Ron Johson rails against funding child care: "having children is a choice...it's not society's responsability to take care of other people's children"

Where did you say that?

"Because, somehow, someone else raising your kids part time who does not truly care for them as a parent does is a societal boon....."

It's implicit.
No its not. it is in your assumption I am an idiot extremist.

What I stated is simply a fact. There are circumstance where you need childcare. There are circumstances where you would want childcare. None of them have shit to do with making the child a better person. In general, it is better if you can care for your own children and I stick by that statement. I have used childcare in the past when it was necessary and ended it when I was able to. Hell, I ran my own in home daycare for a bit because I wanted to get my child more interaction with other children but have no interest in having someone else raise my kids. They will do a worse job, guaranteed.

However, that in no way shape or form means I am against people choosing to send their children to daycare. That is YOUR choice. Nor is daycare a societal boon that we should be pushing for or paying for.

YOU think the government wants to pay for childcare. YOU think that childcare is better for kids than parents. Those are your silly positions that are implicit in your statements. Or....

Those are just moronic statements I am pulling out of my ass because you never said anything remotely like that whatsoever and implying shit you never said almost always ends up being wrong. Stop acting like those partisan bubbleheads you rail against, it is a bad look on you.

You can't get a job if you don't have child care. And you need a job to avoid being a burden of society.
Cant get a job if I do not have a home. You should provide me one. Cant get a job if I don't have a car. You should provide me one. Cant get a job if I don't have childcare, you should provide me with that. Cant get a job if I do not have nice clothing to wear. You should provide me that. Cant get a job if I do not have a phone, you should provide me that.

So I am not a burden on society....

no one is calling out Johnson for this

I guess you've never heard what the Democrats plan
for Americans are.Or is.Or used to be.Even L.B.J.'s Great
Society is now fully corrupted.Unless one thinks
The Bigotted Texan also meant Illegals should be part of
that Great Society Project.
I Don't Tnk so.
PLus the warning from Republicans for decades.
Of Cradle to Grave.The Democrat Party want to
control those they Govern from Cradle to Grave.
Talk about a Kafkesque world.
It is reasonable to bring up a child in the arms of a
Mother and Father.What has government to do with any
of that.Reasonably very little.But that was yesterday.
Today in Democrat America the peer pressure to
not conceive is surely a Devils delight.
But even that has played out.Now it's Gender Changing.
Deciding what Sex one craves.50 years ago that notion
would have almost guaranteed being sent to a mental
ward.Now we have doctors { not many thank God }
who think it ok to not list the sex of the newborn. on
a Birth Cerfiticate,
Just for the heck of it I wonder what Roy Rogers
and Dale Evans think of that.As they peer down from
Heaven.
Dale Evans supported Barry Goldwater in 1964.
Smart cookie she was.
Very few smart lady cookies around,Today.
Even Fewer ... :
" Tomorrow,and Tomorrow,and Tomorrow " - Macbeth

I doubt they really killed Osama bin Laden, I suspect he was already dead. the rest of your questions? would have to wait for another day. You are ill informed.
It was don't give me that Malarkay In October of
2008 as Obama's running mate.In regards to
his Beretta." I guarantee you Obama ain't takin' my shotguns
so don't buy that malarkay,"
"

Where’d you go to school? How do you get to work? How are you typing something that we can all see? Your life is possible because of what others paid for.
Pretty much sums up the Big Government mindset of
Loony Senator Elizabeth Warren.

What is illegal about having kids? And what is illegal now that prevents people from having children?
You have it backwards. Government has historically done everything it could to make sure as many children as possible were born. It often made illegal anything that would control reproduction. The motto should have been, ignorant, barefoot and pregnant.

Cant get a job if I do not have a home. You should provide me one. Cant get a job if I don't have a car. You should provide me one. Cant get a job if I don't have childcare, you should provide me with that. Cant get a job if I do not have nice clothing to wear. You should provide me that. Cant get a job if I do not have a phone, you should provide me that.

So I am not a burden on society....
False premise. You have working people in homeless shelters, taking public transportation, and shopping at good will. But they have to leave their children under the supervision of a responsible party, or face child endangerment or child neglect, for failing to do so.

Hence childcare isn't just a nice thing to have, but actually a legal requirement. Whether the caregiver is for hire, or a friend or relative.

False premise. You have working people in homeless shelters, taking public transportation, and shopping at good will. But they have to leave their children under the supervision of a responsible party, or face child endangerment or child neglect, for failing to do so.

Hence childcare isn't just a nice thing to have, but actually a legal requirement. Whether the caregiver is for hire, or a friend or relative.
Or they leave them with mom or dad.

So, not a false premise. You assume any of those things are less intrinsic than child care is. They are not. They are just as important. And they are equally not part of the things the government should be ensuring you have.

You have it backwards. Government has historically done everything it could to make sure as many children as possible were born. It often made illegal anything that would control reproduction. The motto should have been, ignorant, barefoot and pregnant.

Ok then why did you say it was strange I am talking about personal responsibility when states are taking away choice?

All I said is people should be responsible for their own choices and you start talking about states making things illegal, that has nothing to do with my statement. If I have something backwards it's because you're not making much sense or sticking to the topic.

Or they leave them with mom or dad.

So, not a false premise. You assume any of those things are less intrinsic than child care is. They are not. They are just as important. And they are equally not part of the things the government should be ensuring you have.
In order to leave the child with mom or dad, that parent would not be employable during that period

Ok then why did you say it was strange I am talking about personal responsibility when states are taking away choice?
You made it sound like personal choice, was still a choice. And not contravened by new government actions to make personal choice illegal.

Having and caring for children is the sole responsibility of the parent(s). If you can't afford children, don't have them. If you haven't achieved your career/lifetime goals yet, don't have them.

I sort of disagree.
While some people likely should not have children, once they do, then we DO want them ALL to do well.
We want them healthy, happy, educated, strong, productive, ambitious, etc., so they can compete with China, provide for Social Security funding, reduce crime, etc.
Everyone (in the US) does have an interest in all US children doing at well as possible.

Last edited:
What is your opinion of a woman who has five kids by three men?

Could just be bad luck.
Humans are primates, and primate are NOT monogamous.
They do not bond for life, because human interactions are very complex and don't always work out, regardless of intent by both people.
It is not a negative reflection when couples break up.

Imagine if Biden had said something similar and related it to high inflation.

"With inflation raising, maybe adults should consider not having so many children. It is your responsibility to raise and support them."

The spin from RWI's would be so different.

They would start with the standard. "Why does joe hate children."

Where’d you go to school? How do you get to work? How are you typing something that we can all see? Your life is possible because of what others paid for.
It's the amount that is paid that is questioned. And for what is paid many areas are fortunate to be treading water while others continue to sink no matter how much money is spent. Prog agendas based on groups and social justice has caused more and more problems. The ideas in theory are different than reality.

That is such a crock you are way beyond being
in outer space.Even Martians would not go near yer house
on Halloween.
You Leftists actually believe that Crazy Talk has an
effect.

Should they be quickly admitted to a hospital taking up a bed when they contract covid from not being JABBED?
Yep. Just like Trump did. I’d like to see them all flown in on helicopters then have dudes drive them around the city in a car on the way home.

Forum List

Back