Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

I can't believe that you dumb rw's are siding with Mittens. I agree that Jones attacks on the US are protected by the first amendment but Mittens was dead wrong to condemn the embassy. They were under fire and terrified for their lives. Who can say they would not have made a similar statement?

But, right or wrong, Mittens is dead wrong to use this in such a shameful way. There's a time and a place for everything.

His attack against the embassy also shows a shocking ignorance of foreign policy.

When did freaking Terry Jones become a Coptic?

The Egyptian daily Al-Ahram reports that the film was produced by US-based Coptic-Christian Egyptians and set to screen during the anniversary of Sept. 11.

So one has Coptic Christians in America pissed off at Coptics getting killed in Egypt, produce a film, use Terry Jones (allegedly) a known asshole and anti Muslim and everyone now is going to turn around on the left and blame Evangelicals for producing this film.

I guess they couldn't find a Mormon to blame. That would have been better I guess.

Last edited:
Last time I heard Terry Jones wasn't a Coptic. That's the movie they were protesting and killing over.

Have you got a link to Terry Jones producing the Coptic film?

It's a buzz word. Terry Jones is just one of the buzz words, like Jew. The story is that a Jew made the movie.

The movie should be on prime time television.

Yeah, then we could get even more Americans killed.

(Do you EVER think before you type?)

Should we hide under the bed? Give into their demands? At what point should we stand up to islamic terrorists? What about Americans killing jihadis? By the dozens. Hundreds, until they stop.

What I heard is that it was Jones who made the video.

The important point is that Mitt was wrong to attack an America embassy. There is no way you rw's can spin that fact.

Obama's statement was as it always is - measured and appropriate. He did not put Americans at even more risk by getting into a back and forth with Mitt or the video. He DID make it clear that those responsible were in our sights and if you rw's remember, when he has done that before, our enemies have died.

The mistake that MittWitt made was in jumping the gun, criticizing the embassy and then trying to make it about Obama. He should have shut up until he had some idea what he was talking about.

I can't believe that the "leader" of the free world gave out a mouthful of mush then immediately took off for Las Vegas!

It's a matter of priorities.

There is no hand on the national wheel which is why we are out of control.

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president.

He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

The buck stops at the President. Isn't that what you liberal asswipes have been telling us for a decade?

Don't you blame Bush for 9/11?

No I blame the terrorist. I do condemn President Bush for ignoring the warnings that came from the previous adminstration as well as the CIA.

Just like I blame the fucking puke Religionists who attacked our embassies.

Romeny? He's just an ass-hole trying to capitalize on the tragedy and further inflame his loonie-tunes base. The GOP should condemn his statement and express solidarity with America in this time of tragedy

What I heard is that it was Jones who made the video.

The important point is that Mitt was wrong to attack an America embassy. There is no way you rw's can spin that fact.

Obama's statement was as it always is - measured and appropriate. He did not put Americans at even more risk by getting into a back and forth with Mitt or the video. He DID make it clear that those responsible were in our sights and if you rw's remember, when he has done that before, our enemies have died.

The mistake that MittWitt made was in jumping the gun, criticizing the embassy and then trying to make it about Obama. He should have shut up until he had some idea what he was talking about.

it wasn't a mistake.....it's called standing up for America......instead of kowtowing to radicals....this was an act of war upon America....:mad:

the embassy is part and parcel of the Administration.....what the embassy says reflects the weakling viewpoint of Obama....

Yesterday we noted that Mitt Romney, down in the polls after the convention, was throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama. Little did we know the kitchen sink would include -- on the anniversary of 9/11 -- one of the most over-the-top and (it turns out) incorrect attacks of the general-election campaign . Last night after 10:00 pm ET, Romney released a statement on the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya. After saying he was “outraged” by these attacks and the death of an American consulate worker, Romney said, “It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.” Yet after learning every piece of new information about those attacks, the Romney statement looks worse and worse -- and simply off-key. First, Romney was referring to a statement that the U.S. embassy in Egypt issued condemning the “efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” But that embassy statement, which the White House has distanced itself from, was in reference to an anti-Islam movie and anti-Islam pastor Terry Jones, and it came out BEFORE the embassy attacks began. Then this morning, we learned that the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and others died in one of the attacks
First Thoughts: Over the top - First Read

Just saw where Romney is refusing to apologize for his politically motivated statement that the Americans in the Embassy, fearing for their lives, were terrorist sympathizers.

What a pompous self righteous ass Romney is...

It was another clumsy move by an amatuerish campaign.

This guy is seriously an awful leader. It's getting dangerous having this guy as President. Time for a change. If that doesn't work then it's time for another change. We don't know Romney can do this job ... but we know Obama can't.

He's the most apallingly bad president I've seen in my 57 years.

The embassy was desperately trying to save their own lives and he chooses that moment to kick them under the bus.

And then, incredibly, tried to blame the president.

He's an idiot and would be even worse that Bush.

I think Romney is completely lost when it comes to foreign policy. He is really starting to scare the crap out of me as he seems ready to go guns a blazin at anything that happens.

I can't believe that you dumb rw's are siding with Mittens. I agree that Jones attacks on the US are protected by the first amendment but Mittens was dead wrong to condemn the embassy. They were under fire and terrified for their lives. Who can say they would not have made a similar statement?

But, right or wrong, Mittens is dead wrong to use this in such a shameful way. There's a time and a place for everything.

His attack against the embassy also shows a shocking ignorance of foreign policy.

He didn't condemn the embassy you idiot.

When did freaking Terry Jones become a Coptic?

The Egyptian daily Al-Ahram reports that the film was produced by US-based Coptic-Christian Egyptians and set to screen during the anniversary of Sept. 11.

They are furiously trying to save obama from himself, they don't have time to look at facts.

Forum List

Back