Ron Paul: HAVEN’T WE ALREADY DONE ENOUGH DAMAGE IN IRAQ?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Obama is doing the right thing for once --- nothing.

In 2006, I invited the late General Bill Odom to address my Thursday Congressional luncheon group. Gen. Odom, a former NSA director, called the Iraq war “the greatest strategic disaster in American history,” and told the surprised audience that he could not understand why Congress had not impeached the president for pushing this disaster on the United States. History continues to prove the General’s assessment absolutely correct.

In September, 2002, arguing against a US attack on Iraq, I said the following on the House Floor:

No credible evidence has been produced that Iraq has or is close to having nuclear weapons. No evidence exists to show that Iraq harbors al Qaeda terrorists. Quite to the contrary, experts on this region recognize Hussein as an enemy of the al Qaeda and a foe to Islamic fundamentalism.
Unfortunately, Congress did not listen.

As we know, last week the second largest city in Iraq, Mosul, fell to the al-Qaeda allied Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Last week an al-Qaeda that had not been in Iraq before our 2003 invasion threatened to move on the capitol, Baghdad, after it easily over-ran tens of thousands of Iraqi military troops.

The same foreign policy “experts” who lied us into the Iraq war are now telling us we must re-invade Iraq to deal with the disaster caused by their invasion! They cannot admit they were wrong about the invasion being a “cakewalk” that would pay for itself, so they want to blame last week’s events on the 2011 US withdrawal from Iraq. But the trouble started with the 2003 invasion itself, not the 2011 troop withdrawal. Anyone who understands cause and effect should understand this.

'Fuck the Neocons.

Not according the Republicans.

Obama is doing the right thing for once --- nothing.

In 2006, I invited the late General Bill Odom to address my Thursday Congressional luncheon group. Gen. Odom, a former NSA director, called the Iraq war “the greatest strategic disaster in American history,” and told the surprised audience that he could not understand why Congress had not impeached the president for pushing this disaster on the United States. History continues to prove the General’s assessment absolutely correct.

In September, 2002, arguing against a US attack on Iraq, I said the following on the House Floor:

No credible evidence has been produced that Iraq has or is close to having nuclear weapons. No evidence exists to show that Iraq harbors al Qaeda terrorists. Quite to the contrary, experts on this region recognize Hussein as an enemy of the al Qaeda and a foe to Islamic fundamentalism.
Unfortunately, Congress did not listen.

As we know, last week the second largest city in Iraq, Mosul, fell to the al-Qaeda allied Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Last week an al-Qaeda that had not been in Iraq before our 2003 invasion threatened to move on the capitol, Baghdad, after it easily over-ran tens of thousands of Iraqi military troops.

The same foreign policy “experts” who lied us into the Iraq war are now telling us we must re-invade Iraq to deal with the disaster caused by their invasion! They cannot admit they were wrong about the invasion being a “cakewalk” that would pay for itself, so they want to blame last week’s events on the 2011 US withdrawal from Iraq. But the trouble started with the 2003 invasion itself, not the 2011 troop withdrawal. Anyone who understands cause and effect should understand this.

'Fuck the Neocons.

On this, I basically agree with Dr. Paul.

I agree with Dr Paul here.

The Repugnatcans wonder why they lose elections. It's amazing that they call Dr Paul the right wing extremist, when they are the ones that support torture, NSA, NDAA, droning Americans and GMO.

Neocons are NOT "moderates" [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] they are the fucking extreme.

Who said neo-cons were moderates, 2dA? Not me? And you are among the most extreme of all Americans; you make neo-cons seem sane.

Not according the Republicans.

Lindsay Graham was on "Meet the Press" or some Sunday yak show really going off on why we shouldn't go right back in to Iraq. Here it is:

Lindsey Graham: "Seeds of 9/11" being planted in Iraq, Syria

JUNE 15, 2014, 10:35 AM|Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., says the U.S. must prevent Islamic extremists from toppling the Iraqi government, warning of the consequences if we fail to act.
Lindsey Graham: "Seeds of 9/11" being planted in Iraq, Syria - Videos - CBS News

God, he's taken the Karl Rove Playbook and made it his own. I really despise fear-mongering assholes like this. They don't have rational arguments or logic, they win by playing on the human emotion.

The Repugnatcans wonder why they lose elections. It's amazing that they call Dr Paul the right wing extremist, when they are the ones that support torture, NSA, NDAA, droning Americans and GMO.

Neocons are NOT "moderates" [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] they are the fucking extreme.

Who said neo-cons were moderates, 2dA? Not me? And you are among the most extreme of all Americans; you make neo-cons seem sane.

He seems to be having a lucid moment tonight.

Of course, crap, Graham: Iran won't let Iraq collapse.

This is why Bush, and later, Obama, was so wrong.

The major Shi'ite countries are allying as the neo-cons were told.

So sending in troops to protect our embasy is the wrong move?....
Oh yeah...I forgot about Benghazi...
Protecting ours is a bad thing.

Unless it's making a deal to get a deserter.

So let ISIS continue the slaughters? It was Republicans who were isolationist in 1930s, how did that work out?

Says the all-time-leading neo-con apologist. Fuck you Starkey.

You cannot allow this maniac that Obama let loose in 2009 to plunder Baghdad. We're all dead if he does.

Well I won't be. But a whole batch of you will. I can run to the woods. You can't. This man is crazy. He's beyond wild crazy.

He will kill you.

Get a grip kids this man is a homicidal maniac who loves to kill with an army of terrorists. Are any of you left wingers getting a grip on who your poppy let loose in 2009?

Forum List

Back