Ron Johson rails against funding child care: "having children is a choice...it's not society's responsability to take care of other people's children"

Is that it?

a Newsweek story is your arguement?

hum

I could easily tie the feminist snowflake who wrote that article in knots if she were here

but she isnt

so I win by default
Its true he is anti-abortion.

Having and caring for children is the sole responsibility of the parent(s). If you can't afford children, don't have them. If you haven't achieved your career/lifetime goals yet, don't have them.

Agreed.

A house, kids, an expensive car, student loan, abortions, those all choices people make and are responsible for being able to pay for them. No one is owed any of those things. If you want them then work for them, it's not everyone else's job to provide you with those things.

If you can't afford something then don't buy it and kids are one of the most damned expensive things you can have. People need to stop and really think "should I have kids?"

I would however approve a bill that would allow men and women to recieve free sterilization procedures once they turn say 18. Purely optional of course.

It's not my job or the tax payers job to make sure someone else's bad decisions are paid for.

biden-malarkey-S.jpg
If not slanted by perspective, that still does not make Johnson into a level-headed, clear eyed, representative. Yes. He has always been a partisan hack, dick.

Having and caring for children is the sole responsibility of the parent(s). If you can't afford children, don't have them. If you haven't achieved your career/lifetime goals yet, don't have them.
Then we should immediately repeal the child tax credit.

Ok. Here is something I can comment on

In lib la la land where ron johnson critics live everything is so simple

find a need and rush up to washington to demand federal dollars to address that need

if libs had their way America would be a third world welfare state or worse

someone has to be the adult in the room and in this case its ron johnson
We need to immediately repeal the child tax credit as well.

It takes a village.

We paid for your education because we thought you’d be a better person for society. Even though we we’re wrong in your instance most people are better for it. Same with child care.
Child care makes you a better person?

Because, somehow, someone else raising your kids part time who does not truly care for them as a parent does is a societal boon.....

Who knew.

Child care makes you a better person?

Because, somehow, someone else raising your kids part time who does not truly care for them as a parent does is a societal boon.....

Who knew.
So you are against child care even for people who can afford it?

Who knew?

I guess we better stop sending kids to school, too. In loco parentis, after all.

Where did I say that G?

Nowhere. Not one fucking place. Stop being an idiot.
Where did you say that?

"Because, somehow, someone else raising your kids part time who does not truly care for them as a parent does is a societal boon....."

It's implicit.

If you can't afford something then don't buy it and kids are one of the most damned expensive things you can have. People need to stop and really think "should I have kids?"
Ironically the government historically has made anything slowing down people popping out children illegal. Contraception was illegal, abortion was illegal, they even made family planning illegal. Strange that you talk about taking responsibility for having children, when the government (the states) are doing everything to take away the choice.

Expecting people to follow MIDDLE-CLASS VALUES is too much for Democrats to countenance. They treat pregnancy and child birth in the same way that they treat mosquito bites. They just happen, and there's nothing that anyone can do about it.

There was a time in the not-too-distant past, when inexpensive birth control was not available, when abortion was not available on every street corner, and people who engaged in reproductive behavior had to assume the risk that the female participant would become pregnant. At such times, if the said female was not married, the sperm injector was expected to, and usually did, marry the bitch. Hence, they would have the resources to nurture the child even though its origins were not "planned."

Now modern, safe, effective birth control is ubiquitous, and abortion is usually available, but the Lefties are still treating children as though they were a completely serendipitous phenomenon, the responsibility for which should be shared in common amongst the People, the vast majority of whom live their lives more prudently.

It is sooooooooooo easy to be kind and compassionate with other peoples' money.

Ironically the government historically has made anything slowing down people popping out children illegal. Contraception was illegal, abortion was illegal, they even made family planning illegal. Strange that you talk about taking responsibility for having children, when the government (the states) are doing everything to take away the choice.

What is illegal about having kids? And what is illegal now that prevents people from having children?

Forum List

Back