Former House Speaker Michael Madigan, for years the most powerful politician in Illinois, just indicted by federal grand jury on racketeering charges

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
“If you’re committing acts of corruption, you’ve got to go,” Dem Gov JB Pritzker said of media reports that Madigan will be indicted. drain the swamp, baby

“If you’re committing acts of corruption, you’ve got to go,” Dem Gov JB Pritzker said of media reports that Madigan will be indicted. drain the swamp, baby

Come on now, cut him some slack. He only did what Chicago Democrats are supposed to do.

As a former long time Chicago resident I welcome Madigan's fall.
He was one of those powerful pols that sometimes use their power for the good of the citizens, too often for the good of enablers and insiders.

He was an ex-school teacher who started in smallball politics and worked his way up via a quick and perceptive brain.

If the Feds can get a conviction.....then lock the SOB up in the same cell they locked up Gov. George Ryan.

IMHO

Last edited:
For almost any politician from Chicago…he seems squeaky clean In comparison.

For almost any politician from Chicago…he seems squeaky clean In comparison.

I personally, believe the above assertion is false.
I think, but do not know for sure, that the above assertion is made with little knowledge, or incomplete knowledge, or is just plain ill-informed, and not really qualified to speak about the political zeitgiest of Illinois.

A listing of his bona fides, would be useful.

IMHO

Forum List

Back