Ron DeSantis: ‘I Did Fall Asleep’ During Biden’s State Of The Union

Yeah, me. Either will do for 2024.
DeSantis is my Governor. He has done a great job in what is the Free State of Florida. He is also Trump without all the obnoxious tweets.

I would vote for either Trump or DeSantis. I would never vote for Sleepy Joe, Giggles Kamala or Corrupt Hillary.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Having DeSantis as Governor of Florida has given the people in Florida the most Liberty in the country.

I feel sorry for those poor people living in the Commie states.

For instance, my youngest granddaughter was starting the Second grade in 2020. DeSantis kept the schools open and she went to school every day and learned what a Second Grader should have learned. Just think of those kids in the Commie States that didn't learn jackshit because the corrupt Democrats were kissing the ass of the filthy greedy Teacher's Unions.

DeSantis is amazing, we love him here in Florida

You said, "The political right has turned you into a weapon. You’re like a gun for them. They point you in the right direction and pull the trigger. A gun doesn’t think for itself. It just fires in the direction that it’s pointed at."

This is an assumption that you know what we believe and do. And it is a prejudice.

I suppose we have identical prejudices about each other's political thinking.

I do think it's important not to attack other people's beliefs (at least not in person!! Or with obscenities) and to be tolerant that other people can hold different opinions without wanting to destroy them.

Suppose everyone here got a magic button labeled "DELETE" that you could label with various people or categories of people.

Within five minutes this forum would be utterly depopulated.
It would be prejudice if it was based on an assumption. In this case, it’s not an assumption. I ask Lisa for example, a lot of questions and when these questions produce more anger than discussion, it’s clear to me that such people don’t really know why they believe something. Exposing that they’re merely parroting the party line causes anger in people.

It would be prejudice if it was based on an assumption. In this case, it’s not an assumption. I ask Lisa for example, a lot of questions and when these questions produce more anger than discussion, it’s clear to me that such people don’t really know why they believe something. Exposing that they’re merely parroting the party line causes anger in people.
How do you know they are "parroting"?

We may believe everything we say! Just because a lot of people believe something, like that mutilating children to change their sex is child abuse, for instance, perhaps means they all believe it, not that they are caught in some kind of viral meme.

I'm pretty sure I believe everything I believe, rather than that I've been brainwashed.

How do you know they are "parroting"?

We may believe everything we say! Just because a lot of people believe something, like that mutilating children to change their sex is child abuse, for instance, perhaps means they all believe it, not that they are caught in some kind of viral meme.

I'm pretty sure I believe everything I believe, rather than that I've been brainwashed.
I’ve stated my reasons at length. Do I really need to do so again?

Not only had this poster mirrored Trump at the same time that Trump said something, they’re incapable of explaining the reasoning. if someone truly believes something, they’re capable of explaining the reason to believe. If not, they’re almost certainly parroting.

Since when do brainwashed people know they’re brainwashed?

Not only had this poster mirrored Trump at the same time that Trump said something, they’re incapable of explaining the reasoning. if someone truly believes something, they’re capable of explaining the reason to believe. If not, they’re almost certainly parroting.

I am not liberal, I am very pro gun and anti abortion, and financially conservative. Yet, on conservatives sites I get harangued by the conservatives due to always question the rational for an opinion, not necessarily the opinion. When ever a new issue comes up I attempt to look at both sides through all the sources I can find. This forum for example is great fun because it is obvious they have no clue why they have their opinion, when that dawns on them they actually get angry. Way back in the day I hung out on a very, very conservative website back when conservatives were still conservative. I had a radio on most of the time I was at work and listened to Rush all the time. I would listen to Rush talk about something, get on the forum that evening. They would be discussing the issue, but they ALWAYS denied listening to Rush, they just knew. I think Rush programmed them. Literally. Now you have the entire RWNM 24/7.

You don't need to do anything you don't want to do.

And no one owes you an explanation, a defense, of their beliefs, either. I don't hold people to such a high standard, that they need to be able to explain to any hostile stranger, on demand, the logical and factual bases of their belief(s) or be damned for mental incompetence. I figure people can believe whatever they want for whatever reason they happen to have, or no reason! Certainly they don't need reasons that you or I would approve of.

As for "mirroring" Trump, the fact that so many agree with him about so much is of course why he won the presidency!!

You don't need to do anything you don't want to do.

And no one owes you an explanation, a defense, of their beliefs, either. I don't hold people to such a high standard, that they need to be able to explain to any hostile stranger, on demand, the logical and factual bases of their belief(s) or be damned for mental incompetence. I figure people can believe whatever they want for whatever reason they happen to have, or no reason! Certainly they don't need reasons that you or I would approve of.

As for "mirroring" Trump, the fact that so many agree with him about so much is of course why he won the presidency!!
Sure dude. Some people just happen to say the exact same thing as Trump at the exact same time but I’m supposed to totally believe that they reached that conclusion independently despite being inexplicably unwilling or unable to explain how or why.

Do you expect others to be so gullible?

Sure dude. Some people just happen to say the exact same thing as Trump at the exact same time but I’m supposed to totally believe that they reached that conclusion independently despite being inexplicably unwilling or unable to explain how or why.

They thought that way forever, if it's the way I got there --------

But Trump saying it loud and free liberated all of us to say it too.

Then we all voted for him. Because we like loud and free.

They thought that way forever, if it's the way I got there --------

But Trump saying it loud and free liberated all of us to say it too.

Then we all voted for him. Because we like loud and free.
It’s impossible to “thought that way forever” when the topic is recent events.

Swing and a miss.

Can you give me a few for-instances? Of Trump opinions or pronouncements that we are supposedly parroting? I could probably explain how I reached one or more of those opinions.

Too general. WHAT pronouncement, what recent events? 🤢
I’ve been discussing this idea that Clinton was a “traitor” as Trump stated a week or two ago.

I asked Lisa what Clinton had done that could be considered treasonous. I got no answer.

I’ve been discussing this idea that Clinton was a “traitor” as Trump stated a week or two ago.

I asked Lisa what Clinton had done that could be considered treasonous. I got no answer.
Oh, well, he calls everyone a traitor nowadays, I think. I've sent for the Barr book. Hillary is certainly crooked, but I wouldn't say a traitor. That seems too harsh to me.

Another example?

Oh, well, he calls everyone a traitor nowadays, I think. I've sent for the Barr book. Hillary is certainly crooked, but I wouldn't say a traitor. That seems too harsh to me.

Another example?
I wasn’t addressing you. I don’t know enough of your posting history.

There’s issues like the big lie, support for mail in ballots, the war in Iraq, child tax credit.

Forum List

Back