Rosanne Barr

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Its really odd, a major TV character was removed from her own program. Politics? Its like Rod Serling meets the Judge brothers.

Its really odd, a major TV character was removed from her own program. Politics? Its like Rod Serling meets the Judge brothers.

She posted some really bad stuff, which got her fired from the developing show.
This is a false paradigm.

They never let her tell her side.

It was never meant to be a racist tweet.

Folks just like to be outraged.

Really, then why did she post this apology?

"I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste,"

LINK

"I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste,"

LINK

Roseann posted an apology because of how it would easy to mistake her tweet as racist.
She was critical of an ambassador, and made a political reference to "Planet of the Apes", not being aware the ambassador was part Black.

LINK

Roseann posted an apology because of how it would easy to mistake her tweet as racist.
She was critical of an ambassador, and made a political reference to "Planet of the Apes", not being aware the ambassador was part Black.

I never said if it was a racist tweet or not, merely pointing out she APOLOGIZED to them over the tweet she posted.

Quite a few people in the past have made comments and got fired or lost sponsors. People should just realize don't use your real name if your going to rant. Your a public figure and while some may applaud there are some who will get angry and use the B word (Boycott) which is bad for business. Still even when she was in her hit show. Her character stood up for homosexuality. Her character was hard ass to the core. I guess in real life she got sucked into the cult of misinformation. Tweeter strikes again and hard-ass in real life may not be politically correct.

LINK

Duh!

It wasn't a race based insult, but it was still in poor taste, that offended millions, and wasn't good for the advertisers that supported her show.

It matters not what her intentions were, it only matters how her and the president's enemies spun it. Folks knew that she was an avid supporter of the president, and they were out for blood. She makes fun of lots of folks. If she had made fun of a white person, the race card would not have been played.

I am surprised I even need to explain this. Did you even watch that video?

She is a COMIC! She is well know for having a big mouth and acerbic wit, which is not to everyone's taste. But, she is known as being pro-working class, for diversity and for Intersectionality.

roseanne_cancelled_ABC_ringer_2.0.jpg

NM3CNMCXZI2NZO3WVL3L6TJEV4.jpeg

Becoming a Q-anon kook does tend to have destructive consequences.

That is silly because Roseann is very left wing, and is not a Trump supporter.

Really? then why did she support Trump for President?

Wikipedia

Support for Donald Trump
Barr voiced her support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in a June 2016 The Hollywood Reporter interview. "I think we would be so lucky if Trump won. Because then it wouldn't be Hillary."

LINK

Quite a few people in the past have made comments and got fired or lost sponsors. People should just realize don't use your real name if your going to rant. Your a public figure and while some may applaud there are some who will get angry and use the B word (Boycott) which is bad for business. Still even when she was in her hit show. Her character stood up for homosexuality. Her character was hard ass to the core. I guess in real life she got sucked into the cult of misinformation. Tweeter strikes again and hard-ass in real life may not be politically correct.
. . . as she pointed out in that interview I posted, only conservative actors, commentators, comics, etc. get de-platformed, fired or lose sponsors.

Hell, even liberal politicians get away with bullshit what would get a conservative run out of town.

Virginia governor Ralph Northam is still there.

Here's the full interview if you are interested, it is really interesting.

She told her side when she hit post. That was a racist tweet. Nobody likes to be outraged.

. . . as she pointed out in that interview I posted, only conservative actors, commentators, comics, etc. get de-platformed, fired or lose sponsors.

Hell, even liberal politicians get away with bullshit what would get a conservative run out of town.

Virginia governor Ralph Northam is still there.
I think Northem would have been gone if he had worn blackface while governor like Roxanne did tweeting the racism while she had a show on TV. Roxanne would not have been fired if she had been found to have made that comment in 1980 something, which was when Northam dressed in blackface.

She told her side when she hit post. That was a racist tweet. Nobody likes to be outraged.

She didn't even know that Jarrett had Black ancestry.

You don't even know what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back