Running Stories

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Pretty competitive sprinter when I was a young fella. Had to run a shit ton as part of training through college. Hated that. Run these days to try and keep a lead on the reaper. Those marathon runners are unbelievable, but I can't imagine putting oneself through the torture.

Pretty competitive sprinter when I was a young fella. Had to run a shit ton as part of training through college. Hated that. Run these days to try and keep a lead on the reaper. Those marathon runners are unbelievable, but I can't imagine putting oneself through the torture.
So what is your favorite race memory?

So what is your favorite race memory?
Was on a competitive travel track squad when I was younger. We traveled to Virginia for a massive track meet once. That was interesting. However, my favorite run story was when I was in college. The wrestling team arranged to meet outside the field house one Sunday morning to put in 5 - 10 miles and a bunch of hellish hill runs. Naturally, me and 3-4 other guys on the team were in rough shape by Sunday morning (party involving sofas flying out of 3rd story windows, brawls, etc). We assembled at the pre-arranged spot at an ungodly hour and the whole team set off on our run. As we had discussed earlier (and because we really had no choice) me and my companieros fell behind the pack in short order. We limped over to a pay phone (yeah, that long ago), called a cab (yeah, that long ago), and waited at the end point for everyone to 'catch up' with us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back