been remedied somewhat by the GSA coming out with a catalog of approved items that can be purchased government wide. But it still holds true for unusual or specialized items. I got my education on contracting when I was the purchasing officer for an Army project in Belize. The best example was masonry sand, when we checked out the sand on an advanced trip, it was $3.00 per cu.m and was perfectly acceptable for the project. By the time contracting got done, the price was more than $20.00 per cu.m.

1665954020035.png

~S~

Nope, it's more a function of bureaucrats trying to justify their jobs. The government uses million of items that can be purchased directly from the consumer market. But after contracting piles on unusual specs on the product that have nothing to do with function the price goes up. You get the exact same product, just at a higher cost. That has been remedied somewhat by the GSA coming out with a catalog of approved items that can be purchased government wide. But it still holds true for unusual or specialized items. I got my education on contracting when I was the purchasing officer for an Army project in Belize. The best example was masonry sand, when we checked out the sand on an advanced trip, it was $3.00 per cu.m and was perfectly acceptable for the project. By the time contracting got done, the price was more than $20.00 per cu.m.

you 'get it' Tex
:banana: ~S~

End ethanol and corn gets cheaper, gas gets cheaper and your vehicle runs better. And as an added bonus the deficit gets reduced without the subsidies.
That’s a whole lot of lost revenue for farmers.
What do you imagine they’ll replace it with?
More bail outs?

Nope, it's more a function of bureaucrats trying to justify their jobs.
Yep, people spending other people's money.

The government uses million of items that can be purchased directly from the consumer market. But after contracting piles on unusual specs on the product that have nothing to do with function the price goes up.
It doesn't matter how it happens, it's built into the process because there's no penalty for increasing the cost.

You get the exact same product, just at a higher cost.
How does that prove your piont?

That has been remedied somewhat by the GSA coming out with a catalog of approved items that can be purchased government wide. But it still holds true for unusual or specialized items. I got my education on contracting when I was the purchasing officer for an Army project in Belize. The best example was masonry sand, when we checked out the sand on an advanced trip, it was $3.00 per cu.m and was perfectly acceptable for the project. By the time contracting got done, the price was more than $20.00 per cu.m.

Which only proves that government oversight will always increase the cost.

That’s a whole lot of lost revenue for farmers.
What do you imagine they’ll replace it with?
More bail outs?
That's up to them, not the taxpayers, moron. If they can't make money on the open market, then they should get out of the farming business.

Break even crops? Roflmao, my mom owns 900 acres of prime ground... excellent yield this year and despite the Bidum disaster is making a fortune off yield.

No farmer in their right mind is going to cover prime ground with solar panels. It won't happen
nearly 600 acres here. the crops are doing awesome. we would LOSE money trying to do something with stupid renewable energy.

maybe the leftist would like to try and eat their windmills!!!!

That's up to them, not the taxpayers, moron. If they can't make money on the open market, then they should get out of the farming business.
No doubt. At least if they’re unwilling to embrace new ideas anyway. Energy is a commodity just like any other crop.

nearly 600 acres here. the crops are doing awesome. we would LOSE money trying to do something with stupid renewable energy.

maybe the leftist would like to try and eat their windmills!!!!

73 bushels per acre for soybeans and 254 bushels an acre for corn on Mom's. Bank that money, Mom

Forum List

Back