Ron Paul too old?

"Neville" was revered as a hero when he came back from Munich.

Yeah, and how'd that work out?

Hitler took all of Czechoslovakia instead of the Sudatenland as was agreed. Neville did nothing, which prompted von Ribbentropp to advise Hitler that he'd do nothing if Germany invaded Poland.

And the next thing ya know it's Schnitzel in Paris and bombs in London! Brilliant!

Imagine that! I wonder if Neville tried yelling at his fellow Britons that they should "mind our own business!"? Surely that would have kept the UK and her allies safe?

Yeah, and how'd that work out?

Hitler took all of Czechoslovakia instead of the Sudatenland as was agreed. Neville did nothing, which prompted von Ribbentropp to advise Hitler that he'd do nothing if Germany invaded Poland.

And the next thing ya know it's Schnitzel in Paris and bombs in London! Brilliant!

Imagine that! I wonder if Neville tried yelling at his fellow Britons that they should "mind our own business!"? Surely that would have kept the UK and her allies safe?

actually, it would have.....

and all the territories east of Nazi Germany would have paid a huge price. Frightening to think how huge.

To old? So it's ok to have a President that is, To Inexperienced, To Arrogant, To Naive, and to fucking Partisan to do the Job, Just as long as they are not to old.

Funny.

To old? So it's ok to have a President that is, To Inexperienced, To Arrogant, To Naive, and to fucking Partisan to do the Job, Just as long as they are not to old.

Funny.

No. Are they implying that? I don't think Ron Paul is too old. He's just too nutty.

In other words he blames the woman for being raped, rather than the rapist.

I find the Paul blame America attitude offensive.

My comments are in blue

WALLACE: Congressman Paul -- Congressman Paul, you say that President Obama is not too soft on Iran, you say that he is too tough on Iran. I want to put up some of your statements. "Sanctions are not diplomacy," you say. "They are a precursor to war and an embarrassment to a country that pays lip service to free trade." As for Iran's nuclear ambitions, you wrote this: "One can understand why they might want to become nuclear capable, if only to defend themselves and to be treated more respectfull
Is that your policy towards Iran?

PAUL: Well, even our own CIA gives me this information, that they have no evidence that they're working on a weapon. Just think of what we went through in the Cold War. When I was in the Air Force, after I was drafted in the Air Force, all through the '60s, we were -- we were standing up against the Soviets. They had like 30,000 nuclear weapons with intercontinental missiles.

Just think of the agitation and the worrying of a country that might get a nuclear weapon some day. And just think of how many nuclear weapons surround Iran. The Chinese are there. The Indians are there. The Pakistanis are there. The Israelis are there. The United States is there. All these countries -- China has nuclear weapons.

Why wouldn't it be natural that they might want a weapon? There'd be -- internationally, they'd be given more respect. Why should we write people off? There was -- you know, in the '50s, we at least talked to them. At least our leaders and Reagan talked to the Soviets.
What's so terribly bad about this?

I mean, this whole idea of sanctions, all these pretend free traders, they're the ones who put on these trade sanctions. This is why we still don't have trade relationships with Cuba. It's about time we talked to Cuba and stopped fighting these wars that are about 30 or 40 years old

Ron "Mad Man" Paul explaining why foreign terrorists should be tried in american civilian courts and given miranda rights.

PAUL: Well, I think she turns our rule of law on its head. She says that the terrorists don't deserve protection under our courts, but, therefore, a judgment has to be made. They're ruled a terrorist. Who rules them a terrorist? I thought our courts recognized that you had to be tried.

And we've -- we've done this. And we've brought individuals back from Pakistan and other places. We've given them a trial in this country, over 300, or at least -- near 300, we tried and put them in prison.

So this idea that we -- we have to turn it on its head and reject the rule of law, we already are at the point where this administration -- please let me finish -- half a second -- this administration -- this administration... (BOOING) ... this administration already has accepted the principle that, when you assume somebody is a terrorist, they can be targeted for assassination, even American citizens. That affects all of us eventually. You don't want to translate our rule of law into a rule of mob rule.

I love this part below. The "Man Man" explains that Iran is deemed a threat because it has "some" militants.

PAUL: You've heard the war propaganda that is liable to lure -- lead us into the sixth war. And I worry about that position. Iran is a threat because they have some militants there. But believe me, they're all around the world and they're...(CROSSTALK)

IMO Paul is far more dangerous than Obama.

He doesn't realize that it's a dangerous world and there are people who wants to destroy us because we exist.

Iran is a chief state sponsor of terrorism. Even though they may not invade the US, if they had a nuke they could give it to a terrorist group, who could use it against the US.

Iran is currently fighting america by proxy.

Paul is even against the raid that killed OBL.

IMO he is mad :cuckoo:

No, it's because he realizes that the reason they want to attack us is because we've been meddling in their affairs for decades. There's a reason nobody attacks Switzerland. That being said the Iranian government is absolutely no threat whatsoever to the U.S. Like I said, a third-world tinpot dictator poses no threat to the world's preeminent military power.

Uhh no, nice try though.

Once again Paul supporters prove 'realitiy-challenged'

Because I don't think that polling at third makes one "unelectable?" .

That was not the standard in question. You said he was "ahead of the electable candidates." That statement suggests he was ahead of them all, when in fact he was not ahead of any of the front runners.

He's not too old, he's too nuts and too unelectable.

Except that there are plenty of polls where he's ahead of the so-called "electable" candidates, so that nonsense doesn't hold much water.

That's the exact quote. Perhaps not as clearly worded as it should be, but I think most people knew what I meant. I obviously wasn't stating that he was ahead of every candidate in the polls.

Forum List

Back