Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

I do believe the Sermons could influence DeSantis. His is changing laws and creating laws that are driving the LGBTQ+ out of Florida.
If Ron had his way, maybe he would have them disposed of? Trump didn't support LGBTQ+ but he certainly didn't attend a church calling for the death of them.
Every one of those laws are to protect children. That community was not targeted until it began targeting innocent kids for grooming. What adults do is their choice and their responsibility. It should be no one else's business but when kids enter the equation, all of that changes, drastically.

You’re the delusional moron who said that being called names was “just like” being sentenced to prison for life.

I never said anything like that, you're on drugs
And you call other people stupid?

You're stupid, I never said that
You really don’t have to look hard to find the Christian fascists who wish to eradicate the people they find undesirable.

You're clearly not reading my posts, you're a liar, I never said that, stupid racist fuck

I never said anything like that, you're on drugs
I already showed you where you did. Are you illiterate or just a liar?

You're clearly not reading my posts, you're a liar, I never said that, stupid racist fuck
What the fuck are you talking about? I never accused you of saying that. I’m making a declarative statement that you don’t have to look hard to find Christian fascists. Turns out DeSantis knows one very well.

I kind of wish the entire right was as uninhibited because we would learn a lot about how disgusting they actually are.

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

um the Gov is a Catholic. He doesn’t go to this protestant church

swing and a miss

Desantis is a Baptist? Holy cow. Now it makes sense. He's a rapture ready Scofield heretic.
No he’s a Catholic. The OP is just another piece of demafascist propaganda, they knew their target dembot audience would eat up

I already showed you where you did. Are you illiterate or just a liar?

Typical democrat lie, when you're called out on your lie you claim without evidence you already did. You're full of shit, I never said that and you never showed it, and you're a racist

What the fuck are you talking about? I never accused you of saying that. I’m making a declarative statement that you don’t have to look hard to find Christian fascists. Turns out DeSantis knows one very well.

I kind of wish the entire right was as uninhibited because we would learn a lot about how disgusting they actually are.

More of your stupid leftist racist shit

Ron DeSantis was raised Catholic, but he and and his wife, Casey, rarely discuss the particularities of their religious beliefs in public.

:D:D:D

Supporters of Mr. DeSantis believe the two-term Florida governor offers an opportunity to nominate a conservative who does not carry the same baggage as his onetime ally and chief rival, former President Donald Trump.

hysterical-laughter.gif
why would he need to discuss his catholic faith publicly?

why did you and the propagandist lie about his faith?

No he’s a Catholic. The OP is just another piece of demafascist propaganda, they knew their target dembot audience would eat up

Do Catholics call for killing gay people? I can't imagine. I would walk out on any pastor who preached such filth.

why would he need to discuss his catholic faith publicly?

why did you and the propagandist lie about his faith?
If you can't keep up, get back under the porch with the other puppies and spectate.

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

If this represents the Republican party, start focusing on November 7, 2028.

DeSantis goes to church for the sake of appearance just like most politicians. Pretty sure a man like that does not actually believe in God.

Tom Ascol is the preacher. He gave the prayer at Desantis inauguration.

If you can't keep up, get back under the porch with the other puppies and spectate.

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

If this represents the Republican party, start focusing on November 7, 2028.
haha it’s not his pastors that was a lie by the propagandist

he’s a roman catholic the guy you quoted is a protestant pastor

you lie, and that reorders the demafasict party

Do Catholics call for killing gay people? I can't imagine. I would walk out on any pastor who preached such filth.
A lot of their clergy is gay so I don't think they hate gays.

Just because a warped pastor who is wrong beyond wrong says something idiotic doesn't mean desantis believes garbage like that.

Forum List

Back